reefer_madness (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 9.26.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).png
20170623_085618 (resized).jpg
IMG_4760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 6 years ago

Loaded new code quick and no problems so far....have had some good games on it so far...castle doors much quicker, and daily high score helps keep me competing against myself to get on the board. This has an exceptional polished feel to it...thank you again, Keith and company!!!

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You're right. That's gone too. I hope that and the lack of a TOTO finish are just things that were overlooked and will be put back in rather than intentional omissions.

Hmm...think the twinkle lighting effect and toto are still intact....maybe I'm missing something....

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Really? That's weird. Can you try it again? If you save Toto, in the old version, the inserts would flash white one at a time as if Toto were running across the playfield. With the update, this doesn't happen. If it happens for you but not me and apparently some others, something must be wrong. I would love it if you could confirm.

Will try again....I know I saved TOTO, and saw the typical white light insert trace...( disclaimer..it was bourbon night, but no alcohol tonight so will report shortly)

#122 6 years ago

Pulled the glass, and you are correct.....initial TOTO target inserts good, but no trace after completed...no sparkles after skill shot either.....apologies...definitely need that back...crap....

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think we've all seen the Toto lights after too much bourbon.

LMAO!!!....lights always look better on bourbon night!!!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I don't get it -- the code gets updated with new features being added years after the game is released (and the code was already in great shape). Some very minor light effects get lost or the color changes slightly in a 5 second mode and people go nuts. I will happily take the code with new features at the loss of a couple of twinkles. The lighting effects are outstanding, the code is superb, and Keith and JPP's commitment to WOZ should be applauded.

I've played it more than I have in recent months ( as with all new code drops, right?). Game plays very solid, and some of the added features are very cool....the scoring visuals are outstanding, and really caught my eye, there are some new lighting effects that look great, castle doors are very quick and definitive as well. I'm not an amazing player, but already dig the new code. It played fine before, but as I stated, just feels even more polished. ( I also experienced the " extremely rare crash bug" on several occasions...hopefully gone now)

There's more to find, for sure ( and I do miss the TOTO and sparkle effects)...but new code = good thing for me...

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I hesitate to even say this, but the missing lightshows are due to a bug due to a change in a very low level system that caused conflicts with how Oz did some lightshows. We didn't notice it because tbh we haven't been playing Oz daily for quite a few months now.
So, it'll get fixed, I'm sorry, didn't mean to take them out, and the cause was something completely unrelated to the lightshows themselves.

Thanks for update as always!!!....I'm sticking w new code, and content on waiting for fix....great machine!!!....mark

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He did, but because it happens somewhat randomly, it often locked up BEFORE the reboot time, killing the machine until a hard boot. So, it needs a fix to the root problem, not a weird Microsoft "we can't fix this, so let's just reboot your car software at forced intervals" level fix. <-- not a joke, that really happened.
And to be clear, it's not a hard lock, but some kind of loop because SOME functions (attract light show) still work. Just most of them don't.

Even in my limited home use, I would occasionally get a random " frozen" screen ( game still playing), and rare, random reset on frenzied multiball. Hoping this code version cures this.

Scheduled reboots are part of pm services in items from computers at enterprise level to mobile devices in my world. The first words from tech support team " have you done a reboot?" Certainly not unique to pinball ( as you have pointed out)...technology with a price...

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Been around since the beginning.

Yep...scared the crap out of me the first time it happened.....

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It still scares the crap out of me.

I relocated my knocker to the cabinet side w a plate as well....sort of cringe every time I match....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-code-update-65?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.