ale_gary_daniele.jpg
41533-i.jpg
41532-i.jpg
41531-i.jpg
20140801_170800.jpg
20140801_170809-566.jpg
20140801_170809.jpg
20140801_170745.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. But at least JJP backs up their product with a replacement PF.

Hopefully a populated playfield? Of all the games I have ever had WOZ is the one I like working on least. Swapping an unpopulated playfield in WOZ would suck even for me, I can't imagine a novice trying his hand at this task (not to say the OP is a novice).

Obviously this is chipping and not wear. A sign of poor quality control by JJP on a limited number of machines. Most WOZ owners should not worry, just as most ACDC owners should not worry about theirs looking like the defective one above. And yes, a manufacturer is just as responsible for the quality of supplier's products as they are for in-house product (read ISO-9000).

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Which is great until my machine starts chipping like the OP's, then what? Im past the 1 year warranty and only have 200 plays, but....

Exactly. Eliminating a vendor is potentially great for future products assuming the new vendor is any better than the old one. What eliminating the vendor does not do is "resolve the problem". I know it might sound like splitting hairs but this is something you learn in the first week as a Quality Auditor. This is the type of supplier quality control that leads to something as simple as LED boards being defective three years into the project.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

If you're a lazy operator, here's the best $150 you'll ever spend for your WOZ.
https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=58

What "lazy" person is going to spend the dozens of hours is would take to strip the playfield down, install the protector and put everything back?

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

This thread got me worried so I spent the afternoon installing mylar to protect my investment. This is what I came up with and couldn't be happier. I'll attach the PDF template so you can make your own.
I started by making a template using card stock until I was happy with the coverage results. I then used mylar sheet from marco and traced my template on the back side and carefully cut it out.
Move the wireform over the pops out of the way and clean the pop area to make sure it's dirt/dust/lint free. Install the mylar starting with a little of the backing off on the upper right corner and carefully position the mylar. Slowly peel the backing off and work your way to the left. Cutting sections of the backing off as you go to make it easier to work with. Take your time!

WOZ_template.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
WOZ_poptemplate.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
WOZ-popmylarinstalled.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
WOZ-poptemplate.pdf

Wow! Thanks for posting this. Even after looking at all the pictures in this thread it never dawned on me that a new pinball machine could come without mylar in the pop bumper area. Sure enough, I just went in and looked at WOZ and there is no effen mylar there. I see a few squares of mylar in drop spots around the playfield, but not a single custom cut piece. I will have to cut a piece and put it in the pops. Just one more corner cut at the factory that supposedly does not cut corners...

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Oh, and there's NO Mylar in the pops area of my ACDC premium.

Looks closer. Its there, it goes all the way up to the inlanes. If not, Stern will send you a precut piece because it is supposed to be there.

4 months later
#335 8 years ago

A few dollars of mylar could have saved a lot of heartache. Even if the playfield was defective the mylar could have held chips in place and hidden the defects for many years. Hard to believe any game, let alone one as expensive as these would come without mylar in the pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-after-4000-plays?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.