Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jeffgoldstein2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2013-12-02-15-28-55.png
popcorn.jpg
mooners.jpg
image.jpg
grinch.jpg
wbstorecatalog.png
image-397.jpg

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago

Good for you! It's not a bad deal for a new purchase. Only for those already in line for a WOZLE would it be crappy
IMHO. Still JJP had to throw the deal out there or we'd be bitchin' about not having the chance to "upgrade". And even swap WOZLE for 75th would have been a more realisitic swap though. Nothing's going to budge me from my place in line though. I guess I'd rather wait for a great machine than get a crappy one on time...if i MUST choose.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No way I would have put up the money for three years when I can buy them now and in the near future for only a few bucks more...

It wouldn't have been "three years", actually about 2 1/2 (assuming you didn't flip many earlier which you would have) had you done it and could have sold all you bought for 8500, a 2000 profit on 6500, well, you do the math on that rate of return......so you'd rather make zero now, right

I can see why you wouldn't make a longer term investment if funds were limited.....

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Good for you! It's not a bad deal for a new purchase. Only for those already in line for a WOZLE would it be crappy
IMHO. Still JJP had to throw the deal out there or we'd be bitchin' about not having the chance to "upgrade". And even swap WOZLE for 75th would have been a more realisitic swap though. Nothing's going to budge me from my place in line though. I guess I'd rather wait for a great machine than get a crappy one on time...if i MUST choose.

I "upgraded" my WOZLE to the 75th edition. My daughter preferred the red edition over the green, and as this pin is a gift from me to her (that the whole family gets to enjoy!), then that was what we went with. I'm okay with waiting longer considering this pin is more pin than I was expecting, anyhow, and it's from a brand new company. So I'm okay with giving a new company a lot of extra time to iron out things on an especially complicated pinball machine, even at this stage. I was expecting the unexpected, and additionally, at the one opportunity I had to play WOZ, PinExpo 2013, it blew me away.

So no worries here.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I "upgraded" my WOZLE to the 75th edition. My daughter preferred the red edition over the green, and as this pin is a gift from me to her (that the whole family gets to enjoy!), then that was what we went with. I'm okay with waiting longer considering this pin is more pin than I was expecting, anyhow, and it's from a brand new company. So I'm okay with giving a new company a lot of extra time to iron out things on an especially complicated pinball machine, even at this stage. I was expecting the unexpected, and additionally, at the one opportunity I had to play WOZ, PinExpo 2013, it blew me away.

So no worries

Congrats Rick! great attitude.....

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Amazing hypocritical behavior as well, when "Luci" was announced, some hypocrites (see above) pingasmed over more "choice/alternatives" being a great thing (and it is), despite another ridiculous price increase at the same time

Here's the difference.

WOZ LE buyers, most of who haven't received their games got pissed that ANOTHER LE was announced.

A new AC/DC Premium was announced - NOT an LE. No reason for anyone to be pissed. It's just another mass production choice.

They'd only be hypocrites if a new AC/DC LE was announced.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

WOZ LE buyers, most of who haven't received their games got pissed that ANOTHER LE was announced.

A new AC/DC Premium was announced - NOT an LE. No reason for anyone to be pissed. It's just another mass production choice.

They'd only be hypocrites if a new AC/DC LE was announced.

Naw, no one got "pissed" about another Woz "Le" because it isn't another "Le" and there wasn't an "Le" in the first place......

And yeah, a ton of "hypocritical BS" all over the place, don't need parsing of words to get it!

#157 5 years ago

Even if someone did buy one they would need balls of steel to admit they enjoy being ripped off. Think Pinside has spoken it will be a very rare one so rare in fact it may never get mass produced. What a joke, haha! Oh and I agreed with Teekee multiple times in this thread , damn it!

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Naw, no one got "pissed" about another Woz "Le" because it isn't another "Le" and there wasn't an "Le" in the first place......
And yeah, a ton of "hypocritical BS" all over the place, don't need parsing of words to get it!

When I need a break from reality I'll come to visit you.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Uh...what? What part of "Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition x of 1000" is not an LE? LOL

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes the "red ruby" at 9k is a "ripoff", so is a STLE at 7800 and so is a "Luci" for another $200...if we are just talking about $$$$

Just talking of dollars reminds of a story, it goes something like...

A pinsider walks up to a pretty woman and says "let's cut to the chase, will you sleep with me for a million dollars" She looks at him and says "Sure".....hmmm "would you sleep with me for ten dollars" he says. Offended the woman says "what kind of woman do you think I am" Pinsider says "I think we have established what you are we are just haggling over price".

Haggling over price...I guess we are all pinwhores.

#161 5 years ago

Responding to iceman44 just makes him stronger. He has made up his mind to defend anything and I mean anything jjp to the point of ridiculousness. I keep him off ignore because I just want to see what he may say next.

-cheesiv, You almost made water come out my nose, thank you. Secret handshake!

#162 5 years ago

As Gomez says....GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! (creeking door opens)

#163 5 years ago

It feels like ground hog day on these threads.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

When I need a break from reality I'll come to visit you.

You have reality and.......

#165 5 years ago

Its really odd to me that I could make a list of pinsiders who are not buying WOZ. I post on pinside quite often. Does anyone know (without looking) what new game(s) I do not like and have no plans of buying? Doubt it, because I would say it once, maybe twice and move on. Oh, and I'm not buying the 75th "LE". There, I said it twice.

#166 5 years ago

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Just now getting what was represented to me as an the WOZ LE.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

As Gomez says....GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! (creeking door opens)

Was George saying that about Gary?

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-collection-for-sale-pinside-gold

#169 5 years ago

I see some of the usual Woz thread crappers, where are the rest, the other half dozen or so?

Cheesy you need to get back over there with Cal in the Stern circle J

But hey, any time you guys need a dose of reality, come on in!

Can any of you read? I said, many times, the "red ruby at 9k is a ripoff", no offense Rick, some people have their reasons to pay up, but so is 7800 for the STLE, and 6700 for Luci, do you get that?..............RIPOFF, as in terms of $$$$, now the pins themselves, I love my Woz and Ac/dc and apparently a lot of people like their ST......

#170 5 years ago

Iceman, the last known defender of JJP! I hope you get a prize .

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Nah. There's me too. Still a big fan. Can't wait to come visit you and play your AC/DC though!!!

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You should know lawyers don't work for gratis.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Uh...what? What part of "Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition x of 1000" is not an LE? LOL

Haha.

Well a lot of people don't consider 1000 to be an "LE", so the 75th will be the true WoZ LE. It will be L by demand. WoZ is a fun game; I played a bunch at SPF, but it is nowhere near as fun as some of the new Sterns and most people can't get past the theme enough to actually want one. The market has already saturated with WoZ purchasers and moved on to newer games. I'll be shocked if they sell 300 of these.

#174 5 years ago

Can we all agree 1000 LE's and the new 1500 LE's aren't in ANYWAY Limited Editions Machines? In Jersey LE = Lying to Everyone. Everyone needs to quit pre-paying for these machines. I was told when I purchased my STLE it was a couple weeks out. That didn't happen!! Guys quit pre-paying!

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I see some of the usual Woz thread crappers, where are the rest, the other half dozen or so?
Can any of you read? I said, many times, the "red ruby at 9k is a ripoff", no offense Rick, some people have their reasons to pay up, but so is 7800 for the STLE, and 6700 for Luci, do you get that?..............RIPOFF, as in terms of $$$$, now the pins themselves, I love my Woz and Ac/dc and apparently a lot of people like their ST......

<Mr. Spock>*runs tricorder* Captain, no signs of intelligent life.</>

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha.
Well a lot of people don't consider 1000 to be an "LE", so the 75th will be the true WoZ LE. It will be L by demand. WoZ is a fun game; I played a bunch at SPF, but it is nowhere near as fun as some of the new Sterns and most people can't get past the theme enough to actually want one. The market has already saturated with WoZ purchasers and moved on to newer games. I'll be shocked if they sell 300 of these.

I agree with everything you said except that I think the theme is the game's one saving grace. I think WOZ is a great, timeless theme. Unfortunately playing the game is about 1/10 the fun of watching the movie.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'll be shocked if they sell 300 of these.

I'll be shocked if they sell 100.....

And yes its fun if you have any sense of variety!

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Just a defender of the truth Jimmy, a defender and officer of the court, a sworn oath to do what's right and a fiduciary duty to my clients!

Let the facts speak for themselves, and I have them on my side.....I've never lost a case...

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Can we all agree 1000 LE's and the new 1500 LE's aren't in ANYWAY Limited Editions Machines? In Jersey LE = Lying to Everyone. Everyone needs to quit pre-paying for these machines. I was told when I purchased my STLE it was a couple weeks out. That didn't happen!! Guys quit pre-paying!

Uhhh yeah, and neither is 799 or 500 for that matter.....

The problem is for the "LE model" is that it is becoming less relevant every day. It's not just the LE of a certain pin but it's the total number of "LE's" that keep growing by the day. Bloom is falling off the rose fast.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No worries, ice. It's a lot for the pin, and I completely understand the position of some that it's a ripoff, and that it is contributing to the price escalation of the hobby.

But for some people it is worth it. And the $9k is MSRP. Not necessarily the real purchase price. So, it is what it is. Those who want to get a WOZ have three choices, and have to pay various prices in terms of both dollars and wait time. The market will eventually decide what pin is worth what price (as is the case with every other pin out there, as well).

I think once everyone who preordered a WOZLE gets theirs, 95% of this (what I consider to be) overanalysis will disappear.

And then we can finally all move on to overanalyzing and getting upset needlessly over The Hobbit.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

No worries, ice. It's a lot for the pin, and I completely understand the position of some that it's a ripoff, and that it is contributing to the price escalation of the hobby.

But for some people it is worth it. And the $9k is MSRP. Not necessarily the real purchase price. So, it is what it is. Those who want to get a WOZ have three choices, and have to pay various prices in terms of both dollars and wait time. The market will eventually decide what pin is worth what price (as is the case with every other pin out there, as well).

I think once everyone who preordered a WOZLE gets theirs, 95% of this (what I consider to be) overanalysis will disappear.

And then we can finally all move on to overanalyzing and getting upset needlessly over The Hobbit.

No doubt, the red ruby looks cool to me and if my girls wanted that version its what I'd have too, but they don't care about pinball! You know I'm just embellishing to make a point and the real purchase price is what it is. We know what we get for the money versus Stern and I'd pay that all day long in comparison. Still love my Stern pins too though.

Whether its Stern increasing prices across the board or JJP offering an additional option its ultimately up to what makes sense to each person and so yeah, I plunged into RAZA and Jpop's pin for 10k which seems crazy but hey, if we weren't all crazy we might go insane, right?

#182 5 years ago

I am still waiting for my Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of Oz that I ordered on May 4, 2011 and it is fully paid for. My advice for anyone looking at purchasing a JJP machine is wait until the machine is actually available. People are advertising regular edition WOZes for sale and claim to have them in hand when the LEs were supposed to be produced and shipped before anything else. Right now JJP is beginning to look a lot like a Ponzi scheme.

#183 5 years ago

When will you receive the game? "80th" anniversary of WOZ?

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from MaxRevs911:

Right now JJP is beginning to look a lot like a Ponzi scheme.

If you are "dumb" where is "dumber"......shhhh, don't tell anybody

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No doubt, the red ruby looks cool to me and if my girls wanted that version its what I'd have too, but they don't care about pinball! You know I'm just embellishing to make a point and the real purchase price is what it is. We know what we get for the money versus Stern and I'd pay that all day long in comparison. Still love my Stern pins too though.
Whether its Stern increasing prices across the board or JJP offering an additional option its ultimately up to what makes sense to each person and so yeah, I plunged into RAZA and Jpop's pin for 10k which seems crazy but hey, if we weren't all crazy we might go insane, right?

Exactly: one man's bargain is another man's folly. That's how the market works.

I do sincerely think most of the frustration over this is less to do with one editon over another and more to do with some people (justifiably) exhausted with waiting. And, once again, at the end of the day, once everyone who preordered their EE or regular edition WOZ gets theirs, then a lot of this frustration goes away, whether its over 75LE or code updates or GI illumination. Until then, JJP will get criticized for ANYTHING that is even a minor misstep. Flipside: once they DELIVER all the pins and everyone has this special machine at home, then their support will skyrocket.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I do sincerely think most of the frustration over this is less to do with one editon over another and more to do with some people (justifiably) exhausted with waiting. And, once again, at the end of the day, once everyone who preordered their EE or regular edition WOZ gets theirs, then a lot of this frustration goes away, whether its over 75LE or code updates or GI illumination. Until then, JJP will get criticized for ANYTHING that is even a minor misstep. Flipside: once they DELIVER all the pins and everyone has this special machine at home, then their support will skyrocket.

Well said, this time next year all pins would have been delivered and TH will be in production. It's a great pin, JJP is a great asset to pinball and yes, the justifiable angst over waiting is understandable and I feel for the frustration felt. I was there until recently.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Got a call that the WOZ LE at Marvin's wasn't working. This game has been rock solid for quite awhile now so I wondered what happened!
Turns out the coin tray was full so the game wouldn't take more quarters. That is a good problem to have!
Bill acceptor had a fair amount of bills in it too.
This game is earning great and it has a lot of competition sitting right next to it. MET Pro on the left and ST LE on the right!
Yes, this game had LED light issues but after replacing the boards there have been zero issues since."

Not to derail this thread but weren't ALL WOZECLE supposed to be shipped with a bill acceptor ?

I thought I read this somewhere in Jacks equipment list when I ordered it in March of 2011?

3 weeks later
#188 5 years ago

I think they should scrap the le model all together. Do pro and delux. Cut out the deep pockets and speculators.

It's a pinball machine for goodness sake not a work of art. They should make them until there is no more demand - one cut down version and one with all the extra bits without the inflated prices that the word limited edition conjures.

Basically LE is just a way of charging through the nose to a market they know will be willing to pay.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Not to derail this thread but weren't ALL WOZECLE supposed to be shipped with a bill acceptor ?

Just those commercially on location.

LTG : )

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I think they should scrap the le model all together. Do pro and delux. Cut out the deep pockets and speculators.

Why cut a product there is demand for? The wonderful thing about choice: You can choose the one you want...or none. People seem to be happy having a choice of versions - for price reasons, art reasons, collectability reasons.

#191 5 years ago

^Choice, in the beginning, is always good. After the fact, when it concerns an "LE", not so good to original "LE" buyers.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

To take someone's money and and take 2+ years to deliver their product while manufacturing other models is not a good business practice. For someone still waiting on an original LE at this point is absorbed. Hopefully with the Hobbit he will have experience needed to deliver on time. Everything I read on Jack, prior to JJP days, was very positive so maybe he will get back to doing business the way everyone was accustom to!!! The pinball market will benefit from it!

+10,000............If Jack pulls this same BS with the Hobbit, he will be out of business in 5 years. There is ZERO excuse for WOZLE owners not to have their game right now. The only excuse is that JJP has fully abused the very people that have allowed him to start his company...........

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why cut a product there is demand for? The wonderful thing about choice: You can choose the one you want...or none. People seem to be happy having a choice of versions - for price reasons, art reasons, collectability reasons.

He said pro and deluxe. I agree with him. But stern won't do this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 189.00
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside