• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by 3pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Hi All
Wanting to replace the battery in my WOZ and followed the aittuxtions in the manual with using tape etc. question is how do I manipulate the holder to release the battery? Know this weds to be done with the machine on and DO NOT want to f anything up.

Thank you for the guidance

G

#2 8 months ago

Firstly, Don't EVER follow the aittuxtions in the manual

#3 8 months ago

Isn't just a coin cell battery on the motherboard?

Those are usually good for about 10 years.

But, if you really need to replace it, there is usually a tab or lever of some sort that can release the battery, and you can lift it out (preferably with something non-conductive).

#4 8 months ago

If it fails, you won't be able to boot the game, so JJP recommends it be replaced every 3 years. You also have to replace it with the machine on, otherwise again the game won't boot. There is a little tab on the bottom. Gently pull back on that, and the coin battery should lift out with the tape. It took me a few tries before I noticed the tab. Don't force it. If you find the tab and gently pull back, the battery will lift out easily.

Mind the whirling open fan next to your fingers! I cut myself on it.

#5 8 months ago

Thank you all. Well got it done. While the battery MAY last ten years it appeared to be the original and according to the WOZ manual it says to replace every three years. Don’t want any issues with the game not booting up as it sits turned off the vast majority of the time and hence the battery gets more use.
Yes, I too experienced the whirring fan. Oh well no blood so it is all good. Thanks fellas

G

#6 8 months ago

What number was that coin cell battery?

#7 8 months ago

I haven't replaced this battery since I've had the game.....what battery is it and where is it located?

I just need to remember to have the game powered on so I don't lose my settings!

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I haven't replaced this battery since I've had the game.....what battery is it and where is it located?
I just need to remember to have the game powered on so I don't lose my settings!

There are instructions in the manual that talk you through it. Unfortunately, the instructions don't mention the tab or the fan blade (did I mention I cut my finger?).

It is also not just about losing your settings. If you replace the battery without the power on, you won't be able to boot.

#9 8 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If you replace the battery without the power on, you won't be able to boot.

Whoah. How the heck do you fix that? Just picked one up with a four year old battery, better get on it!

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Whoah. How the heck do you fix that? Just picked one up with a four year old battery, better get on it!

There’s a way but I think you need to hook up a keyboard to the computer and do magical computer stuff. JJP can talk people through it I believe. It just isn’t a hassle you want.

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

What number was that coin cell battery?

The battery in the machine is a CR2032 Lithium coin type battery. You can get two at CVS or Walgreens for $7. The battery is located in the back of the processor box just to the right of center. It is all the way in the back though. Yes be warned of the fan rotating. Squeeze the little metallic tab on the front side (players position) and then use the tape method detailed in the manual. Quite helpful that manual. Was worth every dime I paid for it!! Highly recommend if you don't have one. Make sure and ground yourself by touching the lockdown bar area prior to inserting your hands into the machine The components are static sensitive.

G

#12 8 months ago

Hi LTG ....any idea what page the battery schematic is on? thx Tony

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Wanted
$ 12.99
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
9,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Rio Rancho, NM
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside