Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by doughslingers
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz_well.jpg
woz_walls.jpg
well.jpg
IMG_20150818_120021.jpg
IMG_20150818_115446.jpg
image.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

My WOZ Standard direct from Jack is being delivered today between 10AM and 1PM. Will post unboxing pics later today!!!!!

#2 4 years ago

Wow, not many woz's in personal collections in MN. enjoy!

#4 4 years ago

Wow so happy for you. Yes, send pics. Congrats !!!!

#5 4 years ago

ENJOY! you will find the game insanely fun and challenging!

I am still seeing and hearing new call outs and events!

#6 4 years ago

Cograts and congrats! It's a great game and hope you completely enjoy yours! Enjoy the unboxing, setting it up and getting your first games on it.

#7 4 years ago

Have reasonable expectations. Some work great out of the box, some don't. Good luck.

#8 4 years ago

Wow,awesome enjoy it.

#9 4 years ago

Now it's time for some mods,I recommend the lighting kit first

#10 4 years ago

congrats on the delivery, webfart

#11 4 years ago

Congrats and enjoy. Fun game.

#12 4 years ago

Ditto.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Now it's time for some mods,I recommend the lighting kit first

image.jpg

#14 4 years ago

I had heard with the new software, the lighting kit really wasn't needed. Will keep it in mind as an option if the game is too dark!

#15 4 years ago

Congratulations ! What a great day !

LTG : )

#16 4 years ago

Does the kit go lights out when the mode starts?

#17 4 years ago

Just curious. How long ago did you order this?

#18 4 years ago

Ordered about exactly 4 weeks ago.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I had heard with the new software, the lighting kit really wasn't needed. Will keep it in mind as an option if the game is too dark!

They improved it a bit, but it still needs something. I added a spotlight over the game at an angle that doesn't reflect and put it on a dimmer switch. That way I can balance it no matter what the ambient light in the room is.

#20 4 years ago

Now have to wait a few hours for my inboxing help.

IMG_20150818_115446.jpg

IMG_20150818_120021.jpg

#21 4 years ago

That's awesome! What a great feeling. Enjoy!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm not sure. I've never seen it used in person.

#23 4 years ago

Congrats!!

#24 4 years ago

Awesome! Enjoy the day!

#25 4 years ago

You will be to tired to play once you move that into place She's heavy

Great game you will love it

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Now have to wait a few hours for my inboxing help.

IMG_20150818_115446.jpg IMG_20150818_120021.jpg

give you time to slap some mortar on that stone wall back there lol...

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

give you time to slap some mortar on that stone wall back there lol...

Ha!

#28 4 years ago

You're going to have a blast with her..Enjoy!!

#29 4 years ago

Congrats man! I've got one myself. Kick ass game. Mine is one of the newer ones. I don't know what people are talking about with the lighting kit. I'm super anal about proper game lighting and I have no issues on my WOZ.

#30 4 years ago

There is no way code could improve the lighting enough for a darker environment,you dont need any if you play in a well lit room,
Master piece imho

#31 4 years ago

lighting is what is causing me to hold off on this game. I want one pretty bad too

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

No, but the game is so dark some lighting is needed at all times. It is pretty much unplayable in a dark room without it. I mainly play at night in the dark so I added the kit first thing. It does wash out a slight amount of the pop from the inserts but the game is a ton more fun to play and I do not need lights on in the room or a sport light overhead. The inserts are so bright and colorful that a little washout is not a bad thing. I would highly recommend the lighting kit to anyone that plays in a somewhat dark room. The game play experience is a lot better.

OP, congrats on your purchase. You will love it!!

#33 4 years ago

congrats, I have had mine for about 2 months, when I first got it I was putting up some decent scores but seems like since I started to understand the ruleset I am getting my butt kicked.

I would recommend protecting the edge of the munchkinland playfield, I got a tiny chip from an air ball on my 3rd game.

I bought a roll of this stuff from autozone, the link is NOT the correct width but shows the product better http://www.autozone.com/decals-and-graphics/door-edge-molding/cowles-products-custom-chrome-styleguard-edge-molding/869846/?_requestid=16938922.

Its easy to install(peel and stick) and actually looks nice on the game and is very inexpensive. Its has some give and has protected the game so far. .

