10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballSTAR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

In addition to the game, I have to comment on PinballSTAR. I met Joe at the booth and what a great guy. He explained the game to me, he always had a smile, and he answered all questions. Seems like a quality family run business. If (and more likely when) I finally put my order it, it will be with PinballSTAR. Just a first rate operation and I suggest that if you are interested in a JJ machine, you give them a call.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff -

WOW - Thanks so much for the kind words ! I enjoyed meeting you and everyone else. We are collectors ourselves first and foremost so the chance to meet new friends in the hobby is a great bonus to the business side of the hobby.

The show went over very well for us - 3 WOZ games enjoyed by everyone.

I really had a great time standing next to the machines guiding people to the rules and what to shoot for and what would happen if they achieved certain things. It was fun to see them realize the rules (even at this unfinished stage) are really fun.

We sold a lot of Invisiglass at our special price we ran with JJP of $ 295 1st sheet and 2nd at 1/2 off - essentially $ 450 for 2 sheets standard OR wide. It was great to have alot of people come back for more after their previous purchases or all the first timers who were excited about it after seeing it on the games there.

I haven't tallied up the amounts yet - but also did get some nice donations both at our booth and at the tournament area in our donation jars for our PinballSTAR charity - where we are donation a portion of every game sale to a fund to buy and donate a WOZ (hopefully many as time goes on) to a Children's Hospital. I will figure all that out in the next day or so and post a thread with the results of Allentown sales and donations and also our current total. Prior to Allentown we were at about $ 3,000 !

We hope everyone enjoyed the free tshirt giveaway for those at the door Friday AM and the WOZ trading cards we had made up as an entry giveaway as you walked in ! Just some extra little bonus's for those who supported the show by coming !

I have to put a few thank yous out there for some folks who made the show a great success for us at our booth :

1. Ivan for putting on the show and expanding it to what it is today. It's alot of work to put on a show and I hope everyone thanked him for his efforts when they saw him. The staff at the show too was phenomenal from the ladies at the front
2. Chris from Lehigh Valley Expo for the great job in decorating our booth in emerald green carpet and our yellow curtains. I wanted to jazz up the booth so it was nice looking for everyone and was a good display for the great looking WOZ game.
3. Jack and the JJP staff who helped all weekend - Especially Larry and Alex who were willing to drop whatever they were doing to look at the games if they needed attention and to answer any questions. Also to Mark and Lorenzo at Pinnovators for putting the subwoofer on one game and the headphones so everyone could experience thier coin door headphone kit and subwoofer upgrade - they sounded great !
4. Steve at RockFantasy who ran the tournament. We donated some Ipods as prizes and in exchange Steve dontated a portion of the entry fees for Friday and had donation jars out there for contributions to our WOZ Children's Hospital charity fund ! We look forward to supporting the tournament again next year.
5. Paul from Virtuapin.net - How about that quality machine he brought for our booth ? Everyone loved it. The little mini-cabinet in the back of the booth was also a HUGE hit - everyone loved it - we were pleasantly surprised. We did get that machine to Andy who runs the Sandy Hook Arcade in CT - where the school shootings were - it's going there in that arcade Andy started to help the community heal. PinballSTAR donated our cut and Paul took an enormous amount off the price due to the cause to work with what they had available for purchases at the show. Hats off to both those guys - I'm glad it went there to be enjoyed by the kids !
6. Oh and we hope you didn't forget to tip your bathroom attendants ! LOL

Our phone has been busy today with inquiries and orders from more who are looking to buy the WOZ after seeing it in person and realizing what a quality machine it is. The rules are coming along great and alot of people commented on that as well.

If interested - please call or email us :
Wizard of Oz $ 7,000 / $ 7,300 with shaker motor and invisiglass ($ 200 discount from PinballSTAR)
Optional wooden apron also available for $ 75.
Just $ 500 down or whatever you want to put down is required to secure your spot in line AND we are not requiring any formal payment plan - Pay us what you can when you can each month until the game is paid off before shipping ! We're very flexible on the payments !

The Hobbit : $ 7,500 - Current due down $ 1,500 / next payment is 5/15 of $ 1,500 then payments every few months until paid in full in 2014. The price will be going up at some point soon to $ 8,000 so if you want it don't delay.

We also have Playfields $ 500, Backglasses $ 329, Translights $ 75 (all signed by Jersey Jack) and the Invisiglass also.

Finally, check out our Facebook page - go there and LIKE us - we post alot of WOZ updates and JJP news there and over the next day or two we'll be posting some new video of the latest software 1.04 we got at the show - New animations, modes, etc... LIKE us - Keyword 'PinballSTAR Amusements' to get the update feeds as they happen.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballSTAR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-at-allentown?tu=PinballSTAR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.