Topic Stats

• 294 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1551 (resized).JPG
reefer_madness (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 9.26.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).png
20170623_085618 (resized).jpg
IMG_4760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG

There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 2 years ago

Also, don't see the twinkling white lights when you make a skill shot. Is that now gone?

#102 2 years ago

No its 55 Skill shot target Its made all the time now. Im going to jump back to 6.06 and see what happens. This was not a problem when i had 6.06

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

anyone running the update with an original production standard?

Yes. I had no problems (other than too much fun) with the new code.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Also, don't see the twinkling white lights when you make a skill shot. Is that now gone?

You're right. That's gone too. I hope that and the lack of a TOTO finish are just things that were overlooked and will be put back in rather than intentional omissions.

#105 2 years ago

OK I found the problem. There was a short in skill shot target which caused the target to show made all the time. That in turn (since the shaker does shake when you hit the skill shot target) caused the shaker motor to run amok. all good

#106 2 years ago

I have had two problems since the update. My castle doors don't open and my house wall won't drop anymore. Anyone else having that issue?

#107 2 years ago

Loaded new code quick and no problems so far....have had some good games on it so far...castle doors much quicker, and daily high score helps keep me competing against myself to get on the board. This has an exceptional polished feel to it...thank you again, Keith and company!!!

#108 2 years ago

So im a lil embarrassed to say but I'm still running 4.11 can I go from it to 6.5?

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

So im a lil embarrassed to say but I'm still running 4.11 can I go from it to 6.5?

6.06 full install is on the website. Just do a full install and be done with it. Then put in the 6.5 delta.

LTG : )

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

I'm still running 4.11 can I go from it to 6.5?

No.

LTG : )

#111 2 years ago

Thanks LTG

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You're right. That's gone too. I hope that and the lack of a TOTO finish are just things that were overlooked and will be put back in rather than intentional omissions.

Hmm...think the twinkle lighting effect and toto are still intact....maybe I'm missing something....

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hmm...think the twinkle lighting effect and toto are still intact....maybe I'm missing something....

Really? That's weird. Can you try it again? If you save Toto, in the old version, the inserts would flash white one at a time as if Toto were running across the playfield. With the update, this doesn't happen. If it happens for you but not me and apparently some others, something must be wrong. I would love it if you could confirm.

#114 2 years ago

Awesome on the update - updating this game alway makes me feel like a computer dinosaur... but 18th try is always the charm...

#115 2 years ago

Just played a very long game. Not once did the lights twinkle on lane skill shots ( or toto).
Also, going to add this to the jjp bug thread, if it is a bug and not intentionally coded. But my long game was due to the wizard hole giving me 4 extra balls on the same ball. This can't be right. I have some other things happening that were not happening prior to this update. Could be my game, so hoping to hear others who see things.

#116 2 years ago

Well...I have the new code on my USB, but no way in hell is this going into my machine until they fix the twinkly lights and the Toto lights. The extra balls, I'll take.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I have the new code on my USB, but no way in hell is this going into my machine until they fix the twinkly lights and the Toto lights. The extra balls, I'll take.

Agreed. I'm thinking about reverting I miss those lights so much! But I'm also pretty darn lazy . . . .

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll try again:

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Really? That's weird. Can you try it again? If you save Toto, in the old version, the inserts would flash white one at a time as if Toto were running across the playfield. With the update, this doesn't happen. If it happens for you but not me and apparently some others, something must be wrong. I would love it if you could confirm.

Will try again....I know I saved TOTO, and saw the typical white light insert trace...( disclaimer..it was bourbon night, but no alcohol tonight so will report shortly)

#122 2 years ago

Pulled the glass, and you are correct.....initial TOTO target inserts good, but no trace after completed...no sparkles after skill shot either.....apologies...definitely need that back...crap....

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Will try again....I know I saved TOTO, and saw the typical white light insert trace...( disclaimer..it was bourbon night, but no alcohol tonight so will report shortly)

I think we've all seen the Toto lights after too much bourbon.

#124 2 years ago

I download 6.5 delta to Mac and get a big folder of stuff. No zip or compression?

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think we've all seen the Toto lights after too much bourbon.

LMAO!!!....lights always look better on bourbon night!!!

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I download 6.5 delta to Mac and get a big folder of stuff. No zip or compression?

Yeah just put the whole folder onto a thumb drive and use the USB update option in the setup menus.

#127 2 years ago

I think TNPLH sequence and lighting is different too now, to me it looks like it lost its sepia appearance. Really considering dropping back to 6.11, now can I roll it back or do I have to do a fresh install of 6.06 and delta upwards.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah just put the whole folder onto a thumb drive and use the USB update option in the setup menus.

That works? Cool!

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think TNPLH sequence and lighting is different too now, to me it looks like it lost its sepia appearance. Really considering dropping back to 6.11, now can I roll it back or do I have to do a fresh install of 6.06 and delta upwards.

It did lose the sepia tone and is brighter now. I too like the old version. Supposedly, there is more fanfare at the ending now, at least according to the change log, but I haven't completed it yet to see.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That works? Cool!

Yeah, just keep the name of the folder the same. It needs to be "woz_update"

#131 2 years ago

I'm really happy with the game as is. Not sure I will try the update. Still haven't melted the witch but came close.

#132 2 years ago

I don't get it -- the code gets updated with new features being added years after the game is released (and the code was already in great shape). Some very minor light effects get lost or the color changes slightly in a 5 second mode and people go nuts. I will happily take the code with new features at the loss of a couple of twinkles. The lighting effects are outstanding, the code is superb, and Keith and JPP's commitment to WOZ should be applauded.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I don't get it -- the code gets updated with new features being added years after the game is released (and the code was already in great shape). Some very minor light effects get lost or the color changes slightly in a 5 second mode and people go nuts. I will happily take the code with new features at the loss of a couple of twinkles. The lighting effects are outstanding, the code is superb, and Keith and JPP's commitment to WOZ should be applauded.

The code is supposed to ADD to the experience...not take a little from here and put it over there. There's no reason to take out those cool lighting effects.

As for me, I'm out.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I've played it more than I have in recent months ( as with all new code drops, right?). Game plays very solid, and some of the added features are very cool....the scoring visuals are outstanding, and really caught my eye, there are some new lighting effects that look great, castle doors are very quick and definitive as well. I'm not an amazing player, but already dig the new code. It played fine before, but as I stated, just feels even more polished. ( I also experienced the " extremely rare crash bug" on several occasions...hopefully gone now)

There's more to find, for sure ( and I do miss the TOTO and sparkle effects)...but new code = good thing for me...

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I wouldn't say we are going nuts. We all applaud JJP and what they have done and continue to do with the code. We're just pointing out that there are a couple of bugs that still need to be corrected. I personally thought those Toto lights were an amazing touch. I didn't realize how much I really liked them until they were gone. It was touches like that that showed just how polished the code was and how committed Keith was to making it everything it could be. It would just be a shame if the added features were at the expense of other features. Personally, I think they'll make it right in the final 5.51 update.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I wouldn't say we are going nuts. We all applaud JJP and what they have done and continue to do with the code. We're just pointing out that there are a couple of bugs that still need to be corrected. I personally thought those Toto lights were an amazing touch. I didn't realize how much I really liked them until they were gone. It was touches like that that showed just how polished the code was and how committed Keith was to making it everything it could be. It would just be a shame if the added features were at the expense of other features. Personally, I think they'll make it right in the final 5.51 update.

My thoughts exactly. No one going "nuts". Just pointing out a few things. New additions are great. Just saying keep the lights in. Probably an oversight.

#137 2 years ago

I noticed another small bug. When I hit targets for small points (250/ 450/ 650), they were shown in the display - but they were still there for about half a second when the display has already swapped to the "main display" (well, the one with the four main targets).
Strange, that didn't happen before...

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Wouldn't stress about stern in time jjp will kill them off . No comparison whatsoever , jjp commitment , quality , and love for the game and fellow uses and their family ,and the respect he has from people in general . This will crush the big stern company it will only take time . Then maybe jjp can make a pinball about it .

