WOZ 75th - some newbie questions

By betsifur

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

We just received our game on Friday - WOZ 75th edition, #214, and are really loving it. There are a couple of things that don't make sense to me, and I wondered if anyone here could help.

Right now, players seem to be randomly awarded a 5,000 or 6,000 point skill shot, before the ball is even plunged. This doesn't seem correct, but I can't pin down what might be causing it, or how to make it go away. Of course, our scores are rather pathetic, and we don't mind the extra points, but I know it can't be the way the game should work.

Also, I attempted to reset the high scores, using the Reset menu, but nothing happened. I think it may have eliminated the one really good game my husband had, but all the others that were preloaded on the game are still there. I'd really like it to show our scores, low they may be, so we can see that we are improving and compete against each other.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm really looking forward to getting to know this game, and maybe adding some mods in the future. I'm new to pinball, but I love tinkering with stuff and doing mechanical things. When the guys delivered it, they almost seemed do discourage me from fiddling with the settings or doing anything to the machine, and I could only smile, since they don't know who they are dealing with. Last month I took apart and fixed my own clothes dryer. It could only be better to do stuff like that with a game - fun rather than just utilitarian.

#2 9 years ago

When it awards the skill shot pts, does the witch come up as well?

#3 9 years ago

OP check the switch matrix. One of the switches is stuck closed or is real close to triggering. Go into the matrix and bang on the play field a bit see if any switches close. If they do it just needs adjustment. Probably the witch or the skill shot on the left between the pops.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from betsifur:

Also, I attempted to reset the high scores, using the Reset menu, but nothing happened. I think it may have eliminated the one really good game my husband had, but all the others that were preloaded on the game are still there. I'd really like it to show our scores, low they may be, so we can see that we are improving and compete against each other.

What you're seeing is the default high scores. When you reset the high scores, they will always reset to those values. You may be able to lower those values in the settings menu. Settings ---> Game Settings.

#5 9 years ago

You cant get rid of those default scores, they will unfortunately taunt you until you get good enough to beat them, but you will get there.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

You cant get rid of those default scores, they will unfortunately taunt you until you get good enough to beat them, but you will get there.

Surely you can manually lower the default scores and then reset them?

#7 9 years ago

Hrmm, i dont remember off the top of my head if you can lower them. Someone else can chime in or I'll check next time I'm at the machine.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

The preset high scores at stuck, at least for now. I hope maybe this will be changed in a future update. We had a party on Friday, and just hung a whiteboard next to the machine for kids and adults to record their best score. We did have one guy actually get on the game high score board, but this probably had something to do with the tweaks I've made - five balls per game and everything at the easiest possible setting. We'll have to tighten things up as we get better, I guess.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from betsifur:

The preset high scores at stuck, at least for now. I hope maybe this will be changed in a future update. We had a party on Friday, and just hung a whiteboard next to the machine for kids and adults to record their best score. We did have one guy actually get on the game high score board, but this probably had something to do with the tweaks I've made - five balls per game and everything at the easiest possible setting. We'll have to tighten things up as we get better, I guess.

put a piece of 1x4 under the front feet next time

#10 9 years ago

With as hard as WoZ is to score on, you might just want to keep it so the people playing it get that extra 5/6K

#11 9 years ago

I came home last night to see that my husband beat the Grand Champion score! I'm a little sad I wasn't there to see it. I continue to be terrible at the game, but still enjoy playing it.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from betsifur:

I came home last night to see that my husband beat the Grand Champion score! I'm a little sad I wasn't there to see it. I continue to be terrible at the game, but still enjoy playing it.

he probably put a 2X4 under the front legs when no one was looking

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

Another newbie question. In attract mode the start button flashes, when I start a game the start button stays lit constantly, but as soon as my first ball drains it goes out and doesn't come back on until the game is over and attract mode starts again. My question, is this a bug or by design?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

Another newbie question. In attract mode the start button flashes, when I start a game the start button stays lit constantly, but as soon as my first ball drains it goes out and doesn't come back on until the game is over and attract mode starts again. My question, is this a bug or by design?

I would think this is by design. Up until the first ball drains, you can add another player by hitting the start button.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

My guess is that it allows you to press START to add a second/third/fourth player, thus the button being lit. But, as soon as the first ball drains, you've committed to playing a game with only one player and adding an additional player is not an option.

#16 9 years ago

Thanks, I suspected as much, but wasn't sure. My only experience up until now is with my 2 Sterns. They stay lit constantly once a game is started and don't go out. Which is nice because I've installed lighted flipper buttons that I've tapped off the start button for power, so they behave the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-some-newbie-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.