Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jeffgoldstein2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2013-12-02-15-28-55.png
popcorn.jpg
mooners.jpg
image.jpg
grinch.jpg
wbstorecatalog.png
image-397.jpg

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago

I don't mind the idea of a $10k PIN but it would have to be worth it. Don't stick an extra toy on a $7k base model and raise the price. WOZ does have a lot of things that make it worth what I paid for it, maybe more. As a buyer I'd like to see prices reasonable for what you get. If I was making PINS and selling every one I could make it would be reasonable to raise prices or just make more of them.
On a side note, I kind of wish Hobbit was produced immediately after WOZ. I realize JJP needs to seize the 75th anniversary while it's still here but given you can only produce so many pins a day this will push back Hobbit production unless output is increased.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Good point! I know of a NIB LE that sold on Ebay today for $6900 but it wasn't a JJP game (STLE)
Pretty big discount! like you say....Just name your price!

You got it! Great deals are here with more to come... you just have to know where to look and who to ask for the big JJP discounts.

2 weeks later
#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Look at the hobbit, almost anybody on this site likes that theme.
If the hobbit was JJP #1, if possible, then he would have sold a lot more i think. Would have totaly kickstarted his company.

WOZ has a universal appeal in topic.
Everyone from Older and younger men, women, boys and girls like WOZ.
I tend to think The Hobbit had a much narrower market.

#105 5 years ago

Screw the Ruby Red edition. It just made me sell my WOZ LE, sick of the crap with this game now. I can only hope they get their shit together for The Hobbit and quit jerking customers around with their money.

#106 5 years ago

Explain to me how you were jerked around?

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Alex I believe he is referring to the WOZECLE's not all being shipped yet, causing a frustrating wait, only to see JJP working on another version of their pin. Emotional knee jerk response.

#108 5 years ago

It is kind of odd a lot of the vendors have the LE NIB to pick up today, but some people are still waiting for their pin to ship.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

It is kind of odd a lot of the vendors have the LE NIB to pick up today, but some people are still waiting for their pin to ship.

How can the distributors expect to sell games for $10,000 when several of the WOZECLE buyers that have soon to be delivered games are willing to sell their spots for between $8500-$9000 because they are sick and tired of waiting? Those deliveries of WOZECLE to distributors and their prices just egg on more criticism for JJP.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Alex I believe he is referring to the WOZECLE's not all being shipped yet, causing a frustrating wait, only to see JJP working on another version of their pin. Emotional knee jerk response.

Being years late on delivery and some people given multiple ship dates that come and go ( missed) are a couple reasons to feel jerked around. Nice looking game but there are other nice looking games without the wait.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

several of the WOZECLE buyers that have soon to be delivered games are willing to sell their spots for between $8500-$9000 because they are sick and tired of waiting?

Some guys would kill to sell theirs for that price ($8500-$9000)… many are selling for much less than that and prices are dropping fast.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Some guys would kill to sell theirs for that price ($8500-$9000)… many are selling for much less than that and prices are dropping fast.

Yes. Obviously, NIB WOZECLE spots and every other game in the $7000-$9000 range has seen less demand and lower prices since the pre-order day for MMr happened, and the announcement of the red WOZ did not help either.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Being years late on delivery and some people given multiple ship dates that come and go ( missed) are a couple reasons to feel jerked around. Nice looking game but there are other nice looking games without the wait.

He said "jerked around with their money" which implies some type of monetary fraud.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He said "jerked around with their money" which implies some type of monetary fraud.

I never heard anyone mention fraud ( except yourself ) so those are your words, not mine.
Its the lack of delivery of a product and multiple missed dates that is likely the crux of the angst.

#115 5 years ago

I don't like the wait either but there's no way I'm budging - 'very impressed from the 25 times or so I've played a WOZ. Outstanding quality (light boards aside) and quite dazzling just to look at. 'Don't understand the rules of the game yet except the basic "try to keep the ball in play"

mooners.jpg
#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Alex. I have been fairly quite for a long time about not getting my game and being told next month, or a few weeks and so on, on top of making a second "LE". I have read just about everything you have said on here about WOZ and normally I have no problem with your posts. I'm still waiting for my game and will enjoy it when I do get it. That being said, if you can not understand how someone would feel jerked around, frustrated, annoyed or pissed off, I have a problem with that.

The best thing you can do, is not reply to this post.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Alex. I have been fairly quite for a long time about not getting my game and being told next month, or a few weeks and so on, on top of making a second "LE". I have read just about everything you have said on here about WOZ and normally I have no problem with your posts. I'm still waiting for my game and will enjoy it when I do get it. That being said, if you can not understand how someone would feel jerked around, frustrated, annoyed or pissed off, I have a problem with that.
The best thing you can do, is not reply to this post.

insert popcorn.gif

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

insert popcorn.gif

Done.

popcorn.jpg

#119 5 years ago

There's popcorn in that picture?

