Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Babies-Animation-Boom-Box-Baby1.gif

#1 4 years ago

Turned it up to 30 for shits and giggles and man this thing cranks! couldn't imagine going much higher, but it still had room to go. I wouldn't go as far to say its a "waste" on a theme like this but, it's a shame Stern games like AC/DC and Met don't jam like this machine...even with sub-mods etc Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago
Babies-Animation-Boom-Box-Baby1.gif
#3 4 years ago

It's pc sound driven so the output is pretty good. Then a couple car speakers and 8" sub. It's decent for sure. Personally, I think the set up on bop2.0 sounds a lot better. I used a lepai 168 amp, a 10" sub and 2 5.25" clarions. The whole things was under $100.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Turned it up to 30 for shits and giggles and man this thing cranks! couldn't imagine going much higher, but it still had room to go. I wouldn't go as far to say its a "waste" on a theme like this but, it's a shame Stern games like AC/DC and Met don't jam like this machine...even with sub-mods etc Thoughts?

Couldn't agree more. The problem with the Stern audio isn't simply hardware...the audio samples they include suck. I upgraded my AC/DC hardware but is still sounds mediocre at best. Kind of amazing rock band licensee's don't have more balls to require high quality samples and great audio. Oh well.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Thank you!
Wait till you hear hobbit...will be even better

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's pc sound driven so the output is pretty good. Then a couple car speakers and 8" sub. It's decent for sure. Personally, I think the set up on bop2.0 sounds a lot better. I used a lepai 168 amp, a 10" sub and 2 5.25" clarions. The whole things was under $100.

You mod'd the Oz system?

#7 4 years ago

I agree, the audio quality is excellent, my only gripe is, at least on mine, that there's a constant low buzz that seems to follow the intensity of the LEDs.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Beat me to it. I thought WOZ sounded great until I played my BOP 2.0 for the first time. That thing with the option speaker kit is amazing.

#9 4 years ago

The problem with cranking WOZ up is that the "Ting" noise from the Woz lanes = driving a 16 penny nail into your ear.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The problem with cranking WOZ up is that the "Ting" noise from the Woz lanes = driving a 16 penny nail into your ear.

I don;t own it so I didn't chime in, but it seems to me the highs would be way to grating...like the ting forge sounds in LOTR

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

I agree, the audio quality is excellent, my only gripe is, at least on mine, that there's a constant low buzz that seems to follow the intensity of the LEDs.

Message sent.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yeah I leave the volume on WOZ nearly off because it is so annoying. Sure the sound quality is pretty good, but content is more important to me. ACDC and STLE are cranked up. Content over quality any day - I'd rather watch a pre-season NFL game on a bad black and white TV than a World Cup Soccer Final match on an 80 inch 4k monitor...

#13 4 years ago

The BOP 2.0 sound is awesome, no question.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside