h10B21C29.jpg
th-10.jpeg
pic6.jpg
pic5.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg
There are 249 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nuked from orbit by the mod squad earlier today me'sa thinks.

Link? He was one of the best posters on here. Whenever I read his stuff, I always pictured Samual A. Jackson saying it because of his avatar.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

No problem Binks

Love the name of the image you attached.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Can we please get back to being happy about the great WOZ info?

You guys are killin my buzz.....

Congrats to all WOZ owners- it looks like it will be a great pin and it looks like people will be playing one soon.

#104 11 years ago

THAT is the NP that we know and love!

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Link? He was one of the best posters on here. Whenever I read his stuff, I always pictured Samual A. Jackson saying it because of his Avatar.

Indeed. Surly as hell, but usually on point. That's what made him great!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abso-will-you-go-to-prom-with-me

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Congrats to all WOZ owners- it looks like it will be a great pin and it looks like people will be playing one soon.

Thanks Jim, it will be fun for me, don't know about anyone else! But I like everything...

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Seriously, didn't mean anything other than I thought your post was ironic. Please, do not take it in any other way. Sorry.
Plus, I really don't think Alex was using it to slam Jim.

I wasn't. Have no desire to slam anyone. I'm entirely too busy for BS

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm doubting that it is a life sentence. Just can't be.

I'm really surprised that you don't talk in JarJar speak more often, considering your user name and all...

Pretty sure it is. A temp ban says "Temporary". "Retired Pinsider" is a full on ban. You can't even find their names in the directory anymore.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pretty sure it is. A temp ban says "Temporary". "Retired Pinsider" is a full on ban. You can't even find their names in the directory anymore.

Yep. Even his "Am I banned" thread has been removed & launched into space.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wow.......well, I guess G will have a lot more time to simply play pinball...maybe not so bad..

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks Jim, it will be fun for me, don't know about anyone else! But I like everything...

It will definitely be a pinball machine. No doubts there!

#112 11 years ago

Maybe Gambit can come back as "HabitualLineStepper" next time!

Just kidding Gamb, I already miss Jules' saucy stare...

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That is my understanding as well.

However, he was not told that it was a permanent ban last I heard.

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Indeed. Surly as hell, but usually on point. That's what made him great!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abso-will-you-go-to-prom-with-me

Just read the post, looks like a 1 week ban, not a full time ban.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

I wasn't. Have no desire to slam anyone. I'm entirely too busy for BS

That's the problem with emails/posts it is hard to get a read on what people mean. Sarcasm, ribbing- or whatever happens, things can get taken the wrong way, which I think was the case here.

Hobby is too small- hopefully someday you and Jim will actually meet in person and clear the air.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

hopefully someday you and Jim will actually meet in person and clear the air.

A few refreshing beverages are often a big help.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Just read the post, looks like a 1 week ban, not a full time ban.

Let's hope so. Seems strange that he shows up as "Retired Pinsider", but maybe that's just how Robin has it setup to work while someone is banned. I thought it showed as banned when BR was banned awhile ago, but I'm probably remembering it wrong.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

A few refreshing beverages are often a big help.

I've seen it happen on numerous occasions!
Heck, even "man-hugs" were distributed afterwards...

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Let's not get carried away now. Baby steps...

#119 11 years ago

Should just be a one week ban per the rules, G is a respected and knowledgeable poster, despite the fact he is my opposite on so many issues....and yet, so many RGP er's on here get away with non stop BS.......whatever, I guess I could be "retired" soon too

#120 11 years ago

Pinheads are a hugging bunch Binks, get used to it.
I'll show you when you land...

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Negative on the "man hug" hug outs....maybe a little Salma hug out....

#122 11 years ago

If enough people get a permanent pinside ban then a site like Pinball Bash or RGP will grow again.

"there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing" Real Genius (1985)

#123 11 years ago

Gotta get to 50k tonight so I can be a "half pinball legend".....shoot some gratuitous karma votes my way please...

#124 11 years ago

Should just be a one week ban per the rules, G is a respected and knowledgeable poster, despite the fact he is my opposite on so many issues....and yet, so many RGP er's on here get away with non stop BS.......whatever, I guess I could be "retired" soon too

tumblr_lmddivbice1qcfzkbo1_500.jpgtumblr_lmddivbice1qcfzkbo1_500.jpg

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Pinheads are a hugging bunch Binks, get used to it.
I'll show you when you land...

Strange. I just got wait listed for my flight.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta get to 50k tonight so I can be a "half pinball legend".....shoot some gratuitous karma votes my way please...

Done! You'll be there within the hour. No problem.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you, Tigerlaw, G, and RobT were getting the lawyer speak on if somebody had a case against Stern or their dist., that was some funny stuff. I was waiting for somebody to yell, "Objection, your Honor!". I'm in awe of how many lawyers there are on Pinside- but I guess that is why you get some interesting discussions.

#128 11 years ago

Somehow.....I can't see "hugging it out" with either McHune or Centerflank....primarily because of Flank's Avatar and his posting of the famous Costanza pose......while I LMAO, I'm not sure which way the Flank swings?

Just kidding Flank, I still have that top left pic engrained in my mind.... thanks for that, it will be there for quite some time....

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Strange. I just got wait listed for my flight.

Must be that pesky MOP airline again...

Negative on the "man hug" hug outs....maybe a little Salma hug out....

Awww,
C'mon Ice! FYI, Salma shuts down men who aren't comfortable with showing a little affection.

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

When you, Tigerlaw, G, and RobT were getting the lawyer speak on if somebody had a case against Stern or their dist., that was some funny stuff. I was waiting for somebody to yell, "Objection, your Honor!". I'm in awe of how many lawyers there are on Pinside- but I guess that is why you get some interesting discussions.

That was just for fun hypo's Jim between dummy lawyers that I think some took way too seriously......BUT.......the contract is valid!....Never mind, its just pinball, gotta love it!

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Jar heading to the Left Coast to see NP?....What's up?.....Woz party I'm missing

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Come to think of it... The ticket agent was a silver haired devil that reeked of vodka. Hmmm...

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Maybe Gambit can come back as "HabitualLineStepper" next time!
Just kidding Gamb, I already miss Jules' saucy stare...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! "F*ck Yo Couch!!!!"

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If enough people get a permanent pinside ban then a site like Pinball Bash or RGP will grow again.

Thought the same thing the other day as I saw anti-Stern posts being shut down. I thought many of the threads were people just venting as they were upset. Yes, some were too harsh, but some were just letting off the steam posts.

I saw the same thread title here popping up on RGP and had your exact thought.

Sometimes venting on a pinball forum works as people who have input- designers/owners read these forums and they can gauge what their customers are feeling and what they want. Just look at the X-men code stuff and how quick they announced different model Metallica Premiums.

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jar heading to the Left Coast to see NP?....What's up?.....Woz party I'm missing

Just a long delayed trip that will come to fruition one of these days. Much like WOZ!

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Come to think of it... The ticket agent was a silver haired devil that reeked of vodka. Hmmm...

What......silver haired yes.....vodka no, only beer and tequila....mostly beer!

#137 11 years ago

I think this post got off topic!

What I didn't see is how far away the completed software is ? I hope the game is a smash hit to clear up the PR and a few lessons where learned along the way.

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Looks like Gambit got a life sentence for some B.S. reason.

I think it was because he's a lawyer.

/I keed. So don't sue me, you butt pirates.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Thought the same thing the other day as I saw anti-Stern posts being shut down. I thought many of the threads were people just venting as they were upset. Yes, some were too harsh, but some were just letting off the steam posts.

I saw the same thread title here popping up on RGP and had your exact thought.

Sometimes venting on a pinball forum works as people who have input- designers/owners read these forums and they can gauge what their customers are feeling and what they want. Just look at the X-men code stuff and how quick they announced different model Metallica Premiums.

I'm just gonna say we have some itchy trigger fingers.....and since I have two ban votes I know one came from Idaho Springs, Colorado....

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What......silver haired yes.....vodka no, only beer and tequila....mostly beer!

What no Rumchata???

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

I think this post got off topic!
What I didn't see is how far away the completed software is ? I hope the game is a smash hit to clear up the PR and a few lessons where learned along the way.

Don't you think it would be fun to have a game where you are going to get a new version of the code every 2 weeks for the first 6 months. I personally think it sounds kind of fun. It has always been exciting to update the code from my experience with Sterns.
It would not be fun if those updates were 6 months apart with a very unfinished version because you have the nagging feeling that if that update sucks then you may have to wait another 6 months to get something decent.

#142 11 years ago

Can we restart this thread again with information on it that pertains to the topic?

It has been totally hijacked.

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think 50k will make you a Pinball Guru

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

It's nice to know that someone took that discussion more as it was intended.

There were people literally posting that they couldn't believe that there were attorney's on Pinside discussing filing of a Class Action Lawsuit against Stern.

Quoted from iceman44:

That was just for fun hypo's Jim between dummy lawyers that I think some took way too seriously......BUT.......the contract is valid!....Never mind, its just pinball, gotta love it!

Exactly.

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

What no Rumchata???

No mas....only beer and when I want to punish myself, it will include both beer and tequila!

Because, once I have a taste of the 100% agave, as it hits my lips I lose control, kind of like my boy Will Ferrell in Old School.....so that needs to happen on rare occasions...my wife wouldn't like me streaking down the streak naked...

#146 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Don't you think it would be fun to have a game where you are going to get a new version of the code every 2 weeks for the first 6 months. I personally think it sounds kind of fun. It has always been exciting to update the code from my experience with Sterns.

I get what you're saying. I might feel the same if I hadn't had to wait 2 years to have the opportunity to update the code.

After this long of a wait, I would expect the game to be done when I get it with only bug fixes and minor gameplay tweaks being released after the fact. Doesn't appear as if that will be the case though...

#147 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think 50k will make you a Pinball Guru

Getting close DC....but I'm still at "Pinball Moron" status and 50k won't change that I think!

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's nice to know that someone took that discussion more as it was intended.
There were people literally posting that they couldn't believe that there were attorney's on Pinside discussing filing of a Class Action Lawsuit against Stern.

Yeah!

And let me take this opportunity to say that I can't believe there are attorneys on Pinside discussing filing of a Class Action Lawsuit against Stern.

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Can we restart this thread again with information on it that pertains to the topic?

Why?
Everything was covered on page #1.
Time to just sit back, have a drink, and let the latest WOZ thread classically unravel from here!
I'm sure there will be another miniscule revelation coming up when it hits page #12 and 34.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Yeah!
And let me take this opportunity to say that I can't believe there are attorneys on Pinside discussing filing of a Class Action Lawsuit against Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 249 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-and-hobbit-updates/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.