421449_3316394873877_1388384845_330390.jpg
images.jpg
cool.gif
oz_clickme.gif
Ignored.jpg
anigif_enhanced-buzz-23945-1358364765-.gif
14511569-ilustracion-que-muestra-un-le.jpg
Guy-smiley.jpg
There are 770 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Well, this depends on whether the person sending you that really meant "order number", or meant "build number".
If order number, then that means you're the 256th person to order WOZ, and will be the 256th order completed. This has no bearing on what your limited edition game number is. Since single orders can be for multiple machines, this doesn't mean you'll be the 256th machine built on the line... that number could be a fair bit higher.

Yea. 3/1/2012 was sorta late in I think. But I have nothing more to go on. Back to my original question. How do we know the 256th machine should ship on June rather than October? I don't see a schedule listed of units per week.

#252 10 years ago

There isn't. Anyone with a date was given an estimate from someone at JJP (email them!)

Although we don't exactly know whether #259 is in reference to LE game 259 or order 259, considering it's essentially May now... mid-June doesn't sound unreasonable for the 259th game, considering production is starting slow and ramping up.

#253 10 years ago

All that matters is most people will likely have a machine come fall!

#254 10 years ago

I suspect that a March 2012 order would be somewhere in the 650 to 900 range on the build schedule. I am Feb. 2012 and expect to be around that range.

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea. 3/1/2012 was sorta late in I think. But I have nothing more to go on. Back to my original question. How do we know the 256th machine should ship on June rather than October? I don't see a schedule listed of units per week.

Quoted from DCFAN:

I suspect that a March 2012 order would be somewhere in the 650 to 900 range on the build schedule. I am Feb. 2012 and expect to be around that range.

Oh yeah, I completely missed out on that. You're a March **2012** order? I don't see any way that's order number 256, unless that's for the standard version of WOZ. And if that is the case, your build schedule is going to be more around 1256. Otherwise, please clarify.

#256 10 years ago

My invoice is from 7/2011 and back awhile ago I was told I was about 500th in line approximately for what it's worth. Not that it matters much as it was an estimate but told I would probably be looking at late June/early July when I asked about a month ago.

#257 10 years ago

There are a handful of Standard orders that are in the latter part of the first 1000 WOZ or WOZECLE to be made but I am fairly certain those orders were made in March 2012 or later.

#258 10 years ago

Well, we can guess about this stuff forever. If you call them, can't they give you a ballpark idea about when your machine might be made?

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There are a handful of Standard orders that are in the latter part of the first 1000 WOZ or WOZECLE to be made but I am fairly certain those orders were made in March 2012 or later.

The Standard model was introduced in October, 2011, and it's around that time that all ECLE's were sold by JJP to customers or distributors.

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

The Standard model was introduced in October, 2011, and at that time all ECLE's had been sold by JJP to customers or distributors.

There were still many LE's available up until May so it did not appear that the standard version as selling much if any until close to mid 2012.

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There were still many LE's available up until May so it did not appear that the standard version as selling much if any until close to mid 2012.

LEs available from distributors, sure, but still sold to those distributors and assigned a build sequence. Until July 2012 the standard was $6500, a cool grand less than the LE, so a fair number could've sold.

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

jack is using waste management! lol congrats to new owners

Quoted from DougPiranha:

Are you that guy on rgp called ezesleeze?

Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha. +1000.
Ad Infinitum.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

LEs available from distributors, sure, but still sold to those distributors and assigned a build sequence. Until July 2012 the standard was $6500, a cool grand less than the LE, so a fair number could've sold.

I am fairly sure the build queue is based on the paid commitments and the day a customer was assigned a particular game number. Most distributors gave commitments for product without a money transaction. They paid money when they got a customer to buy the spots.
I bought mine from Pinballsales which is not the same as the JJP pinball manufacturer. How should that distributor's priority count as compared to any other distributor?

#264 10 years ago

This is all great news.

The business about the code needs to be put to rest. As a former SOftware Developer (as well as System/Data Architect) and NOW in the role of InfoTech Program Director, I need to let everyone in on a little secret.

Code is NEVER "finished". For anything. Whether it is a large Financial Software System, your iPhone Operating System, or in this case a Pinball Machine - code ALWAYS evolves. Ironing out bugs, adding new features and the rest of it - this is the reason why there are ALWAYS code updates for virtually any system that uses code.

Although Jack has made some Amateur Mistakes - he took EVERYONE along for the ride and he has only been LEVEL with everyone.

If it were within my responsibility, I would have had him say something differently about the "Finished code". We live, we learn.

Good work, Jersey Jack Pinball.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

The business about the code needs to be put to rest. As a former SOftware Developer (as well as System/Data Architect) and NOW in the role of InfoTech Program Director, I need to let everyone in on a little secret.

Code is NEVER "finished". For anything. Whether it is a large Financial Software System, your iPhone Operating System, or in this case a Pinball Machine - code ALWAYS evolves. Ironing out bugs, adding new features and the rest of it - this is the reason why there are ALWAYS code updates for virtually any system that uses code.

[mind blown]

I think people are using the term 'finished' in terms of basic things like having all the modes that were planned and having inserts that do anything useful. No one is talking about fine tuning and bugs.

We are still yet to see a WOZ playing anything near a finished version of the software. Hopefully this V1.2 will be something close.

#266 10 years ago

So are we expecting the first delivery today or are those machines sitting in a depot somewhere? I mean, what delivery dates were the chosen few given by Jack? I'm not counting the Seattle Pinball Museum machine although I'd like to see some more information about that machine.

I wanna see some V1.2 video!!!

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I thought it was 1.02

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Quoted from markmon:

Ok I have no idea how to relate any of that. All I have is this:
We received your order on 3/1/2012. Your order number is 256.

I ordered on January 31st (announcement was made January 9th) and I am ~200 orders back on the build list. Hope that helps. (Also shooting for mid June, Ace Jedi's order is in a 4 machine bulk ship to my house)

#269 10 years ago

Oh, well whatever they're calling this latest update then.

#271 10 years ago

Glad a new pin is hitting the streets. How many ops do you think are keeping a few LE's back\hidden hoping for the price to rise like on tron le????

#272 10 years ago

Whenever it arrives. I'm good.

Arrives early=can play sooner.
Arrives later=any production issues likely worked out.

Either way, a win!

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

What you describe is the fallacy of 'perfect code' - no one is pointing to that standard. People are referring to the idea of the product having all the agreed upon (or reasonable customer expected) mandatory features.

What is the definition of 'done' as it's referred to. Is the feature implemented, is it tested, is it accepted, is it documented, is it supported? That is what 'finished' means. For a product as a whole, it means having that complete for all the agreed upon features/functionalities.

Skip any of those elements.. and you're shipping incomplete code.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

So are we expecting the first delivery today or are those machines sitting in a depot somewhere? I mean, what delivery dates were the chosen few given by Jack? I'm not counting the Seattle Pinball Museum machine although I'd like to see some more information about that machine.

You will when you get yours.....DOH!

#275 10 years ago

Mine is so far out, the code should be on 11.2 by time it arrives on my doorstep.....

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What you describe is the fallacy of 'perfect code' - no one is pointing to that standard. People are referring to the idea of the product having all the agreed upon (or reasonable customer expected) mandatory features.
What is the definition of 'done' as it's referred to. Is the feature implemented, is it tested, is it accepted, is it documented, is it supported? That is what 'finished' means. For a product as a whole, it means having that complete for all the agreed upon features/functionalities.
Skip any of those elements.. and you're shipping incomplete code.

Right. It's like "The Telephone Game".

Jack's original comment referred to not wanting to ship with "Incomplete Code." Through the magic of the internet discussion forum, much of the discussion morphed into a discussion about "Finished Code" - which are 2 different things.

I am not having alot of taste for the insinuation that the delivery of future code updates constitutes some sort of "failure to deliver" a completed game.

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You will when you get yours.....DOH!

Huh? Are you suggesting I'm going to regret bailing on my ECLE? I'm still excited about seeing what the team have done on this game but no way is this going to end up being anything like I hoped it would be when I preordered. If it ends up being completely fantastic when the code is finished then I'll consider a standard which is a whole £1k cheaper to boot. Plus I'll get it delivered a few days after I pay for it!

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Huh? Are you suggesting I'm going to regret bailing on my ECLE

I am.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

I am not having alot of taste for the insinuation that the delivery of future code updates constitutes some sort of "failure to deliver" a completed game.

It's not an insinuation... the game is known to not be where it wanted to be. The promise of future updates is not 'plussing' the game, or only referring to future fixes, but is delivering on the previous objectives PLUS improvements and future fixes.

They had to change their objective to get the stuff out the door... and have promised to keep delivering more to round it out.

