(Topic ID: 217042)

WOZ castle doors

By Vipond

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I know this topic has tons of threads already, but I cannot seem to find the solution for this. I pulled off the pf, adjusted the doors, and added loctite to the hex heads. When I went to play it again I ran into the same issue. Once you bash the doors, they pull tight but won't open. Once they slack up, I bash them again and they sometimes open up, what could possibly be causing this? Adjusting the doors seemed to help, but the issue was intermittent to begin with. Any help would be appreciated

#2 5 years ago

The latch below the castle playfield that locks them, is it bent or something ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

I don't think so, by hand I can depress the latch and the clearance seems fine. The doors do not open during the coil test either, but will open sometimes.

#4 5 years ago

Next question, is there an adjustment on the monkey? He is rubbing on the door just a tiny bit

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Vipond:

Next question, is there an adjustment on the monkey? He is rubbing on the door just a tiny bit

I'd try loosening the screws holding the castle playfield down and slide it forward and retighten them. See if that gives enough clearance.

LTG : )

#6 5 years ago

Thanks, I will give it a try.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Vipond:

I know this topic has tons of threads already, but I cannot seem to find the solution for this. I pulled off the pf, adjusted the doors, and added loctite to the hex heads. When I went to play it again I ran into the same issue. Once you bash the doors, they pull tight but won't open. Once they slack up, I bash them again and they sometimes open up, what could possibly be causing this? Adjusting the doors seemed to help, but the issue was intermittent to begin with. Any help would be appreciated

There's not much to go wrong with the castle doors other than adjustment or loose screws.
Latch coil 51 should click properly in coil test.

Replace the motors for the doors, its a pain but they are inexpensive.

They burn out and get too weak to open past the spring tension.
I have replaced both of mine twice in 4 years but my game gets continuous play.

They should work flawlessly in test, both opening and bash test.

In game with glass off they should work flawlessly over and over again by tapping with a finger or a ball.

Due to the design, the motors will burn out but they last quite awhile before doing so.

There is no shut off detent for the motors when the doors open, they just stall against the stops. This makes them get hot and burn out.

The new motors I just received seemed more robust.

#8 5 years ago

They definitely do not work flawlessly, they do not work during the coil test. Doing a bash test they work 80% since the hex adjustment, but when they do not work I can push them open with the ball. Before the adjustment they never opened the first try, they would always hang like they weren't clearing the flange. Might take pinballinrenos' advice and put new motors in. Think I should replace the coil as well?

Crazy how much easier it is to get to melt the witch mode now. I had so much issue getting the rescue MB before I adjusted it. Even at 80% or so it seems so much easier.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Vipond:

They definitely do not work flawlessly, they do not work during the coil test. Doing a bash test they work 80% since the hex adjustment, but when they do not work I can push them open with the ball. Before the adjustment they never opened the first try, they would always hang like they weren't clearing the flange. Might take pinballinrenos' advice and put new motors in. Think I should replace the coil as well?
Crazy how much easier it is to get to melt the witch mode now. I had so much issue getting the rescue MB before I adjusted it. Even at 80% or so it seems so much easier.

The coil really doesn't wear at all.

But the motors lose strength over time and fail to have any power at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-castle-doors-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.