reefer_madness (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 9.26.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).png
20170623_085618 (resized).jpg
IMG_4760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You say that, but. . .
So I took all the pages from this thread, did a very quick level of parsing to extract out all the messages, and then sent them through a Sentiment Analysis (Natural Language Processing using Python NLTK Text classification: http://text-processing.com/demo/sentiment/)
The thread is more negative than positive (the model used for this analysis is used to analyze movie reviews and comments, so relatively speaking, a good model for pinside data).
People are appreciating the hard work and commitment of the JJP team, but the sentient of this thread has a negative bias.

Yea, and yours was so positive and bright I gun a sunburn. I don't think anyone is being negative about the product, we all appreciate this is the best supported machine in the market right now. People are discussing things they are experiencing, and what they like and dislike. Maybe these are bugs and the developer will appreciate knowing...or maybe he intended things to be that way and they get left. It doesn't matter either way....again, these are just expensive toys and each can do with theirs as they please and can choose to go with the new update or keep the old. And for the record, people don't traditionally take to forums to post glowing reviews, and if they do they don't draw another 20 posts of positive comment....it is just human nature that the majority of the posts contain something considered by someone to be negative in nature. Just look at your last 2 comments...you are complaining about people complaining. I would guess this thread is better than all of Pinside as a whole......

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Alright WoZ crew, my apologies for rubbing so many people the wrong way. I felt the thread was pretty negative, made that comment, and then responded with an objective analysis when people thought I was wrong. My methods are what they are, but I laid them out so others could repeat them. I have no idea why that upsets some folks (feel free to PM me if you like to discuss further), but I'm just going to back away slowly and not make any more sudden moves.

Don't make me break out my slide rule! lol

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I hesitate to even say this, but the missing lightshows are due to a bug due to a change in a very low level system that caused conflicts with how Oz did some lightshows. We didn't notice it because tbh we haven't been playing Oz daily for quite a few months now.
So, it'll get fixed, I'm sorry, didn't mean to take them out, and the cause was something completely unrelated to the lightshows themselves.

Awesome news, and thanks for letting us know so it isn't the topic of discussion for months to come. Regardless of what anyone might think, we really do appreciate all of your efforts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-code-update-65?tu=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.