Every project does that to an extent - it's a question of how much did you trim back.. is it to the point where your customer feels the product is incomplete/inadaquate/lacking? Or did you just pull back features that were beyond your MVO (Minimum Viable Offer)?

If you fail to meet the MVO - your customer base will view the product as incomplete or inadequate vs their expectation... even if the features you did ship were complete in their own right.

#280 10 years ago

Well I hope that belief makes you feel fuzzy inside. I'm jealous of course and excited for those who are near to owning them but I'm loads more jealous of countless other pins that I can neither afford or house. WOZ is way down on my list right now especially after playing it thoroughly recently.

The only way I'll regret my decision (and the decision was based heavily on financial issues so it wasn't 100% my decision) is if the ECLEs raise in value and I seriously doubt they will. Is that why you are so confident I'll be sad I did what I did or is it that you think this will be the ultimate playing pin?

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

The only way I'll regret my decision (and the decision was based heavily on financial issues so it wasn't 100% my decision) is if the ECLEs raise in value and I seriously doubt they will. Is that why you are so confident I'll be sad I did what I did or is it that you think this will be the ultimate playing pin?

It has nothing to do with what it will be WORTH bro....

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

It has nothing to do with what it will be WORTH bro....

Did I say it was? If the ECLE rose in value over the next year or so (it won't) would I be a MONSTER for regretting not keeping my order?

Tell us then, what's it all about Alfie?

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Did I say it was?

yes

#284 10 years ago

What a <edited> haha

Post edited by absocountry2 : not allowed

#285 10 years ago

LOL. You are ridiculous j69. Such a slimy leech. Have an opinion of your own for once.

#286 10 years ago

I didn't. I asked TaylorVA if that's why he thought I'd regret ditching the WOZECLE.

Why are you wasting time picking on l'il ol' me for anyway? I though you'd all be doing cartwheels and talking about your new machines!

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

The only way I'll regret my decision (and the decision was based heavily on financial issues so it wasn't 100% my decision) is if the ECLEs raise in value and I seriously doubt they will.

I think you did.

#288 10 years ago

I don't have a horse in the race, but I am so excited for Jersey Jack and all the early buyers who supported this project. This is truly a GREAT day in the history of pinball!

Brian

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I'm pretty sure that BBB took closer to 4-5 years.

I think 4-5 people were in the hobby back then .

#290 10 years ago

And they still argued!

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Mine is so far out, the code should be on 11.2 by time it arrives on my doorstep.....

Really? When did you get in?

#292 10 years ago

Okay, please fellas. Many of us are quite supportive of Chocky's decision to bail on his order.

#293 10 years ago

Can we start fighting about Spooky Pinball yet?

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Well I hope that belief makes you feel fuzzy inside. I'm jealous of course and excited for those who are near to owning them but I'm loads more jealous of countless other pins that I can neither afford or house. WOZ is way down on my list right now especially after playing it thoroughly recently.

Morphine makes me warm and fuzzy.

If your decision to bail was based on financial I understand that.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

USB based updates are available now. Internet to follow

My question is...where is this code to dl and put on a USB stick? It doesn't look like the JJP website has the newest code posted or even a place to check. I know Stern will sometimes ship machines with newer code than is "officially" posted, but I was just wondering where will a WOZ owner go when they open there 1.0 software game and want the latest?

Can loaded code be dumped onto a USB drive from a machine and saved?

#296 10 years ago

All games are shipping with 1.02 which is the latest public. Once 1.03 is available those games will ship day one with 1.03 and others will update via download link and support site. I am building the support site now. Right now there isn't an update for shipped games. When there is a proper update will be made available. You can choose to roll back if you like by downloading a full flash of the previous version and flashing your game.

#297 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I am building the support site now. Right now there isn't an update for shipped games.

Looks like this will all be figured out by the time I get my game

#298 10 years ago

It already is . There just isn't an update for shipped games . They just shipped yesterday. Ask the folks at the Seattle pinball museum. They did a major game update yesterday and the response was "smooth as silk"

#299 10 years ago

pinchroma you are as good as gold for JJP and pinside buyers of WOZ!

#300 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It already is . There just isn't an update for shipped games . They just shipped yesterday. Ask the folks at the Seattle pinball museum. They did a major game update yesterday and the response was "smooth as silk"

Do you have any info on how many machines can be built and shipped in a week?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
There are 770 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-begins-shipping/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.