IMG_1034 (resized).JPG
mhcfhb (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
741ACAB4-5224-4606-980E-12751AECABCE (resized).jpeg
A6D188FF-3B98-4108-B95F-65C81338EA1A (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

All,

I'm wondering if the blades make a major difference with the game. I've had blades for past games and they have but WOZ is a dark game. Now, I will be adding Pinstadium so having blades might be worthwhile.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Tim

#2 5 years ago

Mirror blades always brighten up a game. But that game needs the extra help. Pinstadiums is a must in my opinion. Looks good with art or mirror. I have one of each but both have pinstadiums on them. Personal preference but both look good. Just not a fan of black unfinished sides on such a pretty game. Stay classy sidekick74.

#3 5 years ago

I have pinstadiums on my WOZ. I wouldn't even bother with mirror blades

#4 5 years ago

Blades make the sexiest game even sexier

741ACAB4-5224-4606-980E-12751AECABCE (resized).jpeg741ACAB4-5224-4606-980E-12751AECABCE (resized).jpegA6D188FF-3B98-4108-B95F-65C81338EA1A (resized).jpegA6D188FF-3B98-4108-B95F-65C81338EA1A (resized).jpeg
#5 5 years ago

Anyone know if the blades for DI will fit WOZ? I have set that won't fit on the DI so ideally would like use on my WOZ

#6 5 years ago

My take/opinion: yes blades work fine. Don’t install pinstadium, it ruins the vibe of the game. I put a set on my WOZ, took them off within a week.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My take/opinion: yes blades work fine. Don’t install pinstadium, it ruins the vibe of the game. I put a set on my WOZ, took them off within a week.

I added several spot lights from Comet to my WOZ....helps quite a bit....

#8 5 years ago

Like everything else proper setup is key for pinstadiums. Setting the lights to warm and the uv glow needs to be attached to the witch. Plenty of videos out there to see if it is a good match for you. My opinion is absolutely YES!!!

#9 5 years ago

If I may be so bold, Pingraffix makes gorgeous pin blades for WOZ. I love mine, looks amazing.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

If I may be so bold, Pingraffix makes gorgeous pin blades for WOZ. I love mine, looks amazing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look nice....

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Like everything else proper setup is key for pinstadiums. Setting the lights to warm and the uv glow needs to be attached to the witch. Plenty of videos out there to see if it is a good match for you. My opinion is absolutely YES!!!

You hook that UV up to the witch and you completely lose the localized flasher effect that occurs when she rises from the playfield... newbs don’t even notice the witch has come up because the entire playfield blows up. Then, every time you strike her, the flashing intensity is reintroduced. Terrible for tracking balls.

Great that you like it... don’t get me wrong... but The original lighting on the game is intense enough as is,

My opinion, of course.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You hook that UV up to the witch and you completely lose the localized flasher effect that occurs when she rises from the playfield... newbs don’t even notice the witch has come up because the entire playfield blows up. Then, every time you strike her, the flashing intensity is reintroduced. Terrible for tracking balls.
Great that you like it... don’t get me wrong... but The original lighting on the game is intense enough as is,
My opinion, of course.

i agree....that being said it is a dark game. I added 6 spot lights that really help light up the game at night...big improvement

#13 5 years ago

I love mirror blades,too. Game is too dark,thpough. I put Pingraffix "yellow brick road" on mine. Go to their site, check it out. Spot lights are a good idea,too.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I added several spot lights from Comet to my WOZ....helps quite a bit....

How did you connect the spotlights? Are alligator possible?

#15 5 years ago

You can always just use this thing.

mhcfhb (resized).jpgmhcfhb (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

How did you connect the spotlights? Are alligator possible?

I used these https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/spotlightkit.htm ... they work great...I added 8 to my game...

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone know if the blades for DI will fit WOZ? I have set that won't fit on the DI so ideally would like use on my WOZ

Yes, JJP games are the same dimensions as WPC games as well and the same blades will fit

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, JJP games are the same dimensions as WPC games as well and the same blades will fit

Cool thanks...I'll install tomorrow

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Those look nice....

Looks better in person.

#20 5 years ago

Fuck blades man, seriously they eventually look like shit and good luck removing them.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Fuck blades man, seriously they eventually look like shit and good luck removing them.

Good luck removing 4 little screws?

#22 5 years ago

I don't care. they are ugly. maybe it was the glued in ones I removed that really pissed me off, IDK. but I hate em

#23 5 years ago

Some people like there game stock. Not me! To each their own. It's a fact that manufacturers have a limited budget when making games. Sometimes the end consumer needs to dip into his pocket after the sale to make it just right. Lots of titles have had some issues illuminating the playfield in all areas. That is just one of the many improvements that need to be addressed in future releases. For the most part JJP games seem to be better then other manufacturers when considering keeping a game stock.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

really? removing 4 screws pisses you off? takes like 2 minutes....if it was glued it would piss me off....I think they look great on some machines

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

really? removing 4 screws pisses you off? takes like 2 minutes....if it was glued it would piss me off....I think they look great on some machines

they were glued. fucked up my cabinet. I HATE THEM ALL

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That would piss me off as well...did you remove the ones on your AFMRLE?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That would piss me off as well...did you remove the ones on your AFMRLE?

No, they are there and make me cringe every time I lift the playfield.....I wish they'd make those optional
I mean yeah.....they are pretty.....but damn I don't want scratch them lifting the playfield.....and I know it's going to happen. GRRRRRRRRRRR

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

No, they are there and make me cringe every time I lift the playfield.....I wish they'd make those optional
I mean yeah.....they are pretty.....but damn I don't want scratch them lifting the playfield.....and I know it's going to happen. GRRRRRRRRRRR

You definitely should get these: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4575
They protect the inner cabinet sideart very well when lifting the PF.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I put felt on the side of my play fields....its cheap and helps address that issue...

#30 5 years ago

For Sale if interested 60.00 I pay shipping DOG NOT INCLUDED

IMG_1034 (resized).JPGIMG_1034 (resized).JPGIMG_1037 (resized).JPGIMG_1037 (resized).JPG

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I used these https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/spotlightkit.htm ... they work great...I added 8 to my game...

I will order these soon, I got a TWD premium, that has a dark mode, fix it, too. I like Comet, thanks.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I will order these soon, I got a TWD premium, that has a dark mode, fix it, too. I like Comet, thanks.

Ive tried several manufacturers, and I think comet makes the best stuff....I just replaced all the LED's on my TZ with the comet kit, and it made a big difference.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Starting to get the feeling that you don't like them.... ??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-blades-inquiry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.