Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0516191806 (resized).jpg
0516191821g (resized).jpg
0515191944 (resized).jpg
0510191226a (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I have a WOZ SE, I am not sure if it is the printed cabinet or the decaled cabinet (how can I tell?) but it had a small bit of damage to one corner. I filled it and touched it up with acrylics but it does not have a glossy sheen like the rest of the cabinet. What could I use to get a touched up clear coat in this area? I am going to be popping a can of 2X gloss clear for a playfield soon, should I just try and mask off that area and blend in the clear? Or is there something I could brush on in light coats without brush strokes, etc? Or, could I even paint on the 2X?

The area is about a quarter size that I repaired, now a bit larger because I blended the colors out a bit.

#2 4 years ago

If you do have a SE WOZ with a direct print cabinet that is clear coated I think you have what could be the rarest version of this game . It would have been made when they were doing the first couple runs of the emerald city LEs because I believe they abandoned the direct print before finishing the ECs ? Maybe I am wrong but I don’t think there is too many SE WOZs out there with direct print cabinets .

#3 4 years ago

Take a closeup pic of the corner of your cabinet.

#4 4 years ago

All ECLEs have direct print cabinets
In addition there are a few hundred standard WOZ out there with direct print cabinets

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If you do have a SE WOZ with a direct print cabinet that is clear coated I think you have what could be the rarest version of this game . It would have been made when they were doing the first couple runs of the emerald city LEs because I believe they abandoned the direct print before finishing the ECs ? Maybe I am wrong but I don’t think there is too many SE WOZs out there with direct print cabinets .

All of the WOZECLE games feature the magnificent direct print cabinet style. Many (but not all) standard WOZ games also have it. JJP's direct print vendor had a falling out with JJP toward the end of the ECLE preorder run, which led to the Radcal development for the Ruby Red edition and for some standard edition games.

Thus, standard edition games with the direct print cabinet may be the most scarce species of the lot.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

All ECLEs have direct print cabinets
In addition there are a few hundred standard WOZ out there with direct print cabinets

Ah , all the ECLEs have the direct print . Good to know . So they abandoned the direct print for the original run of the standards . With only a few hundred these this should still be the rarest version of the game out there though ? I’ve never seen a standard with direct print.

#7 4 years ago

My game is early numbers, something like #146 or something, so maybe that tells you something. Here is a pic with the touchup about 1/2 way done. I introduced a bunch more purple and white tone to it just now. Almost blended in completely.. and a before shot.

0510191226a (resized).jpg0510191226a (resized).jpg0515191944 (resized).jpg0515191944 (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

If you plan on clearing it you should shoot the whole front . Remove coin door , start button legs and shooter housing . Scuff the whole front with a scotchbrite pad . When you mask the sides leave the tape about a quarter inch from the corner and then put a vinyl tape over that right to the corner . Pull this vinyl tape off after you shoot your second coat of clear .Doing this gives you a softer line and prevents clear from hardening on tape ( which can cause issues . )

#10 4 years ago

So, I just got a RR and it definitely has the "radcals" as one is sort of peeling away. I am not sure what to glue it back on with, suggestions?

But also, my SE WOZ above definitely does not have decals on the cabinet like the RR does. Not sure if that means painted/printed but there is surely no thick plastic covering like the RR has.

#11 4 years ago

The thick plastic is the Radcals . Not sure what type of glue would be best to re attach a part of those though . I would contact Jjp to see what they recommend .

#12 4 years ago

Heh, I have a lot of emails into jjp was hoping not to bother them. I was thinking of some 2 part epoxy.

#13 4 years ago

Nice work on the touch up

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from fusion:

Nice work on the touch up

Ha, thanks! My first real one, usually use paint pens. Here is a more recent update. Still have a bit more to do on the color matching, have to finish the black line on the corner and then clear. Hopefully it will be fairly inconspicuous.

0516191806 (resized).jpg0516191806 (resized).jpg0516191821g (resized).jpg0516191821g (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-cabinet-clear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.