• Latest reply 4 years ago by avspin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Monkey lube (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

The winged monkey on my WoZ 75th. is becoming a bit noisy at certain points when he travels down to pick up the ball, so I figured it needs a little lubrication.

I have the super lube oil with Teflon from Marco Specialties (here is the direct link: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=lube), and I was hoping if anyone could comment on if this would be a good lube to get my monkey up to speed again, before I start messing something up.

I was also wondering if I put some lube on the threaded rod, should I also put some on the little "pipe" that the monkey is attached to? I'm guessing that "pipe" is there to hold the monkey in place, but just to be sure.

Thanks for any advice.

Monkey lube (resized).jpgMonkey lube (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

I remember reading that white lithium grease is recommended. I applied some to the threaded rod and it's been silent / smooth since.

#3 4 years ago

White lithium grease. I dabbed it every inch or two and let the screw work it through its threads as the monkey went up and down. Smooth as butter now.

Some recommend wiping off the grease originally on it from the factory but mine actually had none from the factory.

Just dont go crazy with it or it will spray all over.

#4 4 years ago

Clean off old grease. Put on new. Your super lube is fine. White lithium is fine. I used a grease for garage door open chain. Not rocket science, and good grease is fine.

Quoted from KingCat78:

should I also put some on the little "pipe" that the monkey is attached to?

No. Just the threaded rod, and the flat bar that rides the metal shelf keeping the monkey straight. A small wipe on that flat metal surface is fine.

LTG : )

#5 4 years ago

Ok so just a little lube on the threaded rod and the smooth rod he rides on? I see you also pointed it out in a previous post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/136#post-4870747

Thanks for the help and advice

#6 4 years ago

Just try and get as much of the old lube off first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-winged-monkey-lube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.