• Latest reply 10 years ago by StevenP
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I'd like to be ready to install the latest software. I found 1.24 on the JJP website, but I'm seeing lots of talk about 1.25... Is that the "Delta Updates" I saw on the same page? Any tips on the update process? I'd like to have all my ducks in a line by the time the machine is set up, so I can get playing with the latest code ASAP. Any tips would be appreciated. Happy New Year everybody!

#2 10 years ago

1.24 is a full install, 1.25 can be added after that, it is a delta install.

When you get your game powered up, hit the ENTER diagnostic button and look at the lower right corner of your game, that will let you know what version is currently in your game.

Here is the download page for updates and or current manual -

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/

Full system install - directions here -

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/view?faqId=9

Once you have 1.24 in your game, then you can install 1.25 which is a Delta Install, a little different, instructions on a pull down menu here under frequently asked questions, programming software, use the Delta Update instructions.

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/

When you download the 1.24, it can take a good ten minutes or more to load on the memory stick, if it stops at about 24, it isn't stuck, it is going, some of the files are big. When you do the full system install in your game, it takes similar time to load.

The Delta updates goes in faster, about 15 seconds. here is Daniel Tonks video on how to do the Delta Update

http://www.pinplay.com/12/woz_video_tutorial_delta_updates.html

When you are done, anytime you do a full system install, you may want to calibrate the spinning house, here is a nice video that show how to do that from Daniel Tonks

http://www.pinplay.com/8/woz_video_tutorial_how_to_calibrate_dorothys_house.html

At the bottom of Daniel's page are other helpful WOZ tips.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Could you be a little more specific please?? Ha.

Thanks so much!

#4 10 years ago

Lloyd (and Daniel), great information on the house calibration. Two minutes of effort and it is a much better toy now.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Could you be a little more specific please??

#6 10 years ago

That was too specific!

#7 10 years ago

Hmmm... Doesn't seem to be working. Software was 1.23. When I restart with USB in... Nothing happens. No update occurs.

#8 10 years ago

Trying to put the ISO file on the thumb drive again. I'm using a Mac, so the toggle button on unetbootin is a little unclear. USB is selected, but the next button says something like "dev7/dev". I can't remember now, but I was not able to change it in any way. Starting the process started the extracting etc, and it's currently hanging on 24 again. I will see where this takes me.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Starting the process started the extracting etc, and it's currently hanging on 24 again. I will see where this takes me.

It can seem stuck on 24 for 10 minutes or so.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Hmmm... Doesn't seem to be working. Software was 1.23. When I restart with USB in... Nothing happens. No update occurs.

Be sure you formatted memory stick. Open unetbootin, then in that open 1.24 and follow the instructions to put on memory stick.

It is possible to have a bad memory stick. One person mailed me one to load for him and I couldn't get it to work so I loaned him one of mine which he did mail back.

I've been using PYN 8GB memory sticks.

#11 10 years ago

Trying a different usb drive now. The first one showed no errors. Followed all instructions. Seems to be writing files to the correct place. Is doing so again on this new drive. I'll let you know how it goes.

#12 10 years ago

You were right. The USB cable was no properly connected in the back of the box. Sort of a tricky spot to find actually. Got it now. Updated. Now how the heck do I get this lock bar back on??!!! Am I doing something wrong?? This is my 5th pin. I can't imagine I'm not doing it right. Must be a trick to it though.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Now how the heck do I get this lock bar back on??!!! Am I doing something wrong??

Mine can be a little finicky. There are times I need to lift the handle a bit.

There are two screws on top of the receiver the lockdown bar legs go into. If you turn them you lower or raise the lever inside that hooks into the notches on the legs of the lockdown bar.

If you have the playfield up and leaning back, put the lockdown bar on and look in there and you can see the part that moves with the handle and if it needs to be higher or lower.

#14 10 years ago

That did the trick. Finicky still, but I got it locked. Thanks so much!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 10 years ago

Updated and running. First game crashed during a last ball Multiball... No idea why. Hasn't happened since. I'm going to try to address the Witch Switch issue I saw in another thread, as my shot doesn't seem to be registering either.

Other than not having a clue what's happening in the game... It's pretty fun so far! Love the Witch messing with flippers. Very cool game mechanic. Lots of fun.

#16 10 years ago

Holy moly. Daniels video was great re house calibration. Thanks for the link Lloyd. I was fiddling with mine (the house) the other day and bumbled through it, now I know what I was supposed to be doing!

#17 10 years ago

I wanted to adjust the left outlane in because it seems the ball drains there a LOT, but found that the easier position is sort of blocked by the metal side rail of the outlane. Am I supposed to use a different post, and rubber set in order to use this alternate outlane spot??? I got the post in there, but it's REALLY jammed in against the metal rail. The rail is pinching the rubber bumper to the point where I imagine it won't last long. Pics to follow.

#19 10 years ago

Hey Maple, I vaguely remember adjusting mine as well after the first day. I think the rubber on the top of the post was tight but I went ahead with it anyway. It really shouldnt hurt it, mine has been that way since August.

#20 10 years ago

Two holes for the post, two for the metal wall. Move the wall first.

#21 10 years ago

I moved the wall, but it's not quite as nice, as it doesn't really line up with the plastic anymore... So many decisions!!

#22 10 years ago

Changing outlanes to make the game more easy will never make you a better player
You only had it for a day or two, wait a while and try to learn the machine.

#23 10 years ago

Some have bent the lane guide outward slightly with needlenose pliers in order to create space for the rubber ring.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Some have bent the lane guide outward slightly with needlenose pliers in order to create space for the rubber ring.

When there is an extra hole there to move the lane guide ?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Changing outlanes to make the game more easy will never make you a better player

It would be tough for me to be a better player than I already am... kidding. My biggest problem is the left drain leads to "There's No Place Like Home", which is a boring 4 step arduous ball save that's not much fun. I want that to happen less. I'v been playing for 30 years, I get it. I also have 2 boys 11, and 14 who I want to enjoy the games as well. Easier outlines seem to make the games more fun for everybody in MY home. I know it's not right for everybody. Perfect for me though.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It would be tough for me to be a better player than I already am... kidding. My biggest problem is the left drain leads to "There's No Place Like Home", which is a boring 4 step arduous ball save that's not much fun. I want that to happen less. I'v been playing for 30 years, I get it. I also have 2 boys 11, and 14 who I want to enjoy the games as well. Easier outlines seem to make the games more fun for everybody in MY home. I know it's not right for everybody. Perfect for me though.

Try a rubber ring (5/16 I think) on the post on the right side of the outlane. Works like a charm.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Try a rubber ring (5/16 I think) on the post on the right side of the outlane. Works like a charm.

Thanks. Cheers.

#28 10 years ago

I left mine like this; no problems at all. (Also did it early, before I knew about a 2nd hole for the lane guide, and feel no need to switch it now!)

Quoted from gambit:

Have you played WOZ a lot, or is this just armchair quarterbacking? I'm a pretty darned good player, and I moved my lane guide in. The left side is kind of a drain monster in the open setting; in the 'easier' setting it has a good balance of drains and action. It makes for a better-balanced experience IMO. And, FWIW, it reduces the amount of frustratingly fast drains for the various pinball novices who play my WOZ here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-arriving-tomorrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.