I hope this doesn't come true.I don't own any Sterns or plan to get one,but Stern is very good for pinball right now.May they live for a very long time.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I will happily take the code with new features at the loss of a couple of twinkles.

Everyone has applauded Keith and JJP for doing outstanding work with their machine. People are not going nuts but simply discussing what they really liked in the previous that had some outstanding effects which is no longer there. The ones who were thinking of reverting are simply thinking of going back to 6.11 (not 6.06) where they had the special lighting effects and still do retain most of all the new features that 6.50 has given.

#140 2 years ago

Is 6.11 on the JJP site still?

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is 6.11 on the JJP site still?

not sure but I still have it in zip form

**update: yes it is **

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Everyone has applauded Keith and JJP for doing outstanding work with their machine. People are not going nuts but simply discussing what they really liked in the previous that had some outstanding effects which is no longer there. The ones who were thinking of reverting are simply thinking of going back to 6.11 (not 6.06) where they had the special lighting effects and still do retain most of all the new features that 6.50 has given.

You say that, but. . .

So I took all the pages from this thread, did a very quick level of parsing to extract out all the messages, and then sent them through a Sentiment Analysis (Natural Language Processing using Python NLTK Text classification: http://text-processing.com/demo/sentiment/)

The thread is more negative than positive (the model used for this analysis is used to analyze movie reviews and comments, so relatively speaking, a good model for pinside data).

People are appreciating the hard work and commitment of the JJP team, but the sentient of this thread has a negative bias.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 9.26.41 AM (resized).png

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You say that, but. . .
So I took all the pages from this thread, did a very quick level of parsing to extract out all the messages, and then sent them through a Sentiment Analysis (Natural Language Processing using Python NLTK Text classification: http://text-processing.com/demo/sentiment/)
The thread is more negative than positive (the model used for this analysis is used to analyze movie reviews and comments, so relatively speaking, a good model for pinside data).
People are appreciating the hard work and commitment of the JJP team, but the sentient of this thread has a negative bias.

Yea, and yours was so positive and bright I gun a sunburn. I don't think anyone is being negative about the product, we all appreciate this is the best supported machine in the market right now. People are discussing things they are experiencing, and what they like and dislike. Maybe these are bugs and the developer will appreciate knowing...or maybe he intended things to be that way and they get left. It doesn't matter either way....again, these are just expensive toys and each can do with theirs as they please and can choose to go with the new update or keep the old. And for the record, people don't traditionally take to forums to post glowing reviews, and if they do they don't draw another 20 posts of positive comment....it is just human nature that the majority of the posts contain something considered by someone to be negative in nature. Just look at your last 2 comments...you are complaining about people complaining. I would guess this thread is better than all of Pinside as a whole......

#144 2 years ago

So if we breakdown the first 100 post only:

Praise code: 33

Praise and waiting to update code: 3

Tech issues resolved with code and Praise : 5

Uncertain on code updating at this point: 1

General Questions: 15

Tech Questions: 22

General Discussion: 16

Hobbit Talk: 2

Total 97 (didn't break down every area of topics so there are some gaps)

Total Praises: 41

Only neg comment noted was towards Stern.

Life doesn't go by computer analysis and not to get political and please don't but just to state a great example: President Hillary by a landslide according to computer statistical analysis .

#145 2 years ago

I didn't notice the light show differences that much... the game has the best light show out there by far already so it's hard for me to see such a minor difference.

Keeping 6.5 myself, love ball in reserve mode, floating scores and which responsiveness that is aligned with 6.06 and below versions.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You say that, but. . .

OMG. Are you serious???

What a waste of time.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You say that, but. . .

LOL...everytime someone mentions There's No Place Like Home" its negative!

#148 2 years ago

What is floating scores?

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

What is floating scores?

Little numbers are momentarily floating above the main score to show switch hit values.

#150 2 years ago

Alright WoZ crew, my apologies for rubbing so many people the wrong way. I felt the thread was pretty negative, made that comment, and then responded with an objective analysis when people thought I was wrong. My methods are what they are, but I laid them out so others could repeat them. I have no idea why that upsets some folks (feel free to PM me if you like to discuss further), but I'm just going to back away slowly and not make any more sudden moves.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside