421449_3316394873877_1388384845_330390.jpg
images.jpg
cool.gif
oz_clickme.gif
Ignored.jpg
anigif_enhanced-buzz-23945-1358364765-.gif
14511569-ilustracion-que-muestra-un-le.jpg
Guy-smiley.jpg
There are 770 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
#601 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He's still here, but he said he won't post any more WOZ info publicly. Everything has to be done in private messages.

And it's been working out surprisingly well! Not having to deal with BS here while providing owners the information they want. I've also gotten valuable feedback without having to have folks subjected to public ridicule! Everyone who should win, does.

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Put me on that list too. If I were the first guy to get a WOZ, I would feel it was my duty to post a decent fair review along with a video. It's only the right thing to do for the other future 999 LE owners.
Pappy

I knew you felt this way, which is why I specifically mentioned you earlier as someone else that I would trust in posting an honest and articulate review.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

And it's been working out surprisingly well! Not having to deal with BS here while providing owners the information they want. I've also gotten valuable feedback without having to have folks subjected to public ridicule! Everyone who should win, does.

If you say so.

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That being said the one area that seems to be missing something is the are behind the house. A balloon plastic use to go there and it is just screaming for something.

Yes, I have felt that way for a while. I'm actually really disappointed that when the first production games were photographed, nothing had changed. I was honestly expecting some closely-guarded secret to show up back there, and I even had an idea of what it could be... but no.

#604 10 years ago

Heard from a guy who does not frequent Pinside say that they are shipping 15 a week and hoping to ramp it up to 15 a day. He said his place is well over 1500 so that puts his arrival date way out. Any confirmation on any of this or no?

#605 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How do you know Alex "went home" ?

Yep....

Quoted from Pinchroma:

it's been working out surprisingly well! Not having to deal with BS here while providing owners the information they want. I've also gotten valuable feedback without having to have folks subjected to public ridicule!

Whoop... there it is.

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll tell you what, you can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there but wouldn't you rather just take his word for it!

You couldn't have gotten that quote more wrong if you tried.

#607 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

You couldn't have gotten that quote more wrong if you tried.

It's from a movie
0.jpg0.jpg

#608 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

It's from a movie

Thanks, Tommy Boy.

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Thanks, Tommy Boy.

Are we talking about the movie or Tommy the pinball machine... damnit, I don't know anymore with pinside giving me highlights for certain words

#610 10 years ago

I'm about 300th on the list so I won't have my game for a couple more months probably, but if I was early in line and had received WOZ already, I would be very hesitant to post any video until the I felt the software was more representative of what the game will ultimately be. I envy those who already have their game as it will undoubtedly change and evolve a great deal over the coming months.

I like hearing reviews of people who have their's, but I'm trying very hard to not watch anymore video, looking forward to experiencing it first hand sometime in July

#611 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I knew you felt this way, which is why I specifically mentioned you earlier as someone else that I would trust in posting an honest and articulate review.

Thanks for that Rob T.

Pappy

#612 10 years ago

I think it is lame if people aren't sharing video simply because the code isn't complete. Which most said it would be complete upon release. When will it be complete & how long must pinball fans wait to see the game in action then?? None of Sterns pins have complete code upon release but we see many Pinsider's share video of gameplay even with early code. I hope that someone gets some good video at one of the upcoming shows so the community can see a newly released pin in action. This is a bit silly. To what end will people go to help WOZ avoid any objective observations of gameplay by the community at large?

#613 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have said it before but I just don't understand why this game has become so polarizing. .

Any game from any manufacturer will get kicked on rightfully so or not. When the game name is WOZ its a prime target from over promised salesmanship , a lengthy missed delivery and some promises about game code that fell short. Anytime you miss a date then start falling back on promised features the target to poke at just got a heck of a lot bigger. Soliciting for funds for game #2 long before game #1 was delivered was not great timing either.

Hopefully all that want one or order one get a game they like and I am sure JJP has hopefully learned something along the way with the build and delivery of its 1st production games. I am not a WOZ lover or hater but its fun to read some of the barbs tossed back & forth. For those of you that purchased one I hope you are self confident enough to enjoy your purchase despite any public opinion good or bad. It really only matters to the person that owns it.

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I think it is lame if people aren't sharing video simply because the code isn't complete.

