• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

144.jpg
119.jpg
user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

"i think alot of stern nib customers will be REALLY pissed when they see the finished woz machine and compare it to theirs.

i hope xmen is a unique and amazing machine, i have my doubts though. the prices are new though, thats for sure"

Vex you nailed it in two sentences .......... well said

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from guesswhere:

i think alot of stern nib customers will be REALLY pissed when they see the finished woz machine and compare it to theirs.

I will never be disappointed in my NIB Back in Black ,so do count me in as one of the a lot !

How could I be disappointed in my NIB when they are selling for how much again? I paid 6860 shipped .

Jim

#53 11 years ago

Yeah I definitely won't be disappointed in my LTBR. The game is awesome. I'm not seeing any new innovation on the woz playfield that would make me disappointed in my acdc. As I stated earlier those upkick cylinders would drive me crazy. And not to knock it but just because you can add everything to a machine doesn't mean you should. Looks very cluttered. That's one thing I'm digging about predator. It's just gonna be flat out pinball without 50 different toys and levels. That's not to say woz doesn't look interesting. If I saw one out somewhere I would definitely play it.

I don't think it was a good idea to give all the presale buyers a $1000 discount. Many that couldn't get in on the presale may not wanna spend the extra thousand on the same model or the same price on a standard model. I know that's part of what stopped me from buying. I think it gives an incentive for presale but no incentive to people after the fact. JMO though.

#54 11 years ago

Depending on how many games that JJ spit out will greatly depend on how many people buy Sterns in future. If JJ only make one game per year then ok Stern might survive however if JJ also decided to release 3-4 games a year then bye bye Stern, your going to struggle

#55 11 years ago

I disagree RGR, stern has survived this long, and do you seriously think they are gonna just throw in the towel? Competition breeds innovation, stern will just have to up their game and by playing acdc they are headed in the right direction. As long as fun games are produced they will be fine, if they start having a run of a few games that are duds they may get into trouble. The same can be said for JJP.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i think alot of stern nib customers will be REALLY pissed when they see the finished woz machine and compare it to theirs.
i think snowdale is realizing this and needs to vent here...
i hope xmen is a unique and amazing machine, i have my doubts though. the prices are new though, thats for sure

This is absolutely ridiculous. I saw The beta WoZ at the Seattle show. It looks great. But I love my acdc premium. Stern has really stepped up the game. There is absolutely nothing to be "REALLY pissed" about for anyone getting acdc premium or LE. WoZ looks to be great. Acdc is great. I have both WoZ and xmen LE on order. I want both. Nothing JJP is doing takes away from the fact that the last few stern games are "shotloads" of fun.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I disagree RGR, stern has survived this long, and do you seriously think they are gonna just throw in the towel? Competition breeds innovation, stern will just have to up their game and by playing acdc they are headed in the right direction. As long as fun games are produced they will be fine, if they start having a run of a few games that are duds they may get into trouble. The same can be said for JJP.

Well if pinball does not grow there aint room for 2 manufacturers in the market so given that JJP will clearly make a better product Stern most may have no choice but to shut up shop.

#58 11 years ago

:facepalm:

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Well if pinball does not grow there aint room for 2 manufacturers in the market so given that JJP will clearly make a better product Stern most may have no choice but to shut up shop.

This is definitely not clear. These are games. If stern games are more fun then those are the ones to get, regardless of how much time was put into painting artwork. Acdc, with Dmd as it stands, is enough to compete with anything JJP puts out. It's impressive. While not as impressive as WoZ, it's really fun with great flow.

#61 11 years ago

TRON LE is a masterpiece of a game.

I anticipate that WOZ will eventually also be a masterpiece of a game.

How do you differentiate between greatness and greatness? More importantly, why would you need to? Just enjoy them all for their greatness. Why does it have to be a Civil War?

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Why does it have to be a Civil War?

Because the weirdos don't get along with the weirdos !

Jim

#63 11 years ago

That's exactly how I feel gambit. I'm not understanding why stern and jjp can't coexist? If they both make fun games ill buy from both. I love having a choice now for new games though. In the next year I'll have bought 3 NIB machines from 3 different pinball companies. Pinball is back people, no need to bash any of the companies. The bottom line is if they make fun games that is what's gonna matter. We are seeing the late 90's all over again except this time it's looking as if pinball will survive and innovation is on the horizon. Good times people.

#64 11 years ago

From all the updates on the forums and seeing WOZ inn the flesh you cant deny that this will be a better quality game than any Stern ever made. Lol it aint hard to be.... Just have a look at the artwork on the cabinet, the LCD, the most powerful LEDs, the artwork, the side rails lockdown bar, legs... lol I think you guys know that this is going to be a great game, you just dont wanna admit that you have been led down the garden path by Stern since they were the only ones left in the game.

#65 11 years ago

We NEED them both to continue or one gets too comfortable!

#66 11 years ago

This is a WOZ thread lets do our best to keep it on topic. There are many ways to express excitement over WOZ without having to bash another pinball maker. Which usually brings about constant bickering back and forth to no end.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Because the weirdos don't get along with the weirdos

Yet, somehow, I had a good time with you this weekend.

#68 11 years ago

Is anyone else super excited that WOZ will be running Linux with internet connectivity ?

#69 11 years ago

Lets set the record straight here guys WOZ only has one ramp. I think it looks cool, but it definitley will not play like xmen; which I think will have a lot more flow and fast gameplay then WOZ
derek

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Is anyone else super excited that WOZ will be running Linux with internet connectivity ?

+ 1.......means an Android port can't be far behind. LOL

Seriously though, would love to see some NFC implementation. Walk up, tap your phone on the lockbar and the game gets credits, love it!

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

From all the updates on the forums and seeing WOZ inn the flesh you cant deny that this will be a better quality game than any Stern ever made. Lol it aint hard to be.... Just have a look at the artwork on the cabinet, the LCD, the most powerful LEDs, the artwork, the side rails lockdown bar, legs... lol I think you guys know that this is going to be a great game, you just dont wanna admit that you have been led down the garden path by Stern since they were the only ones left in the game.

This will also be a better quality game than any game Williams ever made. But that doesn't mean it will be the most fun. Your posts would hold a lot more weight if you left out the stern bashing. You're the one that started with how pissed all of us fools that bought acdc would be once WoZ came out. Then you're going on about how sterns days of doing business are numbered. You position it as though we all agree that Stern puts out nothing but crap. Most of us don't agree with any of this. Most of us think this is totally ridiculous. Stern has really stepped up their game and has some incredibly fun titles. I'll continue buying their games regardless what comes out from the competition. And if jjp games are good then I'll probably buy them, too.

But to be clear, I'd take a game with good sound, fast flowing plastic ramps that is fun over a game that weighs 60 pounds more, has an LCD, and has better side art. Hell, I wouldn't even care if the game that was more fun had no side art. These are not the things that make a good game.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

+ 1.......means an Android port can't be far behind. LOL

Seriously though, would love to see some NFC implementation. Walk up, tap your phone on the lockbar and the game gets credits, love it!

I agree NFC would be awesome but it really hasn't caught on here in the States yet.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Hell, I wouldn't even care if the game that was more fun had no side art. These are not the things that make a good game.

+1 on that.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from B9:

NO

#75 11 years ago

People just be glad we have 2 company's bringing out pins!
This has been different not so long ago. Pinball is making a comeback and i for one love this!
I have respect and love for both company's! And aslong good, fun games come from it, what's there to argue about? We the collector/players should be delirious with joy about this.
I can't wait what the future will bring!

#76 11 years ago

competition will, presumably, make all manufacturers more competitive.

#77 11 years ago

The future will bring...pain to my wallet!

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Lets set the record straight here guys WOZ only has one ramp. I think it looks cool, but it definitley will not play like xmen; which I think will have a lot more flow and fast gameplay then WOZ
derek

If they added another ramp on Woz would it be better than x-men?

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

People just be glad we have 2 company's bringing out pins!

Exactly. I'm not taking sides. Have a WOZ and X-Men on order. ACDC is a great pin. I hope both companies keep them coming.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

If they added another ramp on Woz would it be better than x-men?

Lol, I think he meant that the layout doesn't offer up much in the way of flow citing that there's only one ramp. Most shots in the game are terminal. I can say after playing the beta version at NW Pinball show, it does have more flow than I originally thought. But I do think xmen will move along much faster. They'll be different sorts of games.

#81 11 years ago

Does anyone know if the castle door opens on left upper play field?

#82 11 years ago

Does anyone know if the castle door opens on left upper play field?

maybe this answers your question

119.jpg119.jpg

#83 11 years ago

There are 3 motors for the castle doors

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yet, somehow, I had a good time with you this weekend.

Ha Ha, Back at you Kieth !

Jim

#85 11 years ago

There are 3 motors for the castle doors

Oh yeah, I found the picture showing the motors

144.jpg144.jpg

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I disagree RGR, stern has survived this long, and do you seriously think they are gonna just throw in the towel?

What do you mean "this long?" Stern has only been around since 1999.

From Sterns website: In 1999, Gary bought the business back from Sega and renamed it Stern Pinball, Inc.

If you consider anything pre 1999 as Stern then you have to give Jack credit for producing coin op machines already for years as well.

#87 11 years ago

The fact is that with Woz at least you are going to get more quality and value for the money....will the game be great, I believe it will be based on what I've seen..obviously need to log a lot of play time to tell but with Jack at the helm, Keith on the rules, Grannar and the rest of the team I don't really have any doubts......didn't have doubts last year when I put the $$ down in Feb. and don't have any now....

Because of JJ Stern has had to step up their game, Tron, TF, AC/DC and now Xmen....that's great for pinball....as a distributor of Stern previously, the reason JJ got into the business of making pins was due in large part to the low quality junk in some cases that Stern got used to churning out...

Woz will be innovative and great.........and I'm in for #2 and #3 and maybe a Stern if he makes a theme I like, Xmen doesn't do it for me, want to play it, not own it

#88 11 years ago

Please. You sound like crack heads. Just give me hit, I don't care the pipe is dirty.

Cabinet art is part of the charm and lure of a game. It is part of the attract mode. It draws you in. B/W had this going on. Nice art that fit a lot of themes. That is why I could not believe people would pay for the "proto" WPT in a black casket. If that was the case cabinet art would not be such a big part of restore.

Make stern jpop jj and all others work. Do the complete package at these new CQ prices.

#89 11 years ago

If it was all about just how the game plays, why have artwork on the playfield or plastics, and that pesky BG thing isn't necessary either A pinball machine is a package, all the parts need to be there, and then they have to combine to make a great game! I think this is the approach that JJP has taken, great attention to detail on every aspect, then bring it all together!!

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

A pinball machine is a package, all the parts need to be there, and then they have to combine to make a great game! I think this is the approach that JJP has taken, great attention to detail on every aspect, then bring it all together!!

I can't wait to see it with the music and LCD supporting a great rule set. The color changing LEDs look great so far.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I'm not sure that anyone that's played it so far would call WOZ "slow," but I may have missed some posts. Yes, true only one ramp you directly shoot, yet there are 4 different wireforms in the game. But I think we are probably more interested in actual pinball than "flowball" or "rampball" or "non-scoring-postball" or whatever.
Your comments remind me of something I found interesting though... you've been almost suspiciously quiet about AC/DC. What gives?

#92 11 years ago

I'm not sure that anyone that's played it so far would call WOZ "slow," but I may have missed some posts. Yes, true only one ramp you directly shoot, yet there are 4 different wireforms in the game. But I think we are probably more interested in actual pinball than "flowball" or "rampball" or "non-scoring-postball" or whatever.
Your comments remind me of something I found interesting though... you've been almost suspiciously quiet about AC/DC. What gives?

Keith, here is what he said about AC/DC:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/music-pin-trs-pro-vs-acdc-pro

He actually said that TRS is better

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Keith, here is what he said about AC/DC:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/music-pin-trs-pro-vs-acdc-pro

He actually said that TRS is better []

Ah, OK. I can't say I disagree with his assessment, personally, other than to say at least ACDC had some new code in it instead of being cut-and-pasted from the previous 8 games. But I completely understand where he's coming from.

#94 11 years ago

Ah, OK. I can't say I disagree with his assessment, personally, other than to say at least ACDC had some new code in it instead of being cut-and-pasted from the previous 8 games. But I completely understand where he's coming from.

LOL That is funny Keith.

I have not played either of TRS and AC/DC, so I do not have any opinion.

Regarding the hitting posts or ramps, I feel like I have one of each of those in my two pins. LOTR has tons of post and rattle shots and SM has tons of smooth feeding ramp shots that can become a little simplistic when you play it too often with almost no randomness in gameplay. LOTR has a fair amount of randomness in the ball rolls/bounces. I like both games for there diversity, especially comparing them to each other.
You would think that a totally new pinball player would prefer SM over LOTR, but I have found that almost all newbs that have played my pins like LOTR better.
I have a feeling that WOZECLE will be even more liked by the newbs that visit.

#95 11 years ago

other than to say at least ACDC had some new code in it instead of being cut-and-pasted from the previous 8 games.

Ouch!

#96 11 years ago

I guess the next question should be: is that from laziness from the programmers or is it from time limitations that Stern is putting on each game? Don't worry Keith, I do not expect you to answer that one. Any answer you give could hurt your relationships with other pinball industry people.
If I had to guess, I would guess it is a result of both. Programming has to get sort of monotonous if not given the proper inspiration and cannot be easy when you are being pressured by a boss that has/had financial problems.

#97 11 years ago

It's funny you guys make the claim the "team" will make sure the game is a "winner" or "Best ever"! Didn't the cast at JJP work at other defunct companies? These guys all have a history, good and bad. You can have a team of "Aces" and still drop a Deuce! We all love B/W and they died for good business reason.

#98 11 years ago

Implying that Sheats is a cut and paste programmer is inaccurate and pretty uncalled for IMO. He is one of the best out there if not the best. To each their own I guess..

Quoted from DCFAN:

You would think that a totally new pinball player would prefer SM over LOTR, but I have found that almost all newbs that have played my pins like LOTR better.

I have had many new pin players come by get absolutely addicted to playing SM. Don't get me wrong I love me some LOTR but as far as flow and all out fun go SM is King for me.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

It's funny you guys make the claim the "team" will make sure the game is a "winner" or "Best ever"! Didn't the cast at JJP work at other defunct companies? These guys all have a history, good and bad. You can have a team of "Aces" and still drop a Deuce! We all love B/W and they died for good business reason.

B/W closed shop because there was a lull in pinball and B/W saw that they could make easy money in slots, and pinball was only going to provide small profits in comparison. Stern thankfully stepped in and kept the pinball business active. Now there is obviously even more interest and there should be enough business in the near future for both Stern and JJP to co-exist.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Implying that Sheats is a cut and paste programmer is inaccurate and pretty uncalled for IMO. He is one of the best out there.

I don't see where I did that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-at-nw-pinball-show/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.