Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

after cleaning.jpg
pic.jpg
flame_suit.jpg
shoes.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

WOZ is a subject that a certain core group of haters follow around like flies to honey, trying their best to coyly undermine and derail every single positive thread, FS thread, glowing review, etc.
Why? Not sure, exactly. Maybe a dislike for Jack and his boasts and sales pitches. Maybe because it appears overproduced and is not super-limited enough for certain folks to feel that coveting love or special excitement over ownership ("How can it be limited when 1000 are made?" was a common question/exclamation for months from this group!) There are this group of individuals who do not own WOZ, have stated they aren't interested in owning WOZ, and yet post in nearly every WOZ thread with the exact same negatively themed message in a "Wha? Who me hate? No, no, I'm just an innocent guy relaying opinions and propaganda!" tone.
teekee is the poster-child for this group.

I've played WOZ many times and am from NJ (so obviously I'm an expert ), but seeing a thread that calls WOZ "The Best Ever" is a little crazy. Same as someone starting a STLE thread with the same title. I laugh at those too.

It's a beautiful game with a lot of flaws, not limited to the playfield or software. Crowdsourcing a business is another. A 2 year+ delay is another. Vowing to ship with complete software and then doing it anyway is another. Reading so much on board failures another. LE not being and LE and then ANOTHER (better?) LE coming along (and quicker availability) is another. Non-WOZ owners read a LOT on this on Pinside. You get sucked into the convo.

HOWEVER I completely understand WOZ owners being excited after fronting $7K+ of your hard-earned cash and waiting for years for it to arrive. Of course you're going to be excited. You have a lot invested in it. Enjoy it!

Personally, I think it's a difficult game to understand on location which will hopefully get better with each software update. Home users have more time to spend with it and learn the rules better. TSPP is tough on location. LOTR is tough too (though not as tough as these).

I wish the WOZ guys the best of luck, though. Getting the first of anything (like a new model car) is difficult. There are always going to be issues, aches and pains. All that matters in the end is that you like your game.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've played WOZ many times and am from NJ (so obviously I'm an expert ), but seeing a thread that calls WOZ "The Best Ever" is a little crazy. Same as someone starting a STLE thread with the same title. I laugh at those too.
It's a beautiful game with a lot of flaws, not limited to the playfield or software. Crowdsourcing a business is another. A 2 year+ delay is another. Vowing to ship with complete software and then doing it anyway is another. Reading so much on board failures another. LE not being and LE and then ANOTHER (better?) LE coming along (and quicker availability) is another. Non-WOZ owners read a LOT on this on Pinside. You get sucked into the convo.
HOWEVER I completely understand WOZ owners being excited after fronting $7K+ of your hard-earned cash and waiting for years for it to arrive. Of course you're going to be excited. You have a lot invested in it. Enjoy it!
Personally, I think it's a difficult game to understand on location which will hopefully get better with each software update. Home users have more time to spend with it and learn the rules better. TSPP is tough on location. LOTR is tough too (though not as tough as these).
I wish the WOZ guys the best of luck, though. Getting the first of anything (like a new model car) is difficult. There are always going to be issues, aches and pains. All that matters in the end is that you like your game.

So it's "crazy" that someone really likes their game thinking it is the "best ever" but all that really matters in the end is if someone likes their game?

It's someone's opinion. Not only is this implied whenever someone writes something like "best ever" but it is even written out in the second line by the OP for those that can't wrap their nimble minds around the idea that the ideas expressed are his opinion..sheesh.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So it's "crazy" that someone really likes their game thinking it is the "best ever" but all that really matters in the end is if someone likes their game?
It's someone's opinion. Not only is this implied whenever someone writes something like "best ever" but it is even written out in the second line by the OP for those that can't wrap their nimble minds around the idea that the ideas expressed are his opinion..sheesh.

Hey it's just MY opinion, right?

#154 10 years ago

WoZ is certainly a great pin, I think when Kieth calls the code complete it will end up being an amazing pin. I'm looking forward to hitting those mini wizard modes and wizard mode. Glad you like your WoZ so much Rob nothing better than owing a pin you love to play.

#155 10 years ago

I don't want the code to ever be complete.
Wouldn't it be great if years down the line these guys keep coming up with new ideas to add to the code. Don't you wish for example one of the developers of say Twilight Zone came up with new code (even though the company is gone).
That would be such a treat.

And by the way, those of you JJP employees including Alex and Lloyd, thank you for supporting us with every little question. Silly or not. You guys are great!

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I don't want the code to ever be complete.
Wouldn't it be great if years down the line these guys keep coming up with new ideas to add to the code. Don't you wish for example one of the developers of say Twilight Zone came up with new code (even though the company is gone).
That would be such a treat.

I think this is exactly what is going to happen and it will change pinball forever and continue to drive demand for their pins. And I'd pay for software updates once the pin is officially considered "finished".

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

You should have been banned.

Last time I checked you aren't a mod. Are you ready to stop throwing a tantrum now? Your downvote stalking is incredibly childish and tiring. Try holding your breath and kicking the floor, it will be about as effective, but at least we won't be subjected to it here.

#158 10 years ago

I figured that his was just going to be another post about why WOZ sucks, but I think your post was very rational and well thought out. Some of the extreme posts for or against games on this forum are a little over the top. I like my Chrysler it doesn't mean every Ford sucks, I've owned one or two and might own another. WOZ looks to be a real nice game. (waiting for mine) Best game ever? Too many problems, how dare they ship with incomplete software? What game is perfect? The nice thing about this hobby is that they all don't play the same. They don't all look the same. Some people like fast open games, some people like stop point and shoot. Some themes make a game enjoyable some themes ruin it for you. I love my STTNG, do you think someone who hates Star Trek and has no idea what The Next Generation even was would like it as much? And speaking of software issues did you ever start a mode in STTNG and have the game go completely silent for a few seconds. Don't expect that that is a feature, and I am still waiting for the update to fix it The theme of WOZ would not be my first choice of games but I can live with it and my wife thinks it is cool, just as important

I may get beat up for this and reading this forum has provided a lot of useful information. Thank you. But there is a lot of "negative posts" as well. Much more than I see in Forums on my other hobbies. It is one thing to post your opinion about a situation or pinball etc but to continue to "bad mouth" a manufacturer, a poster etc because you don't agree or because you would not have done the same, seems excessive.

#159 10 years ago

Hey it's just MY opinion, right?

I hope so. Reading what you wrote I'm not sure you understand the concept of having one.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I hope so. Reading what you wrote I'm not sure you understand the concept of having one.

Is there something in your water lately?

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wasn't....and it has nothing to do with you. You gonna get over it or what? I'm sure Mark appreciates having a groupie but it's a bit odd.

Yeah, you dont know what happend here in holland on another forum which almost litterly cost somebodies life, you start to think.... Why that hate?

I dont dislike you. But if you make a mistake like that, you cant get away with that this easy.

If somebody makes a deathwish and not gets a ban, when does anybody gets a ban then?

Temporarely would be minimum.

Besides that. No opiligies, and you just continue to go on calling names to people you dont agree with.

I cant believe that, time to grow up. And take responsabilties for your own actions.

You cant make deathwishes to somebody, period. On a pinball forum..... With Chistmas....

Jeeehhh.... And he is still on....

What a shame.

#162 10 years ago

This is getting really weird.

#163 10 years ago

It started to get weird when he made that death wish and no sanction followed.

I think if Robin was into fishing you would be gone for ever.

Dont bother to reply. I dont care.

#164 10 years ago

I agree the death wish went too far. It is just a game for Christ's sake!

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Is there something in your water lately?

Ditched the water, just liquor.

#166 10 years ago

Yeah, you dont know what happend here in holland on another forum which almost litterly cost somebodies life, you start to think.... Why that hate?
I dont dislike you. But if you make a mistake like that, you cant get away with that this easy.
If somebody makes a deathwish and not gets a ban, when does anybody gets a ban then?
Temporarely would be minimum.
Besides that. No opiligies, and you just continue to go on calling names to people you dont agree with.
I cant believe that, time to grow up. And take responsabilties for your own actions.
You cant make deathwishes to somebody, period. On a pinball forum..... With Chistmas....
Jeeehhh.... And he is still on....
What a shame.

Dude, it was tongue in cheek...hence the Christmas part of it. I didn't threaten anyone, nor would I ever. I'm a pacifist, man. Peace & Love, Peace & Love! Maybe there's a cultural misunderstanding here? I dunno. At the end of the day, it was just the equivalent of "You're annoying, go away".

Here....just for you.

MARKMON!!!! MARKMON!!!! I love you!!! I want you to have my babies! *smooch smooch smoooch* Please make all of my games purple so I can think of you every time we play! I'll powdercoat my head!!!! We'll be best friends forever...wheeee! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#167 10 years ago

The irony is strong with this one.

#168 10 years ago

It started to get weird when he made that death wish and no sanction followed.
I think if Robin was into fishing you would be gone for ever.
Dont bother to reply. I dont care.

Well, ummm, geez, I'm glad Robin isn't into fishing because I'd hate to see someone gone forever.

His "death wish" was a joke along the lines of South Park, Family Guy (for obvious reasons here), and the Cohen brothers type of humor. I'm a bit older and more into Bill Cosby type humor, but I still get that it was a joke. Take it easy and have a happy new year!

#169 10 years ago

Okey dokey.....time to chill a bit fellas!

Hug it out, let it go and move on.....life's too short

And I would say that Rob's "best ever" opinion carries a whole lot more weight than mine or most people's for that matter simply given the amount of time and background in the hobby.

That said, "best ever" really is in the eye of the beholder for most of us. Just a simple opinion, right or wrong, who really gives a shit at the end of the day if you love the one your with!

#170 10 years ago

This is all part of that Festivus ritual thing right?
grievances followed by feats of strength ?
who's going wrestle/fight who?

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And I would say that Rob's "best ever" opinion carries a whole lot more weight than mine or most people's for that matter simply given the amount of time and background in the hobby.

You guys post crap like this and wonder why people respond in a negative manner. Priceless. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. People like you create the drama then complain about it. Hey, everyone has to have a hobby I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-best-pinball-machine-ever/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.