E140FC7F-C457-4514-A585-1EFBE031ADFB (resized).png
IMG_0204 (resized).JPG
IMG_0203 (resized).JPG
E39C9E69-2B6A-4DAE-9882-149572DBFE11 (resized).jpeg
22D0AD7D-FD18-4822-A565-8B3F7EEDDABD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0205 (resized).JPG
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from spinny-vinny:

There was some talk of me redoing the munchkin house all together. What are your thoughts?

Make a small poppy field to cover the ugly very prominent switch on the ramp.

E140FC7F-C457-4514-A585-1EFBE031ADFB (resized).pngE140FC7F-C457-4514-A585-1EFBE031ADFB (resized).png

#52 6 years ago

Show me a pic of the game that you want changed, and the movie. Not just the movie. Then I can merge the two together.

#53 6 years ago

I think I know were you are talking about

#54 6 years ago

I am not taking any more orders for the $400 price at this time. I made a run from start to finish, and have to reassess my costs. Any previous orders are still honoured and should be sent out sometime next week.

#55 6 years ago

I'm in for the well and walls set once you do another run. However, if I could make 2 more serious suggestions for alterations, and 1 more vague possibility:

1) Use some high resolution 3D printed flames for the torches. Would be more obvious that it was a flame, would act as a diffuser, and you could hide a bigger, better 'flame' LED behind them.

2) Change the skull by the cauldron for an hourglass.

Also, no idea if such an LED array exists, but if one that could make a swirling (vortex) like pattern could be mounted under the cauldron, and then light when the witch is active, that would be awesome.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Make a small poppy field to cover the ugly very prominent switch on the ramp.

IMO a switch cover for the ramp should be integrated into a larger plastic. One that acts as an airball deflector for the ramp. No-one's made one yet, and there can be a bunch.

Per the suggestion, poppy field might be a good printed motif.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Also, no idea if such an LED array exists, but if one that could make a swirling (vortex) like pattern could be mounted under the cauldron, and then light when the witch is active, that would be awesome.

Found something that might work. 'Chase' pattern EL wire in a spiral.

#58 6 years ago

PM you waiting for a response.

1 month later
#59 6 years ago

Hey everyone, things are back on track.

The $400 Can. will work. I have streamlined the process a little to make things run a little smoother. It is still a long process but it works a lot better.

I am in the process of revamping the cauldron, it should be done by the end of the week. I have taken out the skull and added the hourglass. There are no pics yet but will be soon to come.

#60 6 years ago

Got mine installed tonight love it nice job!

IMG_1101 (resized).JPGIMG_1101 (resized).JPG

#61 6 years ago

Right on, looks awesome.

#62 6 years ago

I Have some new pics of the new cauldron.

IMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPG

IMG_0212 (resized).JPGIMG_0212 (resized).JPG

IMG_0213 (resized).JPGIMG_0213 (resized).JPG

#63 6 years ago

Looks awesome as always Vince

#64 6 years ago

I like the new hourglass but am happy with the skull version I have so all good ,I like that it is lighted

#65 6 years ago

Right on, looks awesome.

So would you install this as opposed to the sold out red smoke witch mod?

#66 6 years ago

Very nice work.

#67 6 years ago

Got my castle mod with cauldron from vinny! The quality of the material the paint the detail is amazing. I will buy anything that he makes, worh every cent.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Vegasbills:

Got my castle mod with cauldron from vinny! The quality of the material the paint the detail is amazing. I will buy anything that he makes, worh every cent.

So is the cauldron better then red smoke witch mod?

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Yes

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I will have some pics by Tuesday with the cauldron installed with the red smoke witch, it looks great together.

#71 6 years ago

I will have some pics by Tuesday with the cauldron installed with the red smoke witch, it looks great together.

great looking forward to pics.....

#72 6 years ago

Finally got some pics of the cauldron with the red smoke witch. Sorry for the delay.

IMG_0214 (resized).JPGIMG_0214 (resized).JPG

#73 6 years ago

That looks great!!!

#74 6 years ago

Finally got some pics of the cauldron with the red smoke witch. Sorry for the delay.

This is a pic of my game that we installed Vince's mod on. The pictures do not do it justice. Vince bored out the interior of the cauldron and installed two LEDs, which really light up the cauldron. The new addition of the lit hour glass is a really cool feature and is a natural prop I thought was missing in the game. The detail and quality of work is really amazing.

This mod goes extremely well with the red smoke witch that Gouveia created as pictured, and would go well with the witch Sillyoldelf created as well. When the cauldron and hour glass are lit, the light really illuminates the features of the witch beautifully.

One of the best mods out there imo.

#75 6 years ago

Confused. So do you not use the red part of the witch mod? Can I just buy a witch ? The red witch mod is 200 if you can find them

Looks great though!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Confused. So do you not use the red part of the witch mod? Can I just buy a witch ? The red witch mod is 200 if you can find them
Looks great though!

Yes, it is a little bit of a mismatch of mods. There are other witches out there that look better then the original version. I'm not sure if you can get just the witch from the red smoke or not.

#77 6 years ago

Yes, it is a little bit of a mismatch of mods. There are other witches out there that look better then the original version. I'm not sure if you can get just the witch from the red smoke or not.

Does the witch mount the same way? Not sure how it can go up and down. Cauldron blocking opening? Def looks great and I'll try and find a witch and get your mod

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Does the witch mount the same way? Not sure how it can go up and down. Cauldron blocking opening? Def looks great and I'll try and find a witch and get your mod

Yes, the witch mounts the same way for this mod as it does for the red smoke mod. Vince just had to modify the back of the cauldron a bit to ensure there was adequate space for the witch to raise and lower properly.

It works perfectly, and the end result is terrific.

#79 6 years ago

One other note, Vince actually painted the sand area red in the hour glass (since the time he posted the earlier pics), so that when the mod is not lit, it still looks like it should based on the likeness from the film.

A nice touch imo

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from scottr:

One other note, Vince actually painted the sand area red in the hour glass (since the time he posted the earlier pics), so that when the mod is not lit, it still looks like it should based on the likeness from the film.
A nice touch imo

So you just dont install the red section of red smoke witch mod? thx

Would love to just find a better witch instead of tracking down the one from the mod

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So you just dont install the red section of red smoke witch mod? thx
Would love to just find a better witch instead of tracking down the one from the mod

Correct, you would simply use the witch without the molded red smoke piece.

Some potential options for finding just the witch:

1. Check if someone that had the red smoke witch is looking to sell theirs (may have sold the game, etc).

2. Sillyoldelf is selling a nice version of the witch that I think will look good as well. The OP (Bantam) actually has this version and will be installing it on his game, if not already.

3. Maybe Vince could be convinced to make another cool version of the witch . I know he has the talent to do it if there was enough demand, but I'll leave that option up to him.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from scottr:

Correct, you would simply use the witch without the molded red smoke piece.
Some potential options for finding just the witch:
1. Check if someone that had the red smoke witch is looking to sell theirs (may have sold the game, etc).
2. Sillyoldelf is selling a nice version of the witch that I think will look good as well. The OP (Bantam) actually has this version and will be installing it on his game, if not already.
3. Maybe Vince could be convinced to make another cool version of the witch . I know he has the talent to do it if there was enough demand, but I'll leave that option up to him.

Thx!

1 week later
#83 6 years ago

Everyone should have their castles from the last run. That would be great to hear from you or post some pics.

#84 6 years ago

I installed mine today. The instructions are a little sparse, particularly with respect to where to connect the electric. However, it was very easy to figure out once I thought about it. I love the improvement and think it goes very nicely with the red smoke witch mod.

IMG_0709 (resized).JPGIMG_0709 (resized).JPG

#85 6 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the input. I will definitely work on the instructions.

3 weeks later
#86 6 years ago

I have a couple pics with the Sillyoldelf witch in the cauldron area. Looks great.

IMG_0218 (resized).JPGIMG_0218 (resized).JPG

IMG_0219 (resized).JPGIMG_0219 (resized).JPG

#87 6 years ago

Ordered my Awesome Vinny wall set excited to get it and install!!!! Will update all on install.

#88 6 years ago

so whats price on cauldron?

#89 6 years ago

I have a couple pics with the Sillyoldelf witch in the cauldron area. Looks great.

Nice work Vince! Looks great with that version of witch as well.

#90 6 years ago

Thanks guys, always good to hear stuff back.

#91 6 years ago

I will be doing a step by step write up of this Awesome work of art when I return from vacation. If the picture detail looks half as good as the product this will so complete this amazing game. Thanks Vinny!

1 week later
#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I will be doing a step by step write up of this Awesome work of art when I return from vacation. If the picture detail looks half as good as the product this will so complete this amazing game. Thanks Vinny!

Hey guys, just found out that the castle does NOT fit on the RR 75th addition. The upper play field has changed a little and the Spinny Vinny castle just does not fit. Sorry for any inconvenience.

1 week later
#93 6 years ago

Just installed cauldron. The detail is incredible. Very cool how it lights up when mode is active. Highly recommend!

The only thought to make the witch area better is if you could see her face from the player perspective.

7 months later
#94 5 years ago

How are these holding up? I would love to get my hands on a set!! It's the best wall mod out of all of them by far with the level of detail.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

How are these holding up? I would love to get my hands on a set!! It's the best wall mod out of all of them by far with the level of detail.

They're holding up 100%, and look like new after a year or so of play. I'm confident they will last for the life of the game based on the build quality. Everything Vince (aka: Spinny Vinny) makes is very high quality and top notch. I agree it looks the best as well (imo), and I've had some of the others prior (they're all an improvement, however the construction and detail on this one is the best I've seen). Highly recommended!

I understand from Vince that these walls will not fit properly with the RR edition due to some subtle changes with the upper playfield, as per his post above. If not a RR edition, it's a terrific option!

#96 5 years ago

I am interested in the thatched Munchkin roof and to find out if a new munchkin house was ever made.

These walls and the cauldron mod are outstanding. I can't believe that I just found out about them today.

#97 5 years ago

The Cauldron mod is awesome...how much is it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-castle-walls-and-cauldron-by-spinny-vinny/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.