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

WOZ has a universal appeal

Yeah, dream on.....

Woz has a universal appeal in the usa.

Thats closer to reality.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Woz has a universal appael in the usa in.

Wrong! It's universal! I heard they even like it on Mars!

#122 5 years ago

There's more than popcorn here. Some tasty snacks too.

Screenshot_2013-12-02-15-28-55.png
#123 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There's more than popcorn here. Some tasty snacks too.

I'd like a side order of thighs with that

#124 5 years ago

Pinball should be about playing, not waiting

Want to buy games I can play within couple weeks
Not years

Cancelled all my orders, WOZLE, MMLE,BHAL predator

Just bought Stern Star Trek LE ,
Will have this within a week and be playing

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I agree.

At this rate, I'll probably get my MMrLE before my WOZECLE

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

rvdv said:

I agree.

At this rate, I'll probably get my MMrLE before my WOZECLE

Look... not trying to piss anyone off here... but you guys got in on the LE from the beginning as "investors". I know it has been a "long road traveled" but you can't expect every investment to bring you "instant" returns. Starting a company from scratch and taking a "concept" and turning it into a actual product is not easy. MMR will be awesome when its out... but they have all the designs, parts and programs... they just need to reproduce a finished product.

Be proud of the fact that it is because of your faith in JJP (and your money)... that you helped create one hell of a promising pinball company.

Here's to the "Founding Fathers of JJP"... a toast to all LE owners! Thanks for making this happen!

#127 5 years ago

Im thinking about changing my ECWOZ to the 75year anniv just so I can be the first person in 175 posts to be on the list!! Yea yea what what!! I have number #413 A Jan 2012 order! = )

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Look... not trying to piss anyone off here... but you guys got in on the LE from the beginning as "investors". I know it has been a "long road traveled" but you can't expect every investment to bring you "instant" returns. Starting a company from scratch and taking a "concept" and turning it into a actual product is not easy. MMR will be awesome when its out... but they have all the designs, parts and programs... they just need to reproduce a finished product.
Be proud of the fact that it is because of your faith in JJP (and your money)... that you helped create one hell of a promising pinball company.
Here's to the "Founding Fathers of JJP"... a toast to all LE owners! Thanks for making this happen!

I'm not an "investor"

I am a guy waiting for the product I bought.

#129 5 years ago

Patience, Grasshopper

#130 5 years ago

OK, so no one here has bought a 75th yet?

#131 5 years ago

"Got a call that the WOZ LE at Marvin's wasn't working. This game has been rock solid for quite awhile now so I wondered what happened!

Turns out the coin tray was full so the game wouldn't take more quarters. That is a good problem to have!

Bill acceptor had a fair amount of bills in it too.

This game is earning great and it has a lot of competition sitting right next to it. MET Pro on the left and ST LE on the right!

Yes, this game had LED light issues but after replacing the boards there have been zero issues since."

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No
Hell I'm still waiting for my greenie! I think everyone who wanted one, got one or, like me is still waiting. Anyone else is looking at those playing the waiting game and saying, no way! Especially when the greens are coming up for sale by folk tired of waiting.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Got a call that the WOZ LE at Marvin's wasn't working. This game has been rock solid for quite awhile now so I wondered what happened!
Turns out the coin tray was full so the game wouldn't take more quarters. That is a good problem to have!
Bill acceptor had a fair amount of bills in it too.
This game is earning great and it has a lot of competition sitting right next to it. MET Pro on the left and ST LE on the right!
Yes, this game had LED light issues but after replacing the boards there have been zero issues since."

Amazing tidbit since the games have not been out in the wild for "quite awhile" and some people have been waiting "quite awhile" and starting to bail. Demand drops / prices drop.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Amazing tidbit since the games have not been out in the wild for "quite awhile" and some people have been waiting "quite awhile" and starting to bail. Demand drops / prices drop.

2+2=4? Genius....... Don't you have a Stern circle jerk thread to cheer lead on with the usual crew of Woz haters/thread crappers......pathetic, as usual, non Wozers acting like a bunch of dicks

Amazing hypocritical behavior as well, when "Luci" was announced, some hypocrites (see above) pingasmed over more "choice/alternatives" being a great thing (and it is), despite another ridiculous price increase at the same time

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any bets on which sells more: 75th or Luci?

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any bets on which sells more: 75th or Luci?

One is 9k and the other is 6700, drop the Red Ruby to 6700 and its no comparison

And I'll take my regular Ac/dc premium, see post above....

