7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Curious if anyone else experiences this: on occasion, the VUK tries to kick the ball into the shooter lane, but bounces around and gets stuck on the lip between the VUK metal rail and the shooter lane -- essentially resting right above the swinging flap so never getting into the lane, nor falling back into the trough.

I came across this post that discusses altering the angle of the metal flap:
http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

I've tweaked it some, but the other problem is the apron (black metal) blocks a bit of the area. Bending the flap out, even slightly, and the ball simply hits the black apron and will usually dribble into the shooter lane, but may bounce back with the same effect of getting stuck.

I've tinkered with adjusting the VUK strength up/down a bit. I've verified levels. I put spacers in front of the apron to shim it forward slightly, lessening the chance of the ball hitting the apron and reflecting back while coming out of the trough.

It would be better if the ball fell back into the trough because it would try again. But when it's stuck there, it requires a strong nudge to get it to fall into the lane.

The spacers + increasing VUK strength to about 11 seems to have minimized the problem. It's pretty rare, if anyone else experienced this, curious what you've done (if anything) to fix.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ball-trough-vuk-tweaking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.