7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OilGuy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OilGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I bought a RR a couple months ago and the left castle door will not open. In diagnostic mode, the switch registers and the right door opens fine, but the left door remains close and a grinding noise can be heard. I have not taken the castle playfield off to inspect, I wanted to get some ideas from this forum first. Thanks.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I'll go ahead and take off the Castle playfield and check it out.

1 week later
#5 7 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

Common cause is the set screws that bind the motor to the door "post" that turns it become loose. Unfortunately you have to remove the Castle playfield to get to them. Not a big deal but more than just removing a few screws from a mechanism to fix it.

Problem Solved - I had time today to pull off the castle playfield and nothing really looked like there was a problem. I loosened and re-tightened the set screws and put everything back. Surprisingly that is all I need to do to fix the door. Everything works well now.

1 month later
#7 7 years ago

A couple weeks ago I started to have a second problem with the Castle Doors. In this new case the left door quit closing and stayed 1/4 open all the time. In test mode and during gameplay the door would open fully but never close more than the 1/4 open. I removed the Castle Playfield again today and found the hex screws that attach the motor to the main bracket had come loose and were not letting the door mechanisms clear the opening lever. I tightened the hex screws with locktite and then locktited the other hex screws that attached the doors to the shaft (my first problem) and put everything back together.

After putting the playfield back on, the doors opened and closed perfectly. Unfortunately I caused a new problem with the door not resetting after registering a hit. I pulled the upper playfield off again and found that the closing spring which I had to pull off to tighten the motor hex screws was too loose and did not pull the door shut every time. I pulled and bent as much slack out of the spring at the connecting loops which was enough to shut the door every time.

Hope this helps others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 24.50
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OilGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-castle-door-does-not-open?tu=OilGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.