reefer_madness (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 9.26.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).png
20170623_085618 (resized).jpg
IMG_4760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If only Stern were so committed to code.
Thanks Keith, Ted et al.

If only JJP made more than 3 games a decade...

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks. I'll be sure and make a backup before I install. One more question, what format should the usb stick be? MS-DOS (FAT), ExFAT, Mac OS Extended?

FAT32, not NTSF

#53 6 years ago

Wouldn't stress about stern in time jjp will kill them off . No comparison whatsoever , jjp commitment , quality , and love for the game and fellow uses and their family ,and the respect he has from people in general . This will crush the big stern company it will only take time . Then maybe jjp can make a pinball about it .

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Thanks Keith,
Hopefully Lloyd will chime in maybe its just an adjustment, I don't believe they are wired backwards as they did work properly just an hour ago but maybe the new core settings being more sensitive has mine constantly open now. I will start looking into this a bit further now and thanks for supporting such a great game, all the best.
Mike

Can you revert back to the previous code version and see if the problem persists, seems the easiest way to know for sure if the code changed something.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

format should the usb stick be?

fat32

LTG : )

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Hopefully Lloyd will chime in maybe its just an adjustment,

Loosen the nuts circled in RED allowing you to move the switches closer to the plate. Reach around the lifted playfield and tap the strike plate while moving the swiches closer. When you have the sensitivity you want, just tighten the nuts back down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89824152@N07/sets/72157634995600921/

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you revert back to the previous code version and see if the problem persists, seems the easiest way to know for sure if the code changed something.

I don't think you can without doing a full 6.06 install and then delta up to 6.11P

#58 6 years ago

So, when's this thing going to get posted?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Wouldn't stress about stern in time jjp will kill them off . No comparison whatsoever , jjp commitment , quality , and love for the game and fellow uses and their family ,and the respect he has from people in general . This will crush the big stern company it will only take time . Then maybe jjp can make a pinball about it .

Stern isn't going to feel much of a pinch until JJP, or any other manufacturer for that matter, can put out games at a reliable rate. Stern simply crushes everybody in both marketshare and mindshare at this point. But yes, JJP and the others are starting to make dents in the Stern machine.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, when's this thing going to get posted?

You may use the following URL and instructions to download.

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

Select 'Downloads'
Select 'Wizard Of Oz'
Select the appropriate 6.50 download

Gord

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern isn't going to feel much of a pinch until JJP, or any other manufacturer for that matter, can put out games at a reliable rate. Stern simply crushes everybody in both marketshare and mindshare at this point. But yes, JJP and the others are starting to make dents in the Stern machine.

IMHO most of Sterns pinch right now is self inflicted, their quality as of late leaves a lot to be desired and their spotty code support on some titles and not others is what I feel pushing folks away and having them look elsewhere where machines are being made.

However Jack does have some great support on both mechanical and code, and the build quality is there as well. Not saying some things can't fall through the cracks but overall they are on top of things.

#62 6 years ago

Duplicate post

#63 6 years ago

Confused. Do I download, Delta install ver 6.50 or change-log ver 6.50 *NEW*

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Confused. Do I download, Delta install ver 6.50 or change-log ver 6.50 *NEW*

Delta, the other is only a text file

#65 6 years ago

Thank you Keith and Lloyd the switches had to be adjusted just as you guys said, you guys rock. Thanks.

#66 6 years ago

Ahhh, thanks!

#67 6 years ago

The new way of tracking balls remaining rather than ball in play is seriously innovative- obvious- and an amazing way of letting people step up and just play with whose ever at the table and currently playing. I was interested in WOZ before- this actually has me seriously considering this game. I want to play all my games this way. How obvious and brilliant.

I mean obvious in the- WTF why didn't I think of that - kind of way. It's such a trivial change to the game but makes a huge impact.

#68 6 years ago

Whatever you may think of Wizard of Oz, you have to admit that Jersey Jack's commitment to code is unmatched. I think any reasonable person would have expected Woz code to have stopped development two years ago.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Whatever you may think of Wizard of Oz, you have to admit that Jersey Jack's commitment to code is unmatched. I think any reasonable person would have expected Woz code to have stopped development two years ago.

Hopefully, in future, any "reasonable person" will begin to expect the kind of code support that the team at JJP offer. Only that way will others pull their socks up.

#70 6 years ago

the contents of the delta file is different than on the install videos for delta code. what folder do you put on the thumb drive? the delta has the manual in it and a few other files.

#71 6 years ago

Installed 6.50 and the witch is dead! Hadn't been able to kill her for a while because of hits not registering. Thanks for continuing to support the code.

IMG_4760 (resized).JPGIMG_4760 (resized).JPG

#72 6 years ago

Does anyone know if the 'no place like home' lights are still sepia toned in the new code? In the beta they were more white. Thanks.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

the contents of the delta file is different than on the install videos for delta code. what folder do you put on the thumb drive? the delta has the manual in it and a few other files.

after unzipping the file, drag the entire "woz_update" folder to the root of the thumb drive. insert the thumb drive in to the usb extension cable located by the coin box. enter the test menu, down to "utilities" and then to "update software".

that should do it.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Does anyone know if the 'no place like home' lights are still sepia toned in the new code? In the beta they were more white. Thanks.

Don't remember, but they seemed more white last night...

Installed 6.5 WOZ and 2.0 Hobbit and got on my high score lists for both games!

Does anyone know what "Courtesy Kicks" are? It's listed in the changelog.

#75 6 years ago

I went from 6.06 to 6.50 because the witch issues concerned me in 6.11, but in 6.50 the witch is registering better than ever! Looks like they got her....Dialed In

#76 6 years ago

I always had to unzip the file on the thumb drive or it wouldn't update for my Hobbit. Is this the same for WOZ. I have a RR now and it would be helpful to know this.

#77 6 years ago

Really enjoying this update. WOZ is such a polished well thought out fun game. Well done Keith and everyone at JJP!

#78 6 years ago

I did the update and have to give a MAJOR thanks to Keith. It is excellent! Thanks for the hard work and dedication to the code.

#79 6 years ago

Yeah....going to have to get a WOZ someday for sure.

#80 6 years ago

I gotta say, the new JJP website design is a LOT easier to navigate and find updates than the last time I was there. From download to delta update, it took me less than 10 minutes total!

Well done JJP and team!

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen the nuts circled in RED allowing you to move the switches closer to the plate. Reach around the lifted playfield and tap the strike plate while moving the swiches closer. When you have the sensitivity you want, just tighten the nuts back down.

It seems that my switches were already factory-set as close to the strike plate as they could be. Moving them in the OTHER direction makes the problem worse. Most of the time, the matrix still shows Left & Right as green, but sometimes a good hit will turn them dark blue again...until, of course, the next time I hit it. Those switches are craaazy sensitive.....sometimes, just lifting/lowering the playfield will cause them to be triggered.

Any other suggestions? :/

#82 6 years ago

So I download unebooten, and new 650 code, combine them and all this stuff is now on USB stick.....is this correct?

20170623_085618 (resized).jpg20170623_085618 (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

So I download unebooten, and new 650 code, combine them and all this stuff is now on USB stick.....is this correct?

No. Just unzip the file you downloaded onto a usb stick and update from the menu if you are already about 6.0 firmware

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

No. Just unzip the file you downloaded onto a usb stick and update from the menu if you are already about 6.0 firmware

I'm doing everything I did to get 606 but everytime I try to combine unebooten and new code all these other files appear on usb. I clear usb stick of all data, download new code, download unebooten. They are the only 2 files on stick but when I combine them all the other files appear on the stick. As far as I can tell I'm following directions exactly.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm doing everything I did to get 606 but everytime I try to combine unebooten and new code all these other files appear on usb. I clear usb stick of all data, download new code, download unebooten. They are the only 2 files on stick but when I combine them all the other files appear on the stick. As far as I can tell I'm following directions exactly.

This is a delta update, not a full install. Follow the delta update instructions:

http://docs.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/Delta-Update-Install.pdf

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is a delta update, not a full install. Follow the delta update instructions:
http://docs.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/Delta-Update-Install.pdf

Success!!.....thank you all.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

It seems that my switches were already factory-set as close to the strike plate as they could be. Moving them in the OTHER direction makes the problem worse. Most of the time, the matrix still shows Left & Right as green, but sometimes a good hit will turn them dark blue again...until, of course, the next time I hit it. Those switches are craaazy sensitive.....sometimes, just lifting/lowering the playfield will cause them to be triggered.

Any other suggestions? :/

you can do a slight bend in the switch arm so it make better contact and responsive enough.

#88 6 years ago

Updated mine (from 6.0.6) and played a few games and it really seems to have fixed several issues plus I like some of the new features. The clipping audio appears to be eliminated completely, the castle doors now seem to detect when they have been pushed open better (and close more reliably) and really like the balls remaining display. I haven't played any multi-player games yet or tried adding players during the game but that will be next. The jury is still out on having the magnet by the flipper catch the ball on orbit shots when Capture Dorothy isn't lit but the Witch is, surprised the hell out of me the first time it happened! It really is awesome to keep getting support like this, thanks Keith and crew for all the work!

#89 6 years ago

I think it is great that jersey Jack continues to polish woz.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I gotta say, the new JJP website design is a LOT easier to navigate and find updates than the last time I was there. From download to delta update, it took me less than 10 minutes total!
Well done JJP and team!

Their site had a bunch of graphics clipping and stepping over each other in my browser (Safari). Everything on my end was updated to the latest.

Fortunately, I was able to get what I needed, but the site was kind of messed up.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).png

#91 6 years ago

Not sure how much the code had to do with it, but I got a new GC score after the update! Also, new YBR and Munchkin Loops champ.

IMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpeg

#92 6 years ago

Does the new code have a load countdown now like mine does? Its on the screen wear your code version is annotated at the top left of screen.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Their site had a bunch of graphics clipping and stepping over each other in my browser (Safari). Everything on my end was updated to the latest.
Fortunately, I was able to get what I needed, but the site was kind of messed up.

No problems like that with Chrome on Win 10 for me.

#94 6 years ago

One of my buddies on the other coast his witch doesnt work at all now and hes having intermittent light board issues after update, anyone else experiencing problems? Im at 6.11 and afraid to delta up. My witch works pretty good after adjusting switch arms.

#95 6 years ago

anyone running the update with an original production standard?

#96 6 years ago

I love the update with two insignificant exceptions. The display sequence after completing TNPLH is different. I prefer the older version. In certain situations (not all) if you plunge prior to auto plunge auto plunge still fires. It didn't do this prior. Great work otherwise Keith.
I'm running the update fine on my standard built 3/5/14.

#97 6 years ago

Just came home after a long business trip and did the update. I love the floating scores and balls in reserve. I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that they took some of the light show away after making the save Toto shot. The lights used to flash white in a pattern to mimic Toto running. I always thought that was such a cool touch. Maybe they took it away by mistake and will add it back . . . . (I hope!)

#98 6 years ago

Updated last night and didn't have time to play much. I think I have some bugs. I watched my wife play a game today and she got Grand champion with ease. I thought that was a bit strange because she really didn't do much out of the ordinary. So after she was done (and I let her take off somewhere...) I played a game and noticed I get the skill shot almost every time the ball is launched into the shooter lane from the trough. It appears to key off the shooter lane switch. I got the skill shot on 1st,2nd 3rd not 4th but when I lost the ball and it gave me a ball save 4th and 5th balls.

#99 6 years ago

Ok I have another bug. The shaker motor started shaking and wouldn't stop for a longgg time. I don't notice when the shaker motor started. The next couple of games all worked as it was supposed to. I haven't had the game long so I am not sure if there is a mode or situation that would cause the shaker to run a very long time like that but I don't think so and it never happened til I updated.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Updated last night and didn't have time to play much. I think I have some bugs. I watched my wife play a game today and she got Grand champion with ease. I thought that was a bit strange because she really didn't do much out of the ordinary. So after she was done (and I let her take off somewhere...) I played a game and noticed I get the skill shot almost every time the ball is launched into the shooter lane from the trough. It appears to key off the shooter lane switch. I got the skill shot on 1st,2nd 3rd not 4th but when I lost the ball and it gave me a ball save 4th and 5th balls.

which skill shot is it awarding you? there are 4 of them available

top lane(s)
which
haunted forest target
BALL target

i am going to take a guess and say it is the witch target and that you might need to adjust the witch sensor a little. i copied Ltgs instructions from a previous post, but they might apply here too.

Quoted from LTG:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-code-update-65/page/2?hl=goren1818 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.