View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2013-12-02-15-28-55.png
popcorn.jpg
mooners.jpg
image.jpg
grinch.jpg
wbstorecatalog.png
image-397.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 10 years ago

"Got a call that the WOZ LE at Marvin's wasn't working. This game has been rock solid for quite awhile now so I wondered what happened!

Turns out the coin tray was full so the game wouldn't take more quarters. That is a good problem to have!

Bill acceptor had a fair amount of bills in it too.

This game is earning great and it has a lot of competition sitting right next to it. MET Pro on the left and ST LE on the right!

Yes, this game had LED light issues but after replacing the boards there have been zero issues since."

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Amazing tidbit since the games have not been out in the wild for "quite awhile" and some people have been waiting "quite awhile" and starting to bail. Demand drops / prices drop.

2+2=4? Genius....... Don't you have a Stern circle jerk thread to cheer lead on with the usual crew of Woz haters/thread crappers......pathetic, as usual, non Wozers acting like a bunch of dicks

Amazing hypocritical behavior as well, when "Luci" was announced, some hypocrites (see above) pingasmed over more "choice/alternatives" being a great thing (and it is), despite another ridiculous price increase at the same time

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any bets on which sells more: 75th or Luci?

One is 9k and the other is 6700, drop the Red Ruby to 6700 and its no comparison

And I'll take my regular Ac/dc premium, see post above....

Yes the "red ruby" at 9k is a "ripoff", so is a STLE at 7800 and so is a "Luci" for another $200...if we are just talking about $$$$

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You can get HUO WoZ EC LE's for $8000 or less all day long and even NIB greenies are in the $8000 range…

Can you imagine how much $$$ you could have made if you'd bought all you could at 6500?

No profit margins now on anything, too bad there isn't a market to "short" the price of pinball machines....

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You'd make all the money that Automated is, selling them at 10k+!

Teekee actually works for Automated! Ohio branch......

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Amazing that a few years ago no one had a bad thing to say about Jack and everyone should support him...man how the times have changed!!! I don't own nor have I ordered a JJP machine so maybe I don't have a reason to be upset with the guy!

99% of those upset don't/won't own a Woz, they are the usual Woz thread crappers from the last several years of crapping.......there are some upset buyers, rightly so, that haven't gotten their pins yet, at this point its called "vendor delays" that are being worked through, and there are mostly patient buyers that get it and understand yet frustrated. Tough to make and keep 1000 people happy on anything. At the end of the day, when they get it, they will be happy!

Quoted from teekee:

No way I would have put up the money for three years when I can buy them now and in the near future for only a few bucks more...

Makes no sense when you can "buy them for a few bucks more" and then what? Sell them "for a few bucks more" so the profit margin is negative when you factor in time and shipping? Tough to make money in a declining market

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No way I would have put up the money for three years when I can buy them now and in the near future for only a few bucks more...

It wouldn't have been "three years", actually about 2 1/2 (assuming you didn't flip many earlier which you would have) had you done it and could have sold all you bought for 8500, a 2000 profit on 6500, well, you do the math on that rate of return......so you'd rather make zero now, right

I can see why you wouldn't make a longer term investment if funds were limited.....

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I "upgraded" my WOZLE to the 75th edition. My daughter preferred the red edition over the green, and as this pin is a gift from me to her (that the whole family gets to enjoy!), then that was what we went with. I'm okay with waiting longer considering this pin is more pin than I was expecting, anyhow, and it's from a brand new company. So I'm okay with giving a new company a lot of extra time to iron out things on an especially complicated pinball machine, even at this stage. I was expecting the unexpected, and additionally, at the one opportunity I had to play WOZ, PinExpo 2013, it blew me away.

So no worries

Congrats Rick! great attitude.....

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

WOZ LE buyers, most of who haven't received their games got pissed that ANOTHER LE was announced.

A new AC/DC Premium was announced - NOT an LE. No reason for anyone to be pissed. It's just another mass production choice.

They'd only be hypocrites if a new AC/DC LE was announced.

Naw, no one got "pissed" about another Woz "Le" because it isn't another "Le" and there wasn't an "Le" in the first place......

And yeah, a ton of "hypocritical BS" all over the place, don't need parsing of words to get it!

#169 10 years ago

I see some of the usual Woz thread crappers, where are the rest, the other half dozen or so?

Cheesy you need to get back over there with Cal in the Stern circle J

But hey, any time you guys need a dose of reality, come on in!

Can any of you read? I said, many times, the "red ruby at 9k is a ripoff", no offense Rick, some people have their reasons to pay up, but so is 7800 for the STLE, and 6700 for Luci, do you get that?..............RIPOFF, as in terms of $$$$, now the pins themselves, I love my Woz and Ac/dc and apparently a lot of people like their ST......

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'll be shocked if they sell 300 of these.

I'll be shocked if they sell 100.....

And yes its fun if you have any sense of variety!

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Iceman, the last known defender of JJP! I hope you get a prize .

Just a defender of the truth Jimmy, a defender and officer of the court, a sworn oath to do what's right and a fiduciary duty to my clients!

Let the facts speak for themselves, and I have them on my side.....I've never lost a case...

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Can we all agree 1000 LE's and the new 1500 LE's aren't in ANYWAY Limited Editions Machines? In Jersey LE = Lying to Everyone. Everyone needs to quit pre-paying for these machines. I was told when I purchased my STLE it was a couple weeks out. That didn't happen!! Guys quit pre-paying!

Uhhh yeah, and neither is 799 or 500 for that matter.....

The problem is for the "LE model" is that it is becoming less relevant every day. It's not just the LE of a certain pin but it's the total number of "LE's" that keep growing by the day. Bloom is falling off the rose fast.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

No worries, ice. It's a lot for the pin, and I completely understand the position of some that it's a ripoff, and that it is contributing to the price escalation of the hobby.

But for some people it is worth it. And the $9k is MSRP. Not necessarily the real purchase price. So, it is what it is. Those who want to get a WOZ have three choices, and have to pay various prices in terms of both dollars and wait time. The market will eventually decide what pin is worth what price (as is the case with every other pin out there, as well).

I think once everyone who preordered a WOZLE gets theirs, 95% of this (what I consider to be) overanalysis will disappear.

And then we can finally all move on to overanalyzing and getting upset needlessly over The Hobbit.

No doubt, the red ruby looks cool to me and if my girls wanted that version its what I'd have too, but they don't care about pinball! You know I'm just embellishing to make a point and the real purchase price is what it is. We know what we get for the money versus Stern and I'd pay that all day long in comparison. Still love my Stern pins too though.

Whether its Stern increasing prices across the board or JJP offering an additional option its ultimately up to what makes sense to each person and so yeah, I plunged into RAZA and Jpop's pin for 10k which seems crazy but hey, if we weren't all crazy we might go insane, right?

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from MaxRevs911:

Right now JJP is beginning to look a lot like a Ponzi scheme.

If you are "dumb" where is "dumber"......shhhh, don't tell anybody

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I do sincerely think most of the frustration over this is less to do with one editon over another and more to do with some people (justifiably) exhausted with waiting. And, once again, at the end of the day, once everyone who preordered their EE or regular edition WOZ gets theirs, then a lot of this frustration goes away, whether its over 75LE or code updates or GI illumination. Until then, JJP will get criticized for ANYTHING that is even a minor misstep. Flipside: once they DELIVER all the pins and everyone has this special machine at home, then their support will skyrocket.

Well said, this time next year all pins would have been delivered and TH will be in production. It's a great pin, JJP is a great asset to pinball and yes, the justifiable angst over waiting is understandable and I feel for the frustration felt. I was there until recently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 91.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-le-buyers-list?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.