Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Breadfan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Anyone have thoughts on what are the must have Cliffy protectors for WOZ. Are the roll over button and magnet Cliffy's worth getting? Do they change the game play significantly? Are they that much better than mylar around the magnets and roll overs?

Thanks pinside.

Search function malfunction junction

#2 10 years ago

I bought the whole set, but have only installed the Munchkin playfield and Throne room protectors so far, not sure if I will do the Winkie VUK or Crystal Ball VUK ones, and not going to install the rollover/magnet ones unless I see a reason to.

To be honest, I wish I had just bought the Munchkin protector, it's the most necessary, and it improves the look of the game.

#3 10 years ago

I only bought the munchkin protector. It is an absolute must.

#4 10 years ago

I'm in the same boat as dgpinball. Still have to install the winkie and CB protector, but don't feel compelled to do so. The munchkin protector IS a must, but some people have had clearcoat cracking problems with the throne room VUK, so better safe than sorry. That hole takes a beatin'! (That's what SHE said!!!)

Magnet and rollover protectors are a waste and effect gameplay.

#5 10 years ago

I bought and installed the munchkin playfield protector and the vuk protectors (all 3) and shooter lane protector.

Took me a couple of hours but they work great. Cliffy is awesome!

-Brannon

#6 10 years ago

I'm not installing them at all, I like to keep my games original.
That being said no one is allowed to play my WOZ, it's in the living room that no one is allowed to sit in.

Tom

#7 10 years ago

I had the complete set and i did the munchkin and shooter lane protectors last night. i also put some mylar in the lane,just around the ball area. I do not plan to do the magnet or roll overs.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Anyone have thoughts on what are the must have Cliffy protectors for WOZ. Are the roll over button and magnet Cliffy's worth getting? Do they change the game play significantly? Are they that much better than mylar around the magnets and roll overs?
Thanks pinside.

I greatly regret putting on the rollover protectors. They almost made it impossible for me to light all the letters and get my multiball. Before the option to adjust letter count per hit anyway. So I went to take them off and apparently there is a trick to that because it pulled paint and clear off with it! So mine are permanent now I guess

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I'm not installing them at all, I like to keep my games original.
That being said no one is allowed to play my WOZ, it's in the living room that no one is allowed to sit in.

Tom

Hysterical. I keep my WOZ in the house I don't want anybody else in as well!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

I greatly regret putting on the rollover protectors. They almost made it impossible for me to light all the letters and get my multiball. Before the option to adjust letter count per hit anyway. So I went to take them off and apparently there is a trick to that because it pulled paint and clear off with it! So mine are permanent now I guess

Really?!?!?

Geez, I certianly wont be installing these then.

#11 10 years ago

How was installing the Munchkin playfield protector?

#12 10 years ago

I have them all except for the magnets and rollovers. Fairly easy to install them all and I don't see any downside with them. I had read various comments about the magnets/rollovers so decided to give those a miss. If you are worried about those areas it sounds like vinyl is the way to go.

#13 10 years ago

I don't have any of them and might consider the munchkin protector for looks. I just don't have the wear, despite a ton of play, that some might have experienced. I also like to play my games, lighting aside, as original as possible.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I only bought the munchkin protector. It is an absolute must.

Same here. I get some airballs around the ramp entrance. (Still not sure exactly why--Glinda target is not leaning back, even put a split rubber post protector over the metal edge at the right ramp entrance.)

Don't like the rollover/magnet protectors--they cover up the artwork and look lame IMO. Don't think the VUK protectors protect much because the VUK holes are deep and the protectors only cover the bottom--kind of a waste IMO. But some pinsiders need to put every cliffy everywhere, I guess....

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Really?!?!?
Geez, I certianly wont be installing these then.

Yes and it about made me sick! But at least it's all covered blockquote cite="#1584397">How was installing the Munchkin playfield protector?

Not bad at all, took me about 30 seconds. But I was lazy and didn't want to remove the munchkin playfield so I cheated a bit. I just used the one top screw on it then just Krazy glued the protector in place. worked great!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

+1

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Thanks pinside.

When you buy the complete set and get it shipped priority mail, Cliffy will send you a Cliffy logo t-shirt free, all for a grand total of $124.00. I'd just do it.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

Cliffy's protectors are the best on the market. They don't change your gameplay, they protect your pin. If Cliffy made them, there was a good reason.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

When you buy the complete set and get it shipped priority mail, Cliffy will send you a Cliffy logo t-shirt free, all for a grand total of $124.00. I'd just do it.
Cliffy's protectors are the best on the market. They don't change your gameplay, they protect your pin. If Cliffy made them, there was a good reason.

Thanks for that stellar advice, Cliffy.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

I have owned many Cliffy protectors for many machines, the reason for the post is because most protectors are good and some have been more trouble than they were worth/some do change game play, and that is to be expected, its not a perfect world.

It is what it is, but after a bunch of people play testing them we get the good and the bad reports.

Thanks everyone for your opinions.

#20 10 years ago

I ordered the munchkin playfield and vuk / scoop set. Cliff mailed them today! Can't wait to install them. My throne room vuk is taking a beating.

#21 10 years ago

I have the very first set Cliffy sent me to test for him. All have held up well,with no issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-cliffys-which-ones-to-buy-experinced-opinions-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.