421449_3316394873877_1388384845_330390.jpg
images.jpg
cool.gif
oz_clickme.gif
Ignored.jpg
anigif_enhanced-buzz-23945-1358364765-.gif
14511569-ilustracion-que-muestra-un-le.jpg
Guy-smiley.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunfox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Great day for a few WOZ owners.
Did anyone else notice how empty the factory still is in that photo?

Such is Sunday morning!

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I don't ever remember anyone saying it would never ship. But you guys all rewrite the history however it feels best for you. All that matters is that it is your day. Just as you all predicted. April 29, 2012. What a day!
.....wait.....

Oh, I've been paying attention, and there were plenty of people either saying or hinting that over the past year or so. Particularly vocal were exejet and ez sleezy. Claiming it's a Ponzi scheme, hinting that Jack would run off and leave the country with the money and so forth is all the same as saying it's never going to ship.

#231 10 years ago

anyone have a picture of the collectors plate?

No, but here's the best enlargement I could get from the Seattle Pinball Museum photos of the apron number.

plaque.jpgplaque.jpg

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I'm pretty sure that BBB took closer to 4-5 years.

The internet saves all!

Gene buys Capcom rights, 2000-04-21:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/33bbdd7fe1ff2eb9/1888098b9fd0734f

First discussion that it's going forward, 2004-10-10:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/3b19030de48579de/58ae75e8b6a158a6

First BBB order forms asking for 50% of the money, 2004-11-04:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/ae99f7b275c65cf7/4916ab5b628c5d2c

First BBB available for pickup, 2007-06-02:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/3862cc5c7654d163/d955ab31e0dcb8f

So, that's 2 years 7 months from paid order to very first deliveries. If you count all the talk of rebuilding BBB ever since Gene bought the Capcom rights and a sample machine, it's like 7 years.

#240 10 years ago

As far as I've heard, Internet capabilites (wi-fi is merely a connection method) won't be coming until a code update later this year. Alex made some remark that it would be possible to force the wired connection to function and get on the net now, but not much point until the backend servers are up and running.

For now, incremental and/or complete USB-based updates.

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

Its a great day for pinball, Im #259 and it looks like mid June for my delivery which is fine with me as if there are any issues hopefully they will be worked out by then. Congrats JJP you did it!!!!!!!!!
Joe(acejedi)

Quoted from markmon:

My order number is 256. Where did you see that translates to June?

Order number (ie you were the 75th person to order WOZ), game number (you selected #444) and serial number (JJP adds this) do not relate in any way. What determines shipping sequence is your order/invoice number.

However, it should be noted that you cannot determine what build number you are (ie. the 99th WOZ off the line) simply from your invoice number, as invoices did not start at an even number, and one invoice can relate to multiple machines.

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok I have no idea how to relate any of that. All I have is this:
We received your order on 3/1/2012. Your order number is 256.

Well, this depends on whether the person sending you that really meant "order number", or meant "build number".

If order number, then that means you're the 256th person to order WOZ, and will be the 256th order completed. This has no bearing on what your limited edition game number is. Since single orders can be for multiple machines, this doesn't mean you'll be the 256th machine built on the line... that number could be a fair bit higher.

#252 10 years ago

There isn't. Anyone with a date was given an estimate from someone at JJP (email them!)

Although we don't exactly know whether #259 is in reference to LE game 259 or order 259, considering it's essentially May now... mid-June doesn't sound unreasonable for the 259th game, considering production is starting slow and ramping up.

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea. 3/1/2012 was sorta late in I think. But I have nothing more to go on. Back to my original question. How do we know the 256th machine should ship on June rather than October? I don't see a schedule listed of units per week.

Quoted from DCFAN:

I suspect that a March 2012 order would be somewhere in the 650 to 900 range on the build schedule. I am Feb. 2012 and expect to be around that range.

Oh yeah, I completely missed out on that. You're a March **2012** order? I don't see any way that's order number 256, unless that's for the standard version of WOZ. And if that is the case, your build schedule is going to be more around 1256. Otherwise, please clarify.

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There are a handful of Standard orders that are in the latter part of the first 1000 WOZ or WOZECLE to be made but I am fairly certain those orders were made in March 2012 or later.

The Standard model was introduced in October, 2011, and it's around that time that all ECLE's were sold by JJP to customers or distributors.

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There were still many LE's available up until May so it did not appear that the standard version as selling much if any until close to mid 2012.

LEs available from distributors, sure, but still sold to those distributors and assigned a build sequence. Until July 2012 the standard was $6500, a cool grand less than the LE, so a fair number could've sold.

#292 10 years ago

Okay, please fellas. Many of us are quite supportive of Chocky's decision to bail on his order.

1 week later
#356 10 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

DugFreez: not so. Some people ordered standards before all the LEs were sold

True, but probably at least the first 750 sales were for ECLEs, before standards were even announced.

#423 10 years ago

Wow. Both unsubstianted heresay AND a conspiracy theory. Boy, if only there were some facts to go along with that. But no, better to muddy the waters and then run away, claiming to know where to "draw the line". Where's that line again? You've already thrown a grenade, so yelling "heads up" two seconds before it explodes does not absolve you of responsibility for the grenade.

As the saying goes, "put up or shut up". Hell, clearly a bunch of us have games coming soon, at least if you tell everyone something useful, they'll know what to look for, right?

And yeah, back when JJ was saying things about Gary, Gary wasn't really saying anything in return. But now that JJ has gone radio silent, there have been a surprising number of Gary-related slams towards Jack. In fact, I think this is the third documented one in the last month alone.

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A WOZ recipient spoke directly to me.
Call that whatever you want.
Your tone is very negative so I won't go out of my to even tell you who the owner is.
Good luck with the game, it seems to be moving along great now.

Yes, negative. I apologize for that, but I hate "I know something and I'm not going to tell anyone what it is"-style posts. They're cheap.

All I'm saying: include some facts. What's wrong? What should the people about to get their games that aren't in on the whole sordid conspiracy be looking for? Be helpful.

#462 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No, it was not , look at the time stamp. It was closed !

...What time stamp? How do you know when it was locked?

#467 10 years ago

And what a whiz of a wiz he is!

#476 10 years ago

LOL, good one!

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That being said the one area that seems to be missing something is the are behind the house. A balloon plastic use to go there and it is just screaming for something.

Yes, I have felt that way for a while. I'm actually really disappointed that when the first production games were photographed, nothing had changed. I was honestly expecting some closely-guarded secret to show up back there, and I even had an idea of what it could be... but no.

#618 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was ready to buy, but these shenanigans are making me rethink woz. I don't buy this fake being offended by negativity by the woz owners. Lets put out on the table what everyone is thinking. It seems clear to me there are only a few woz owners and clearly none of them are "real" owners but friends of Jack who have basically signed a non-disclosure agreement. This veil of secrecy only makes me think there are major problems with the system and possibly serious cost overuns. I get a sneaking suspicion many people might lose their pre-order money in a JJP bankruptcy. Now I really hope this doesn't happen but this veil of secrecy regarding video and how many games have actually shipped is disturbing. I will buy this pin when it is ready to ship to me but am not willing to gamble $7000+ on a pin that clearly is engulfed in secrecy.

And you wonder why people might think Pinside is negative to JJP/WOZ...

As for the "veil of secrecy" regarding how many games have shipped... guess what? Someone asked, and they got an answer! Wonder why no one else thought of that.

jjp.jpgjjp.jpg

And yes, I would like it to be higher, because I'm pretty close to the front.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunfox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-begins-shipping?tu=sunfox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.