Yes the "red ruby" at 9k is a "ripoff", so is a STLE at 7800 and so is a "Luci" for another $200...if we are just talking about $$$$

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

2+2=4? Genius....... Don't you have a Stern circle jerk thread to cheer lead on with the usual crew of Woz haters/thread crappers......pathetic, as usual, non Wozers acting like a bunch of dicks

No hate on my part so keep working on those physic abilities or fix your Ouija board.

I never linked a sexual act to any pinball discussion so you have a vivid imagination.

#138 5 years ago

Well i would buy one if they where to be delivered on a fixed date, like Jan 2013 and not Summer 2014 (and with all the delays it can be christmas 2014 i guess?) Its to far away and with all the problems you never know.

Now i go for a HUO green one for almost the same price.

#139 5 years ago

Why pay 2,500 to 1,500 more, wait more, no invisiglass? "The journey is the reward"....it's the wait that sucks.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Now i go for a HUO green one for almost the same price.

You can get HUO WoZ EC LE's for $8000 or less all day long and even NIB greenies are in the $8000 range… these prices will only get better! No reason for anyone to buy the Ruby Red! Waste of money.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You can get HUO WoZ EC LE's for $8000 or less all day long and even NIB greenies are in the $8000 range… these prices will only get better! No reason for anyone to buy the Ruby Red! Waste of money.

Not in Europe... Here alot game is cheaper then US, but the new LE, WOZ prices are HIGH (Also we got 20-25% vat on new games)

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Not in Europe... Here alot game is cheaper then US, but the new LE, WOZ prices are HIGH (Also we got 20-25% vat on new games)

How many do you need and what ya guys paying?

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You can get HUO WoZ EC LE's for $8000 or less all day long and even NIB greenies are in the $8000 range…

Can you imagine how much $$$ you could have made if you'd bought all you could at 6500?

No profit margins now on anything, too bad there isn't a market to "short" the price of pinball machines....

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you imagine how much $$$ you could have made if you'd bought all you could at 6500?
No profit margins now on anything, too bad there isn't a market to "short" the price of pinball machines....

You'd make all the money that Automated is, selling them at 10k+!

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You'd make all the money that Automated is, selling them at 10k+!

Teekee actually works for Automated! Ohio branch......

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No way I would have put up the money for three years when I can buy them now and in the near future for only a few bucks more...

Quoted from beelzeboob:You'd make all the money that Automated is, selling them at 10k+!

Automated sold one on Ebay for $10k to some poor sucker… if you believe everything you see on Ebay that is.

#147 5 years ago

Amazing that a few years ago no one had a bad thing to say about Jack and everyone should support him...man how the times have changed!!! I don't own nor have I ordered a JJP machine so maybe I don't have a reason to be upset with the guy!

With sales in US being mostly to the home collector you all have the option to or not to buy. Don't buy, put Jack out of the pinball business and go back to complaining how Stern is the only manufacture of pinball machines and that the quality oh his machines has deteriorated over the years. Oh yeah the good old days!

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Amazing that a few years ago no one had a bad thing to say about Jack and everyone should support him...man how the times have changed!!! I don't own nor have I ordered a JJP machine so maybe I don't have a reason to be upset with the guy!

99% of those upset don't/won't own a Woz, they are the usual Woz thread crappers from the last several years of crapping.......there are some upset buyers, rightly so, that haven't gotten their pins yet, at this point its called "vendor delays" that are being worked through, and there are mostly patient buyers that get it and understand yet frustrated. Tough to make and keep 1000 people happy on anything. At the end of the day, when they get it, they will be happy!

Quoted from teekee:

No way I would have put up the money for three years when I can buy them now and in the near future for only a few bucks more...

Makes no sense when you can "buy them for a few bucks more" and then what? Sell them "for a few bucks more" so the profit margin is negative when you factor in time and shipping? Tough to make money in a declining market

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I bought one.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

99% of those upset don't/won't own a Woz, they are the usual Woz thread crappers from the last several years of crapping.......there are some upset buyers, rightly so, that haven't gotten their pins yet, at this point its called "vendor delays" that are being worked through, and there are mostly patient buyers that get it and understand yet frustrated. Tough to make and keep 1000 people happy on anything. At the end of the day, when they get it, they will be happy!

iceman, agree as I was one of the ones in the beginning that absolutely hated the theme of the game. Once I played it I was sold on it. Jack's downfall is he is new to the manufacturing business. To take someone's money and and take 2+ years to deliver their product while manufacturing other models is not a good business practice. For someone still waiting on an original LE at this point is absorbed. Hopefully with the Hobbit he will have experience needed to deliver on time. Everything I read on Jack, prior to JJP days, was very positive so maybe he will get back to doing business the way everyone was accustom to!!! The pinball market will benefit from it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 12.99
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside