12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

toto-africa.jpg
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

This game reminds me of something

Man that post gave me a headache,relax and embrace everything pinball,now exhale.

#52 12 years ago

I thought it was awesome... Almost "Wizman" status for sure!
Keith was very calm, wasn't he?

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

hooch333 said:

OOhhh, and the K.A.N.S.A.S Kwiki -'Pop'- drain..........."Thank you,come again...DING"! They should have had it spell A.S.S.A.N.I.N.E.I.D.E.A. Who among us wants to prolong a freakin' ball drain...Doh!......FAIL!
Yeah, no good ideas will come out of that stupid setup at all.

I for one want to prolong a freakin' ball drain. I am anxious to see the ruleset regarding this innovative feature.(Maybe a ball save involved) I also find it ironic that a person can bag on a design for being unoriginal and then complain about its' originality in the same argument. How dare JJP have a unique ball drain feature?
I bought a TSPP NIB and love the game, but was not happy with the build quality in comparison to my TZ. Unfortunately, I didn't have the cash to preorder WOZ, but am excited about this pin.

#54 12 years ago

WOZ is shaping up to be a classic. Not a theme for me but looking forward to play it. Already the build quality looks so so different to modern Sterns.

I just hope that they get a superb theme for pin number 2 .........some tips maybe? The best unlicensed games of all time are works of art, they are fun to play, and they all have laugh out loud moments. Also there is usually a sexy female somewhere in the game, on the game, call outs etc.

So look at AFM, MM, SS, CV, TOM etc for inspiration.......I soooo want to be on the pre-order list for number 2

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

so is there any credible word on when the pins will hit the street? I can't keep track of all the delays...

Did you ever find a source of the delays you keep hearing about or are you going to keep throwing that out there hoping to start a rumor? I have been following all the updates and it has been on schedule the entire time.

#56 12 years ago

Thanks Keith for clarifying this. As a TSPP owner I almost got a little worried there that I was going to get the same game with just a different theme... NOT

Actually, I'm so looking forward to playing WOZ, it's uncanny. So stop reacting to stupid posts and get back to work, Keith!

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from robin:

So stop reacting to stupid posts and get back to work, Keith!

LMFAO!!!!

#58 12 years ago

Glad I could make you laugh, you seemed so upset yesterday!

I'm gonna enjoy putting that WOZ right next to my TSPP and be damn proud of it too!

#59 12 years ago

Hopefully they read these forums

LMFAO again!

#60 12 years ago

hooch333 said:This game reminds me of something I have seen before....hhmmmmm?
Oh yeah......WOS (Wizard of Springfield)
I look forward to your excellent and undoubtedly forthcoming dissertations on all the other games over the years that have resemblances to each other. Perhaps you can work on AC/DC vs T2 next?
hooch333 said:- Wicked witch = Comic book guy
Because an interactive toy is exactly the same as a big plastic one with a standup underneath it, right?
hooch333 said:- Evil tree bumpers = Nuclear tower bumpers
Man I didn't know we were the first to put bumpers on the left side of the playfield before! I need to play more pinball!
hooch333 said:- Wizard hole under right PF flipper = Itcy and Scratchy hole right under Flipper on right side of PF
I don't know if you noticed, but there's no drop targets in front of the wizard hole.
hooch333 said:- Left top Witches castle upper playfield = left top Living room upper playfield
Yup, those are identical. Play exactly the same. 3 targets, 2 shots, and 2 flippers vs 6 targets, 1 shot, 1 interactive toy (well kinda more than that in a way), and 1 flipper. Got me there.
hooch333 said:- Right PF flipper shoot through (barts treehouse) up to upper playfield.
I have no idea what you are talking about here.
hooch333 said:- Gaurd drop target (garage door) leading to upper playfield.
Well, missed shots for the "gaurd" target don't drain into the left orbit.
hooch333 said:- Dorthey house exit ramp feeds left flipper = Moes tavern exit ramp feeds left flipper
Hm, I see your point. A ramp that feeds the ball back to the left flipper is the same as a ramp that feeds a ball to the left flipper, an upper playfield, and locks balls.
hooch333 said:- Left shot through trees(nuclear towers) to outer (cletus)loop exiting at flipper midway down right side of PF
ProTip: TAF does this too. I guess TSPP is a TAF ripoff, eh?
hooch333 said:- Exit witches castle (living room)across wire ramp (monorail) to right flipper
Well there's only so many places that ball can go. I kind of like the fact it winds through the bumpers instead of just a straight shot to the right.
hooch333 said:- Oh let me guess...multiball up in witches castle (couch)
Yeah, I plan on those rules being exactly the same.
hooch333 said:- And a cute little (MM catapult) feeding left flipper next to the crystal ball on the middle left PF
A u-turn to a popper that is fed from 2 different places is the same as MM's catapult? Riiiiiiiiight.
hooch333 said:I'm sure I have just been playing my TSPP too much lately!
Rest assured that, despite the tone of this post, Joe and I are glad you like it.
hooch333 said:Oh and I just wuv those wooby thlippers.........NOT!.......that there's anything wrong with that! Are we traveling down the yellow brick road or the hershey highway?!
That reference is lost on me, but I did have kind of a sheltered childhood.
hooch333 said:Jersey Joke Pinball is going to be laughing all the way to the bank with their hilarious price tag.
To be absolutely sure, is that more or less laughing than Stern will be doing with AC/DC?
hooch333 said:If they are going to **** The Simpsons, please give Homer a kiss.
Most of the time when designers' playfields are similar, people call it "evolution" or something similar. Williams did call LW3 "stealing" but it wasn't proved in court, a fact Gary Stern is absolutely proud of.
hooch333 said:At least they nailed one part of the theme already....after all this time we can clearly see behind the Wizard's curtain, and it is a fraud!
Are you saying we're not building the game?
hooch333 said:Everyone else can line up for this pin. I'll just buy a Daredevil Bart super bright sequined sneaker mod and save my 6000 dollars for a shopped W20!
Congratulations!
hooch333 said:OOhhh, and the K.A.N.S.A.S Kwiki -'Pop'- drain..........."Thank you,come again...DING"! They should have had it spell A.S.S.A.N.I.N.E.I.D.E.A. Who among us wants to prolong a freakin' ball drain...Doh!......FAIL!
Yeah, no good ideas will come out of that stupid setup at all.
hooch333 said:Hopefully they read these forums like politicians watch polls, and change with public opinion.
ProTip #2: Don't count on it.
hooch333 said:I wonder if all the Stern haters panties will be in a twist, when they realize they are buying a blatant Stern Ripoff!
So, even if I accepted the fact that WOZ is a "ripoff" of TSPP (which I do not), can you really ripoff yourself? Guess I'd like to hear your opinion on LOTR vs Sopranos, a very famous controversy, too.

Yikes, a little defensive don't you think. Tough to discard the similarities.

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Yikes, a little defensive don't you think. Tough to discard the similarities.

Well, considering hoch333 is commenting on a game he has never played or seen for that matter, I think Keith was showing restraint.

I mean, if all he is going on is a white wood and shot similarities, where are all his comments regarding every Gomez game ever produced (See LotR + Sopranos, MB + TF)? How about Pat Lawlor (WW, FH, TAF)?

"Good grief! It has flippers and a ball! Come up with something new why don't ya?"

Designers will always 'Go to the well' of what works. I think that is obvious in every industry. You produce what consumers like, or you don't stay in business long. I mean, if that wasn't the case, Apple would have gone bankrupt a decade ago.

If that was my game that I was pouring my sweat and tears into, I think my comment to him would have been "Hey, I don't go down to the docks and slap the sailors c*#ks out of your mouth while you're working, do I?". But Keith is probably a nicer guy than me.

#62 12 years ago

Pinball is a game that takes place in a box that hasn't changed dimensions in how long? Its almost impossible to not see similarities between games at this point. I see some similarities between woz and tspp but they are clearly not the same imo. It has to be one hell of a game to carry a license like WOZ though! lol

#63 12 years ago

Lalalalalaaaa
Cannot wait to shoot a video of a good play of WoZ after unboxing and post it on YouTube, laughing about silly small people and enjoying the game, screaming random words like Keith and Jack because I have used words like OMG, Ohhh, Ahhh, I love it, WOW and Fantastic already dozens of time that night!

#64 12 years ago

I cannot wait until this comes out, Stern's games have all been nearly recycled from their previous games. Unfortunately I can't even come close to affording a WOZ, anyone know of anywhere in MN that this will be? The usual spots don't seem to be getting it, LTG?

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from robin:

So stop reacting to stupid posts and get back to work, Keith!

Compiling.

#66 12 years ago

Somebody mentioned box dimensions....That alone puts WOZ and TSPP in two different places completly.

WOZ=Widebody - TSPP = standard width.

If you want to see layouts that are the same, compare the lower flipper layouts from every pin made for the last 25 or so years. They are all in the same place. My son always asks me why nobody puts four flippers at the bottom or anything like Gottlieb used to do. He likes the different layouts on the Xbox. He is a pinhead but plays them on there to see different pins.

My answer to him on why they do not do that is that the same people that complain about the similarities between layouts would complain if you changed them too much. they would complain if they were together and flipped out. Basically they would complain about everything so people that are actually looking for a different PF layout get the shaft.

#67 12 years ago

Keep up the good work Keith,The majority here are excited to see WOZ!!

#68 12 years ago

Buying this man the drink of his choice when I meet him!

Quoted from absocountry2:

If you want to see layouts that are the same, compare the lower flipper layouts from every pin made for the last 25 or so years. They are all in the same place

Seriously. It is similar to making movies, no? How many themes are there? 6 or 7? They are all essentially the same theme told slightly differently.

I am surprised with the limitations of a play field that so many compelling games have EVER been created. Even with the them essentially being "keep this ball bearing in play with these little bats to make the ball do what you want it to" they still keep making them unique.

Thanks to Stern for carrying the torch for the better part of a decade and thanks to JJ for bringing out some competition. Let the great games begin....

#69 12 years ago

Is anyone going to point out that both of these games use silver colored ball bearings and tabulate a score based on accuracy of shots? Man... it's like they are exactly the same.

(I also feel bad that I didn't pre-order at the lower price)

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

+1!
If you are ever in CA for an Expo, you drink for free!*

*Two drink maximum per day... Not valid on days that end in "Y".

#71 12 years ago

WOW. (sorry terrable I had to do it)

Quoted from NimblePin:

*Two drink maximum per day... Not valid on days that end in "Y".

I hope your not talking about the free happy hour at Pacific Pin hotel bar. I saw Gomez and Stern all over that at the last one.

#72 12 years ago

Interesting read..... I wish I were to be fortunate enough to be a WOZ owner in the near future, I am so looking foward to play one.

Pinball is fantastic and anybody who wants to share and be part of this crazy game no matter how big or small their contibution is, well...... they must be fantastic too!!!

On WOZ, it is the LCD screen that fascinates my thoughts a lot, the possibilities of it are endless.

Good luck to the JJP team, though I really doubt they need it, I see a successful future for them.

Pinball Keefer..... WOW...... have we met????

Talking of similarities, I think that JM has some with TF.... don't get me wrong I'm not knocking George G, I just look at TF and it reminds me of Johnny, I sure they don't play anything like each other.

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from bugray:

Talking of similarities, I think that JM has some with TF.... don't get me wrong I'm not knocking George G, I just look at TF and it reminds me of Johnny, I sure they don't play anything like each other.

The ramps on TF, particularly the Pro version, are indeed very similar to JM.

#74 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Sweet. I don't drink very often/much at all, so when I do, I tend to make it count. I'll take a Louis XIII, neat of course.

Quoted from bugray:

Pinball Keefer..... WOW...... have we met????

Don't know? I'm around at quite a few places. Next place I'm planning on being for sure is Pinburgh, but it's quite likely I'll wind up at something before then as well.

#75 12 years ago

Sorry I started this thread.

When does this pin come out?

#76 12 years ago
Quoted from bugray:

On WOZ, it is the LCD screen that fascinates my thoughts a lot, the possibilities of it are endless.

My thoughts exactly

#77 12 years ago

The_Gorilla said:Buying this man the drink of his choice when I meet him!
Sweet. I don't drink very often/much at all, so when I do, I tend to make it count. I'll take a Louis XIII, neat of course.

"I don't always drink beer. But when I do, I prefer... Dorothy's Delectable Draft!"

#78 12 years ago

The good thing with competition is that it brings out the best. JJP by even announcing a pin has caused Stern to step up their game. Stern's business model was cheapening Bills of Materials (BOM) on a dying market. They did what they feel they had to do to keep the doors open.

JJP announces their pin, Gary takes notes (literally), and hires back designers, targets the collectors, talks about innovation, and increases their BOM.

I have listened to Jack, and even though I am not buying a WOZ, his passion during his presentation leads me to believe he will deliver a pin that he is proud of.

Stern vs. JJP is only a good thing for pinball. Only real winners are the players.

#80 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I am surprised with the limitations of a play field that so many compelling games have EVER been created.

That is a very good point.

#81 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

My inexperienced little mind had to look it up...

I'm surprised you had to T_G! After all it has "extraordinary aromas of BANANA, guava and fig"...
Way to swing for the fences Keith!
That'll curb T_G's "Pin-Buying", for at least a month or two! HA!

#82 12 years ago

Being able to type such a long reply while your computer is compiling means either a) your computer is incredibly slow b) WOZ software is gonna be incredible and deep

#83 12 years ago

Sometimes, with all the experience of all the people creating a new product a few glitches can pop up. Again, I've seen it several times with new model years of cars. I understand the experience of each of the people involved, but all of them are working together with a new manufacturing company for the first time. I don't think JJ would purposely manufacture a poor quality machine, but would unexpected problems crop up or be missed? Possibly. That said, I hope WOZ is spectacular and exceeds our expectations in every way... and possibly reinvigorates a waning industry.

#84 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Way to swing for the fences Keith!

Heh don't take me too seriously. The average price from a bar is around $100 for 1oz. I did have one once and it was pretty amazing I have to say. Of course this presupposes you're into cognac. The most expensive liquor I've bought a bottle of was 150 Year Grand Marnier. That is really good too.

Quoted from robin:

Being able to type such a long reply while your computer is compiling means either a) your computer is incredibly slow b) WOZ software is gonna be incredible and deep

Well, mostly it was a famous xkcd reference.

#85 12 years ago

Wow was I wrong! Last night I actually got around to looking at the videos that JJP has on the web, and discovered they are not the "fly-by-night" pinball company I thought they were. They have assembled some of the best talent in the business. Then I looked up "Keith and Joe", on the IPDB and discover that they have designed most of the games I love to play......Doh!.....Thaaaat's just wonderful!....so even though the year is young, I think i have cornered the forums on "worst post ever"! Robin was right don't pay attention to stupid posts.

To the whole team at JJP, and especially Keith, I was wrong, and I am sorry. I hope you turn the pinball world upside down.

#86 12 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Wow was I wrong! Last night I actually got around to looking at the videos that JJP has on the web, and discovered they are not the "fly-by-night" pinball company I thought they were. They have assembled some of the best talent in the business. Then I looked up "Keith and Joe", on the IPDB and discover that they have designed most of the games I love to play......Doh!.....Thaaaat's just wonderful!....so even though the year is young, I think i have cornered the forums on "worst post ever"! Robin was right don't pay attention to stupid posts.

To the whole team at JJP, and especially Keith, I was wrong, and I am sorry. I hope you turn the pinball world upside down.

Good for you Hooch

#87 12 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Now you know what all the excitement is all about We all make fools of ourselves and say stupid things!

#88 12 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Wow was I wrong!

hooch333, the world would be a much better place if more of us had the guts to admit our mistakes. Well done sir and welcome to the Yellow Brick Road.

#89 12 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Thanks hooch, no problem. We will.

#90 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

hooch333, the world would be a much better place if more of us had the guts to admit our mistakes.

I 100% agree! Thanks for changing your mind about this, Hooch!

#91 12 years ago

LOL! And ACDC looks like T2!

But seriously, there are only so many layouts to be done,
there will always be similarities...and conspiracy theories.

Stop listening to the space aliens! They don't good pinball when they see it!

Bob C

Quoted from hooch333:

This game reminds me of something I have seen before....hhmmmmm?
Oh yeah......WOS (Wizard of Springfield)
- Wicked witch = Comic book guy
- Evil tree bumpers = Nuclear tower bumpers
- Wizard hole under right PF flipper = Itcy and Scratchy hole right under Flipper on right side of PF
- Left top Witches castle upper playfield = left top Living room upper playfield
- Right PF flipper shoot through (barts treehouse) up to upper playfield.
- Gaurd drop target (garage door) leading to upper playfield.
- Dorthey house exit ramp feeds left flipper = Moes tavern exit ramp feeds left flipper
- Left shot through trees(nuclear towers) to outer (cletus)loop exiting at flipper midway down right side of PF
- Exit witches castle (living room)across wire ramp (monorail) to right flipper
- Oh let me guess...multiball up in witches castle (couch)
- And a cute little (MM catapult) feeding left flipper next to the crystal ball on the middle left PF
I'm sure I have just been playing my TSPP too much lately!
Oh and I just wuv those wooby thlippers.........NOT!.......that there's anything wrong with that! Are we traveling down the yellow brick road or the hershey highway?!
Jersey Joke Pinball is going to be laughing all the way to the bank with their hilarious price tag. If they are going to **** The Simpsons, please give Homer a kiss. At least they nailed one part of the theme already....after all this time we can clearly see behind the Wizard's curtain, and it is a fraud!
Everyone else can line up for this pin. I'll just buy a Daredevil Bart super bright sequined sneaker mod and save my 6000 dollars for a shopped W20!
OOhhh, and the K.A.N.S.A.S Kwiki -'Pop'- drain..........."Thank you,come again...DING"! They should have had it spell A.S.S.A.N.I.N.E.I.D.E.A. Who among us wants to prolong a freakin' ball drain...Doh!......FAIL!
Hopefully they read these forums like politicians watch polls, and change with public opinion.
I wonder if all the Stern haters panties will be in a twist, when they realize they are buying a blatant Stern Ripoff!

#92 12 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Last night I actually got around to looking at the videos that JJP has on the web, and discovered they are not the "fly-by-night" pinball company I thought they were. They have assembled some of the best talent in the business.

Not only does he have some of the best people in pinball, he has already been manufacturing redemption machines for years. He knows what it takes to manufacture the pins as well. There are not many people that could put this off, JJP is one of the few that could make it happen.

I was everybody did the research like you. There are a lot of people that just throw there ideas around and never back them up. Bravo to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-and-jersey-jack-etc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.