reefer_madness (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 9.26.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).png
20170623_085618 (resized).jpg
IMG_4760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 6 years ago

My witch doesn't register at all now, I just played a game at 6.11P and it was fine. Updated and played two games at 6.50 with no hits counting now.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Was that you who said the same on the jjp forum? If not that would be two people who have issues. Now waiting to see if this is a glitch.

Yep that's me

Quoted from poup:

No problem for me. This is the opposit for me, I managed to kill the witch while in bumpers.

Mine lost all responsiveness, even with glass off it don't register now unless I hit the very corner of 57 or 58 at the very top pressing very hard and wiggling it, go figure.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Since yours seems to be doing well opposite of what I would expect, please ensure the switches are setup so that they are NORMALLY CLOSED (should show a darker green when in switch test), then open up when struck.

I'll check right now Keith, one sec.

#43 6 years ago

They are green when not touched, then go to a dark blue when i can get them to fire.

BTW not sure if it's new or I just noticed but love that you can now move the TOTO lights.

Have a look:

Image of the switch matrix, not pressing anything:

IMG_1266 (resized).JPGIMG_1266 (resized).JPG

#49 6 years ago

This is not proper behavior. ltg can help you a lot better than I can, but the switches need to be CLOSED normally.
I misspoke earlier; the matrix should show the switches a darker blue than the rest of the switches (meaning inactive normally-closed non-opto), then turn green when you hit the target (opening the switch, causing it to be "active" in this case). The action of pushing on the witch target should cause the arm of the micro switch to not activate anymore.
It's at least POSSIBLE your switches are wired normally-closed (I have never seen any microswitch wired this way on purpose in all my years of designing games as far as I recall) which would also cause the reverse action you are encountering.
The diode should be soldered to the outside lugs, with the band pointing to the lug where the pivot is. The green-x wire should be soldered to the middle lug. The white-x wire should be soldered to the lug away from the pivot point.

Thanks Keith,

Hopefully Lloyd will chime in maybe its just an adjustment, I don't believe they are wired backwards as they did work properly just an hour ago but maybe the new core settings being more sensitive has mine constantly open now. I will start looking into this a bit further now and thanks for supporting such a great game, all the best.

Mike

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks. I'll be sure and make a backup before I install. One more question, what format should the usb stick be? MS-DOS (FAT), ExFAT, Mac OS Extended?

FAT32, not NTSF

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you revert back to the previous code version and see if the problem persists, seems the easiest way to know for sure if the code changed something.

I don't think you can without doing a full 6.06 install and then delta up to 6.11P

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern isn't going to feel much of a pinch until JJP, or any other manufacturer for that matter, can put out games at a reliable rate. Stern simply crushes everybody in both marketshare and mindshare at this point. But yes, JJP and the others are starting to make dents in the Stern machine.

IMHO most of Sterns pinch right now is self inflicted, their quality as of late leaves a lot to be desired and their spotty code support on some titles and not others is what I feel pushing folks away and having them look elsewhere where machines are being made.

However Jack does have some great support on both mechanical and code, and the build quality is there as well. Not saying some things can't fall through the cracks but overall they are on top of things.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Confused. Do I download, Delta install ver 6.50 or change-log ver 6.50 *NEW*

Delta, the other is only a text file

#65 6 years ago

Thank you Keith and Lloyd the switches had to be adjusted just as you guys said, you guys rock. Thanks.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

It seems that my switches were already factory-set as close to the strike plate as they could be. Moving them in the OTHER direction makes the problem worse. Most of the time, the matrix still shows Left & Right as green, but sometimes a good hit will turn them dark blue again...until, of course, the next time I hit it. Those switches are craaazy sensitive.....sometimes, just lifting/lowering the playfield will cause them to be triggered.

Any other suggestions? :/

you can do a slight bend in the switch arm so it make better contact and responsive enough.

#127 6 years ago

I think TNPLH sequence and lighting is different too now, to me it looks like it lost its sepia appearance. Really considering dropping back to 6.11, now can I roll it back or do I have to do a fresh install of 6.06 and delta upwards.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I will happily take the code with new features at the loss of a couple of twinkles.

Everyone has applauded Keith and JJP for doing outstanding work with their machine. People are not going nuts but simply discussing what they really liked in the previous that had some outstanding effects which is no longer there. The ones who were thinking of reverting are simply thinking of going back to 6.11 (not 6.06) where they had the special lighting effects and still do retain most of all the new features that 6.50 has given.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is 6.11 on the JJP site still?

not sure but I still have it in zip form

**update: yes it is **

#144 6 years ago

So if we breakdown the first 100 post only:

Praise code: 33

Praise and waiting to update code: 3

Tech issues resolved with code and Praise : 5

Uncertain on code updating at this point: 1

General Questions: 15

Tech Questions: 22

General Discussion: 16

Hobbit Talk: 2

Total 97 (didn't break down every area of topics so there are some gaps)

Total Praises: 41

Only neg comment noted was towards Stern.

Life doesn't go by computer analysis and not to get political and please don't but just to state a great example: President Hillary by a landslide according to computer statistical analysis .

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Alright WoZ crew, my apologies for rubbing so many people the wrong way. I felt the thread was pretty negative, made that comment, and then responded with an objective analysis when people thought I was wrong. My methods are what they are, but I laid them out so others could repeat them. I have no idea why that upsets some folks (feel free to PM me if you like to discuss further), but I'm just going to back away slowly and not make any more sudden moves.

Nah, all is good. I guess others like myself just feel that we were only mentioning the effects that we liked in 6.11 that are no longer in 6.50 and hoping for a return in 6.51 (hint hint Keith). Overall we love the strides they have done with this game and coding and the support has been nothing less then outstanding.

Now let's drink and play another game.......

#165 6 years ago

I hesitate to even say this, but the missing lightshows are due to a bug due to a change in a very low level system that caused conflicts with how Oz did some lightshows. We didn't notice it because tbh we haven't been playing Oz daily for quite a few months now.

So, it'll get fixed, I'm sorry, didn't mean to take them out, and the cause was something completely unrelated to the lightshows themselves.

Keith You Guys Rock!!!!

That's why it's always great to have another set of eyes on things for sometimes they do catch things that were an oversight, even if it's our aging eyes lol. Glad you followed this thread and read our discussion.

Everybody to Beelzeboob's house for mulching party!!!!!!

1 month later
#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

Delta install is not working for me. I can't try a full install as I only have a 2gig usb right now. Bummer

Make sure your usb is formatted to FAT32 not NTSF!!

1 month later
#262 6 years ago

Maybe Keith has been busy coding number #4, I'm sure he will at some point.

1 month later
#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Can someone try to verify?

Happens in my 6.50 code RR as well. Just glass tested it and sure enough the same results as you. Hopefully Keith will look into this as well as replace the lost lighting effects that happen in the update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-code-update-65?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.