None of the owners have said they are not posting because the code is not complete. They are saying they do not want to deal with the negativity no matter what they post. Ted posted videos of "Vyzer2" when they got his pin last week. People were so bad Vyzer2 made his video private and asked that the thread get closed. He now only answers questions via PM. What is it that causes people to act so negative online?

I think part of it is that sarcasm does not come across online so conversations turn bad.

How many videos do we need to say it has at least been posted? Here are a few I found in one thread from last week. Maybe it would be easier to see if we started a new thread for each video. Enjoy these for now.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-is-in-my-home/page/3#post-841522

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-is-in-my-home/page/4#post-842321

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-is-in-my-home/page/5#post-842470

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-is-in-my-home/page/9#post-859052

#615 10 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

None of the owners have said they are not posting because the code is not complete.

From 4 posts above.

Quoted from dgpinball:

I'm about 300th on the list so I won't have my game for a couple more months probably, but if I was early in line and had received WOZ already, I would be very hesitant to post any video until the I felt the software was more representative of what the game will ultimately be.

Soon to be owner.

#616 10 years ago

If you notice, that was what I said I would do, not what I have done, big difference. Nice try though

When I am an owner, then I'll decide if I want to post a video or not.

#617 10 years ago

I was ready to buy, but these shenanigans are making me rethink woz. I don't buy this fake being offended by negativity by the woz owners. Lets put out on the table what everyone is thinking. It seems clear to me there are only a few woz owners and clearly none of them are "real" owners but friends of Jack who have basically signed a non-disclosure agreement. This veil of secrecy only makes me think there are major problems with the system and possibly serious cost overuns. I get a sneaking suspicion many people might lose their pre-order money in a JJP bankruptcy. Now I really hope this doesn't happen but this veil of secrecy regarding video and how many games have actually shipped is disturbing. I will buy this pin when it is ready to ship to me but am not willing to gamble $7000+ on a pin that clearly is engulfed in secrecy.

#618 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was ready to buy, but these shenanigans are making me rethink woz. I don't buy this fake being offended by negativity by the woz owners. Lets put out on the table what everyone is thinking. It seems clear to me there are only a few woz owners and clearly none of them are "real" owners but friends of Jack who have basically signed a non-disclosure agreement. This veil of secrecy only makes me think there are major problems with the system and possibly serious cost overuns. I get a sneaking suspicion many people might lose their pre-order money in a JJP bankruptcy. Now I really hope this doesn't happen but this veil of secrecy regarding video and how many games have actually shipped is disturbing. I will buy this pin when it is ready to ship to me but am not willing to gamble $7000+ on a pin that clearly is engulfed in secrecy.

And you wonder why people might think Pinside is negative to JJP/WOZ...

As for the "veil of secrecy" regarding how many games have shipped... guess what? Someone asked, and they got an answer! Wonder why no one else thought of that.

jjp.jpgjjp.jpg

And yes, I would like it to be higher, because I'm pretty close to the front.

#619 10 years ago

I have been nothing but positive to JJP and WOZ. But enough is enough of making excuses and blaming others. As an accountant we have something called the "smell test".

#620 10 years ago

vicj66: If I were to get a WOZ in a box tomorrow, I would have absolutely no interest whatsoever in posting about it on Pinside. The demands that people have of the people have have fessed up to having one, along with the giant clusterfuck that every thread turns into have very little upside to the person considering posting. There was a video posted by an owner a while ago, and he took it down for his own sanity.

I'd much rather play pinball.

At this point tens of games have shipped, to the first tens of people that ordered. People that ordered on or before day 1.

There are games on location. Seattle's got one, for instance. Anyone can go down there and take video.

#621 10 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Anyone can go down there and take video.

Like you? I kid, I kid!

Quoted from Excalabur:

At this point tens of games have shipped

3 10's of games.

#622 10 years ago

That is b.s. Taking down a video requires effort. Leaving it up requires no effort. There is a reason for taking down a video. And that reason is not going to help JJP sell games, it is going to hurt JJP from selling games. So those with WOZ who are refusing to share are being selfish not only to fellow pinsiders and pinball hobbyists, but also to JJP.

#623 10 years ago

I don't ever believe that controlling the flow of info so tightly is a good thing, but I can't say I blame Alex. You guys grief him an awful lot.

#624 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Do you have ANY facts to back those insinuations, or are you just trying to stir it up.

#625 10 years ago

If I open mine Ill make a video but I didn't think much of the one I played so I may not open it. It was a early release so the code wasn't much. It may be awesome now.

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It seems clear to me there are only a few woz owners and clearly none of them are "real" owners but friends of Jack who have basically signed a non-disclosure agreement. This veil of secrecy only makes me think there are major problems with the system and possibly serious cost overuns.

Total BS. My game is on the way, currently sitting in Wilmington, OH, and Jack doesn't know me from Adam. I've never even met the man. I'm an early order, a regular guy like anyone else. I'm getting a game early because I ordered early. I've signed no NDA and I don't belong to any secret club. Plenty of people will be over at my home to play the game once I get it.

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Total BS. My game is on the way, currently sitting in Wilmington, OH, and Jack doesn't know me from Adam. I've never even met the man. I'm an early order, a regular guy like anyone else. I'm getting a game early because I ordered early. I've signed no NDA and I don't belong to any secret club. Plenty of people will be over at my home to play the game once I get it.

Same here. My games is on the way and will be here today or tomorrow. Pinball party this weekend!

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Don't be so dramatic. It's a company that has product to ship and is slowly ramping up the process of getting games it the door. They have been and remain behind the goal dates they set for themselves and are working hard every day to get product out the door.

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

#630 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If I open mine Ill make a video but I didn't think much of the one I played so I may not open it. It was a early release so the code wasn't much. It may be awesome now.

I think if anything has been learned from the WOZ process, is that it is not a good idea to let the public play a game with code in it's infancy no matter how pretty and well built it is. First impressions are important, and to some, you can never overcome an original negative reaction to a product, and I maintain that any pinball machine is pretty boring if all the elements aren't there.

Hope you give it a try, I really think it is going to be an epic game when it all shakes out!

#631 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I think if anything has been learned from the WOZ process, is that it is not a good idea to let the public play a game with code in it's infancy no matter how pretty and well built it is. First impressions are important, and to some, you can never overcome an original negative reaction to a product, and I maintain that any pinball machine is pretty boring if all the elements aren't there.
Hope you give it a try, I really think it is going to be an epic game when it all shakes out!

I agree, but felt JJP was in a no win situation as he needed the funding and progress kept owners in the game. I really hope we dont see this with The Hobbit.. release a completed game with completed (at LEAST as well completed as Stern!) code and let JJP/Stern games compare apples to apples. The trickle info and test games really soured me... its possible to get bored/sick of a game without even playing it.

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I think if anything has been learned from the WOZ process, is that it is not a good idea to let the public play a game with code in it's infancy no matter how pretty and well built it is.

Jack kinda painted himself into this corner. I don't know that he had the proper amount of project planning acumen when this started. I think people would have been fine with waiting if Jack had the track record of a Blizzard games. Being his first game though, I think he felt forced to start releasing stuff in light of his missed deadlines.

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Jack was in a no win situation. He needed to show something at the shows knowing that the pin was not ready to show. Looks-wise, yes. Play-wise, no. It should only happen with WOZ, but to your point, first impressions are important and he may have lost some people. Hopefully, people who were disappointed will give WOZ another shot once production pins are in the wild and not hold it against future JJP pins.

#634 10 years ago

If the game was awesome in the state it's in we'd see lots of videos. It's obviously not awesome right now. Hopefully for owners it will be at some point in the future. Personally I believe it will never live up to the fanboy hype.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Personally I believe it will never live up to the fanboy hype.

How could it?

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

If the game was awesome in the state it's in we'd see lots of videos. It's obviously not awesome right now. Hopefully for owners it will be at some point in the future. Personally I believe it will never live up to the fanboy hype.

Chuck,

People who own games and have them in their possession are saying this is incorrect right here in this? Why ignore that and make this post knowing that's not the case? Trying to stir the pot? They have made it clear that have no interested in putting up with the BS.

#637 10 years ago

In my mind people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. There is this thing called free agency, where people are free to post videos if they please. I have a WOZ coming, many moons from now, but as less active member of this group, I read more than I post. I have seen WOZ in a very basic form about 5 months ago. If I got my WOZ, I'm afraid I would be a bit selfish. I'd pull it out of the box and play the heck put of it, tweak it if necessary, and play it some more. Would I post pictures and video? Probably not, but I may post that I received it, and how I felt about the game play. It may take me a week to do that however!
If you don't want to take the gamble, I have a solution. Wait until you've played it in the wild, go to your local distributor when he has one and buy it.
I have no such worries, but then I worry about things that others may not. In my mind there is no conspiracy, just people exercising their free agency.

#638 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

If the game was awesome in the state it's in we'd see lots of videos. It's obviously not awesome right now.

I know in my case you won't see any videos because I've got too much other crap going on right now. Making a video and posting it is waaay at the bottom of my list of things to do. If my game isn't here at a reasonable time on Friday, I probably won't get it unboxed and set up until Sunday night if I'm lucky. Making a video will be the least of my concerns. Add to that that I rarely make videos anyway. It just isn't my thing. Can't some people accept that many of us just don't want to bother or don't care about making a video. People are welcome to make videos when they play my game, but I'm not going to do it.

Or maybe it is a conspiracy.

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Personally I believe it will never live up to the fanboy hype.

You may be right. I don't care if it lives up to 'fanboy hype' or down to 'haters hype'. It just has to meet my expectations as a buyer.

#640 10 years ago

Anyone else notice that in the JJP attract video, the reflection on the ball is WOZ ?

JJP_Attract_Logo.jpgJJP_Attract_Logo.jpg

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Or maybe it is a conspiracy.

I probably shouldn't say this, but WOZ actually comes with a secret Pinside Posting Prevention feature. Probably what Alex has been working on for so long. It monitors Pinside for video postings and automatically turns itself into a giant tortilla maker if any video is detected. Poor vyser stopped posting because he can no longer play. He is up to his neck in tacos. I like tacos. I wasn't going to say anything, but that darn 007 accountant and his smell test were only steps away from figuring this out anyway.

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

The game is pretty impressive in the state it is in which is why I posted a video. The rules are not finished so its not like there is going to be a deep gameplay video because the game is not "deep".
In not sure what people want. You want pics of people opening boxes? Opening a box is not all that interesting to me unless I'm doing the opening.

"Personally I believe it will never live up to the fanboy hype".
Do you want it to live up to the hype?

#643 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I probably shouldn't say this, but WOZ actually comes with a secret Pinside Posting Prevention feature. Probably what Alex has been working on for so long. It monitors Pinside for video postings and automatically turns itself into a giant tortilla maker if any video is detected. Poor vyser stopped posting because he can no longer play. He is up to his neck in tacos. I like tacos. I wasn't going to say anything, but that darn 007 accountant and his smell test were only steps away from figuring this out anyway.

But as the code matures we will add other features like a convection microwave and a smoothie maker.

#644 10 years ago

(That tortilla maker also doubles as a waffle iron. Just sayin.)

#645 10 years ago

"Personally I believe it will never live up to the fanboy hype".
Do you want it to live up to the hype?

Yes I do. I have 13 games. Im out of room and I don't want to sell anything other than my NGG. I wanted my last game to be awesome. I was hoping for a BBB experience.
I don't think the game will live up to the hype and I really don't think I'm going to like it. I want to and I'm going to give it every chance.

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I probably shouldn't say this, but WOZ actually comes with a secret Pinside Posting Prevention feature. Probably what Alex has been working on for so long. It monitors Pinside for video postings and automatically turns itself into a giant tortilla maker if any video is detected.

Bonus. Alex already let the cat out of the bag on the waffle maker. The tortilla function must be the big undisclosed feature. If I drop off the face of the earth after this weekend everyone will know that I'm in my basement buried in waffles and tortillas.

#647 10 years ago

How to take the heat off of the WOZ issues , talk about food !

#648 10 years ago

I could go for some hotcakes Jim. I'll be back.

#649 10 years ago

I heard that one of the upper playfields is being replaced with the Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker. This thing looks slick!

#650 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Quoted from Nevus:

Same here. My games is on the way and will be here today or tomorrow. Pinball party this weekend!

Why couldn't any of you rich Wisconsin people order early?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
There are 770 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-begins-shipping/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.