I will load a picture of it installed once I find where my wife hid the camera(again)

I have a full roll of it and will mail a correct size piece to the OP if you PM your address. Any once else that would like a piece I will offer the same to mail it free of charge (first come first serve) I probably have between 10-15 pieces

#35 4 years ago

WOZ is nice. Your Daughter is awesome !

LTG : )

#36 4 years ago

It's a great game. Congrats!

#37 4 years ago

So hopefully by now you've already fun some really fun and exciting things in playing it! I hope that's the case and do agree with the mention of getting Cliffy's protectors especially for the VUK's and munchkin playfield. Even if you do little esle that's worth the investment IMO.

#38 4 years ago

That was an awesome video. Send it to Jack. I'm sure he'd appreciate seeing the happiness and enjoyment that your family was getting from it

#39 4 years ago

Congrats on the new game! Very nice video. Have fun with the WOZ, its an awesome pin.

When I see and play my WOZ I'm still always impressed by just how well JJP represented the world of Oz in the game. There's so many toys and shots to hit and Keith and Ted's excellent deep code brings those shots and toys to life in unique ways. A few people may knock on the games music but I think it's perfect and is very impressive. The game has multiple tracks and each one has a very cool pinball vibe to it thanks to Chris Granners sound work.

Overall I think WOZ is the most impressive pinball machine of this generation.

#40 4 years ago

I am still making the WOZ walls and witches well if you are interested. The walls are a nice upgrade with nice stone details. The witches well gives much better visibility of the witch. The playfield characters look really nice in the game also.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I am still making the WOZ walls and witches well if you are interested. The walls are a nice upgrade with nice stone details. The witches well gives much better visibility of the witch. The playfield characters look really nice in the game also.

woz walls.jpgwoz well.jpgwell.jpg

#42 4 years ago

Best WOZ Video EVER!

Your Little One, will Forever have that, and will likely be challenging you in a couple years for High Score!

Adorable!!! Enjoy in the best of Health with your family and friends!

#43 4 years ago

Your little girl is beautiful.

The game looks pretty good.

#44 4 years ago

Great video - can't wait for my (slightly older) kids to see our new WOZ. It certainly won't be as cute but will be a blast to see them play pinball for the first time. Our WOZ arrived in Atlanta (where we live) three days ago and must be touring the city in the back of a truck. (I half expect to see it posting selfies from tourist spots around town, like the WOZ owner on Kauai. If anyone spots a WOZ box at the Georgia Aquarium please let me know!) Apparently it still has to leave town again to be offloaded to the delivery company that's supposed to bring it to us. Torture!

#45 4 years ago

Awesome ! Congratulations !

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

congrats, I have had mine for about 2 months, when I first got it I was putting up some decent scores but seems like since I started to understand the ruleset I am getting my butt kicked.
I would recommend protecting the edge of the munchkinland playfield, I got a tiny chip from an air ball on my 3rd game.
I bought a roll of this stuff from autozone, the link is NOT the correct width but shows the product better http://www.autozone.com/decals-and-graphics/door-edge-molding/cowles-products-custom-chrome-styleguard-edge-molding/869846/?_requestid=16938922.
Its easy to install(peel and stick) and actually looks nice on the game and is very inexpensive. Its has some give and has protected the game so far. .
I will load a picture of it installed once I find where my wife hid the camera(again)
I have a full roll of it and will mail a correct size piece to the OP if you PM your address. Any once else that would like a piece I will offer the same to mail it free of charge (first come first serve) I probably have between 10-15 pieces

i would love a piece, pm sent.

#47 4 years ago

Congrats on the new arrival!

#48 4 years ago

Congrats on a beautiful game and enthusiastic family

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Great video - can't wait for my (slightly older) kids to see our new WOZ. It certainly won't be as cute but will be a blast to see them play pinball for the first time. Our WOZ arrived in Atlanta (where we live) three days ago and must be touring the city in the back of a truck. (I half expect to see it posting selfies from tourist spots around town, like the WOZ owner on Kauai. If anyone spots a WOZ box at the Georgia Aquarium please let me know!) Apparently it still has to leave town again to be offloaded to the delivery company that's supposed to bring it to us. Torture!

I am delivering a Woz to Tom in North Atlanta Friday, maybe we will pass each other.
The pin is worth the wait! Can't wait to see unboxing pics

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

They look great. How much are the mods and will you send to Australia?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Saint James, NY
$ 28.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside