Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MapleSyrup
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm calling this by the correct name, but almost every single game I play when the ball is coming from the castle, house, or crystal ball and travels down the green wire ramps it falls out before it drops where its supposed to so I can hit it with my flipper. This is EXTREMELY frustrating as I'd say over half my balls end due to this. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a mod/fix for this? I LOVE the game, but this one thing is KILLING it right now

#2 3 years ago

I've never seen a ball fall off either wireform on a WOz, and I've played like 20 of 'em. The fact that it's happening on both sides on yours is very surprising.

Where are they falling off? Some people have had trouble with the balls getting kicked out too fast by the crystal ball, but the returns from the castle and the lock should be quite slow. I suspect something's not right: either in setup or a factory error.

If they're falling off somewhere consistent, look for something that's causing the problem. If not, then I'm baffled

#3 3 years ago

Could your game be missing washers where the ramps are mounted?

#4 3 years ago

Maybe your balls are bad.

I had to adjust the crystal ball coil down because the ball was being ejected out onto the playfield. That doesn't sound like your problem. If you haven't already, pull the glass and perform some manual testing. If the ball rolls off the ramps in the same places then check to see if the ramps are misshapen or something like that. I think DCFAN is probably correct that your ramps may not be correctly leveled and you may need to add a washer or two to correct. Working on and adjusting these ramps is easy to do.

#5 3 years ago

Is your playfield leveled properly? Do you have video?

#6 3 years ago

It is probably a leveling issue or possibly the wireforms got banged around some and are out of alignment. They sort of clip together so maybe somewhere they are not linked together correctly. Something is out of adjustment that is for sure it is not normal.

#7 3 years ago

If you're saying what I think you're saying, it's a very easy problem to fix. It's common whenever a wire form ramp attaches to an inlane ball return.

I was having this problem with my WOZ too.

Is the problem occurring as the ball drops out of the wire form in to the inlane? If so, it's likely just bouncing off the sling plastic, or the lane guide and hopping to the outlane.

Simply loosen the hex nut that holds the ramp in place. Move the ramp ever so slightly to line it up over the inlane, and experiment dropping balls in at the top of the ramp. When the ball arrives with some speed and spin, and can hop out of the place it's supposed to drop.

Simply align the ramp exit as close as you can to the center of the inlane, and retighten the hex nut well. Over time, it may slip a little again. Repeat the above process.

Good luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside