ale_gary_daniele.jpg
41533-i.jpg
41532-i.jpg
41531-i.jpg
20140801_170800.jpg
20140801_170809-566.jpg
20140801_170809.jpg
20140801_170745.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scottr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Ive had numerous problems and just fixed them and moved on. ( considered it somewhat normal, no big deal ) That said, its getting silly now. My game has less than 200 full games on it, random light boards lock up every 15-20 games, the winkie target makes constant noise and the left flipper fell off during my last party. Nice touch for a brand new game. I opened a ticket and even though they know the light boards are a problem, they wont replace mine until I send them a video of it. Guess I should play it some more...

Hi Spencer. Sounds like you quite like your WOZ but are frustrated with the status, so I thought I would share my experience.

My game was built in Sept 2013, and purchased through a local distributor with an associated warranty. I experienced the light board issues and had them swapped out over time (with the replacement boards offered at that time). I did provide pics / video of the associated issues that were provided to the distributor and JJP. I was still having some issues, so when the latest new boards were available, I had them all replaced as a joint effort between the local distributor and JJP....Jack himself was involved with my issue, and was very accessible and supportive.

I'm happy to say that the game has been operating 100% now since that replacement, which was approximately summer of last year. I'm now approaching 700 plays, and the game looks and plays as brand new. The combination of the current state and latest code make this an amazing game (imo). It's a great fit with my current line up of games, as it offers something completely different. Again, this is my perspective on it based on my experience.

Hang in there, I think you'll find it's worth it.

Cheers

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

My game was built in Sept 2013 as well. My biggest concern is JJP knows the light boards are an issue but whenever I email them about it, somehow its my fault and I better provide a video. Honestly, im going to play it and keep my phone close, but......
IF ITS A KNOWN PROBLEM, WITH A FIX, WHAT THE F IS THE PROBLEM HERE???

My understanding is that anyone that identifies a legitimate issue with the light boards will be taken care of. In my case (assuming with others as well), they just wanted to see the evidence of the affected boards.

I also understood that not all games with 5V boards had issues. I know of at least one local pinsider / friend that had an early game with the 5V boards, and had zero issues while he had it...I played it several times, it was a perfect example.

I understood some folks wanted the new boards as spares in the event they had later problems, however don't believe JJP would arbitrarily deliver any without evidence of an issue....probably cost prohibitive. Again, my understanding is that JJP will address this issue for anyone that identifies this problem.

Ultimately, I hope you get this resolved so you can enjoy the game as it was meant to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 5.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scottr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-after-4000-plays?tu=scottr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.