View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.13.39_AM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.13.03_AM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.06.50_AM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_8.06.50_AM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_8.04.11_AM_(resized).png
E-7_(resized).jpg
E-6_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Ok, I have seen this before, but can't find it. Can someone point me to the thread/post that has the update process for WoZ using a Mac?

Thanks!

#7 8 years ago

Thanks all, guess I could have started with the manual

#8 8 years ago

I must be missing some step.

Here is what I did.

First I fired up the Unetbootin application. I configured screen per image.

Then I turned off my WoZ. Then I turned the machine on. I thought it was supposed to auto-update. It just went right into the game.

Next I tried selecting the USB Update via the menu. Same result.

What am I doing wrong?

Dave

Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_8.04.11_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_8.04.11_AM_(resized).png

#9 8 years ago

Here is what the USB file contents looked like once I completed the Unetbootin step.

Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_8.06.50_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_8.06.50_AM_(resized).png

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Did you click on the "..." box?

Yes. That is how I navigated to where the ISO file was.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Are you sure you downloaded the full file? I had to try downloading 3-4 times before I actually had the correct full file. It quit at random times for no reason. The full file size is around 3.21 GB I think. The only complaint I have about the entire process is the distribution system is.....lacking and unreliable. Server(s) could have been overloaded when I attempted to DL to be fair. Also make sure the USB drive you have is formatted and clean of other stuff. Especially old ISO files from previous updates. One other thing I noticed is the usb dongle you plug it into in the pin is pretty snug. I had to plug in and remove several times before the system would recognize it was plugged in. If you have a light on your USB drive plug it into the machine while its booted up and make sure the light on the stick comes on. That way you will at least know your drive is being recognized.

I will try downloading it again. Here is an image of the file in the download folder:

Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.06.50_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.06.50_AM_(resized).png

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's what the USB should look like. Turn the game off, insert the usb stick, and boot the game with it.

Yep, I put the USB in when the machine was off. Turned machine on. Then it seemed to bypass the USB all together.

Quick question.....does the USB need to be formatted any certain way? Or does the ISO image utility take care of that for me?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

make sure to check the md5 once you have downloaded the file. i did this on my macpro. open terminal. type in md5 "copy the downloaded file" and hit enter. it will return the number for you. it needs to match the one on the JJP website. the first two times i downloaded the file from JJP it did not download properly. i would guess that this is your issue.
this is from cnet website

Here are the results....

Seems like a match.

Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.13.03_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.13.03_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.13.39_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_9.13.39_AM_(resized).png

#21 8 years ago

Quick update. I had formatted the USB using Exfat (Fat32 wasn't an option on the MAC). That doesn't work.

Went back to a Windows machine and formatted Fat32 and all went perfect.

Thanks all for your help!

Dave

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i format the usb stick to FAT32 then run the utility. does your usb drive have a light on it? just asking to see if the usb extension cable is plugged into the back of the computer or not.

Quick note of thanks. It was your post that rattled my brain on the fact that it may be a formatting issue. Although I still don't know why Exfat didn't work. It is supposed to be more robust than FAT32.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-applemac-update-process?tu=iamabearsfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.