421449_3316394873877_1388384845_330390.jpg
images.jpg
cool.gif
oz_clickme.gif
Ignored.jpg
anigif_enhanced-buzz-23945-1358364765-.gif
14511569-ilustracion-que-muestra-un-le.jpg
Guy-smiley.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rviguet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They are both guilty of such shenanigans, good times

It's more accurate than not IMHO but some folks will try to spin it otherwise. Not sure if that's a coping mechanisim for buyers & PR fluff from the staff or their true belief of today's current events? Perhaps a little bit of both...
To me it seems JJP made prototypes some time ago & just now shipped what appear in all honesty to be more like "test machines" to a dozen hand picked betas. I've heard the game has had various issues since arriving which the owners have understandably kept quiet about. JJP info sources seem to have cherry picked what they choose to acknowledge & share with the community which is smart & expected.
I don't think it's accurate for JJP to call their shipments anything other than test machines but I don't blame them for the possible embellishment. It's a good PR move, a great step in the right direction & I'm sure they're excited
Folks with a preorder are sure to disagree with me & I understand why. Once significant numbers ship we can talk about the game instead of our interpretation of its current status which will be nice.
Hopefully JJP does well along with Stern & all the others... I have room for more pins!

I was a first day order. My machine shipped last week, so I should be receiving it very soon. I can assure you I am not some sort of hand picked person for a beta machine. I am an actual buyer that expects a production unit and I am sure Jack is aware of that. The machines may be shipping in relatively small quantities due to the availability of production boards, but nevertheless real production units appear to in fact be shipping.

#429 10 years ago
Quoted from ink_blot:

Prepare yourself for a very Beta-feeling production machine. That's all I can say.

Okay. Having never purchased a NIB machine before, although having owned pinball machines for over 30 years now, perhaps you could help me with what to look for? What aspects of the machine would indicate it is a beta rather than a production machine? Should I expect non-production hardware, non-production code, and/or something else non-production? Jack has said that, although the code is to the point it is a complete "game", the code is not finished. Therefore I expect updates, but that does mean beta to me. Do you think there will be lots of modifications to fix things discovered durring use? Give me some idea of what I might expect if it is in fact a beta.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
13,000 (OBO)
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rviguet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-begins-shipping?tu=rviguet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.