View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2013-12-02-15-28-55.png
popcorn.jpg
mooners.jpg
image.jpg
grinch.jpg
wbstorecatalog.png
image-397.jpg
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

On eBay for $5 less doesn't really count.

He's accepting BEST OFFERS! Plus on Ebay there are fees involved so obviously they are willing to sell for less… offline I bet $8500 is doable.

#52 10 years ago

I would not suprise me WB is the so cold distributor who ordered 125 WOZ$.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

With the WoZ75 announcement; can you still cancel your WoZECLE order for a full refund?

With or without interest ?

#54 10 years ago

The ebay fees are different for larger priced items.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Didn't Jack say one distributor had ordered 125? I was speculating it was automated.

Jack said he had 35 emails from happy LE owners saying how great a decision this was, do you believe it? Easy to say things, but by no means is anything fact.

Quoted from vid1900:

Jack says a lot of things.

And so do used car salesman but I don't believe them either.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Jack said he had 35 emails from happy LE owners

There might not even be 35 LE owners.

NOBODY I know has got their WOZ yet, except people who bought the standard.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I got my WOZECLE back in 3rd week of August.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

He's accepting BEST OFFERS! Plus on Ebay there are fees involved so obviously they are willing to sell for less… offline I bet $8500 is doable.

Yep, $8995 - ebay & paypal fees = $8475 net cash to the seller.

#59 10 years ago

I got my LE July 22!

#61 10 years ago

Count me in the 0%. My mom has been wanting a WOZ, but she realized she would have to sell at least 2 and probably all 3 of her current pins (TAF, PM, Flintstones) to make up the price. Personally I would have to sell at least 4 (5 if tax/shipping on top of the $9K price) of mine at what I have in them to get to $9K. There is no way ever that I think one WOZr would be equal to the fun of No Good Gofers, Spiderman, Jurassic Park, AND Revenge From Mars. Heck, I just got Stargate but believe that it and Frankenstein (my 2 cheapest DMDs) are a ton of fun and a huge bargain at a collective 1/3 the cost of a WOZr. I like having a diverse lineup with 7 manufacturers in our family collection of 10 pins, but I dont really forsee a JJP ever getting in that lineup unless my mom finds a used standard version for a decent price way down the road.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got my WOZECLE back in 3rd week of August.

I see that a few people on Pinside have got a game, but out of all the friends and clients I know, NOBODY has got a WOZ LE yet.

I hope you are playing the crap out of your game for the rest of us!

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

NOBODY ORDER THIS RIPOFF!!!

Apparently, someone just did.

ebay.com link: 75th Anniversary Wizard Of Oz LE FREE SHIPPING

Free shipping, so maybe close to $8500 sold price.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

There is no way ever that I think one WOZr would be equal to the fun of No Good Gofers, spiderman, Jurassic Park, AND Revenge From Mars.

You're 100% correct, and anybody would agree with that.

Well, except for the JJP disciples. Fit & Finish!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have mine and its amazing!

#67 10 years ago

From the auction.

"Shipping: FREE Economy Shipping | See details

Item location:
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States

Ships to:
United States
Delivery:
Estimated between Wed. Nov. 13 and Tue. Nov. 26"

If it was sold for $8500 AND free shipping then that would be equivilant of approx. $8100.

#68 10 years ago

Not only no, but hell NO,,,,!!!!

#69 10 years ago

This is the thread I was tempted to make.

Going through all of the "outrage" thread's pages, the one unspoken thing that became apparent was apparently NOBODY was coming out saying they bought one, or were rushing out to do so.

Had the market finally had it? I dunno.

If these start going for ~7K used or on clearance, I will be tempted. At NIB 9K plus 12% sales tax in my area, heck no.

It will be interesting if these start showing up at an Australian Costco at some point

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

This is the thread I was tempted to make.
Going through all of the "outrage" thread's pages, the one unspoken thing that became apparent was apparently NOBODY was coming out saying they bought one, or were rushing out to do so.
Had the market finally had it? I dunno.
If these start going for ~7K used or on clearance, I will be tempted. At NIB 9K plus 12% sales tax in my area, heck no.
It will be interesting if these start showing up at an Australian Costco at some point

Agreed the pinball market has spoken....9k is not going to cut it, yes sure there will always be the few that pay 10k even 20k, but the pinball buyers majority in the bell curve (by that I mean us!) will resist paying that kind of money, every time the price calculus changed was due to something that was introduced that was unprecedented; such as WOZ (new game, new company, LCD, hi tech) and MMR (beloved grail pin remake). These levels are not sustainable and will eventually lead to the second down turn in pinball, unless a Goldilocks price is once again achieved. I think this price was already discovered and sustained by Stern for quite a while before the introduction of WOZ.

#71 10 years ago

Well with the rate these pre-orders are flying off the shelfs, it looks like JJP has finaly made a REAL "Limited Edition" pin. If only 4 pre-sell, think he'll make the other 1496? Could be a real collector's item here. $9k by ...oh wait.

#72 10 years ago

I have about 2 months to go. Why would I pay $1,500 more (for me) and wait 8 to 9 months just to get a few more toys, no invisiglass. It makes no sense for someone waiting in line to opt for the 75th. However, with LE's going for 9 or 10k and you really wanted a NIB the 75th is worth considering if you're not already in line.

#73 10 years ago

You guys think someone is going to admit buying one in a thread like this where they know they will leave themselves open to ridicule? I don't think so.....

#74 10 years ago

As an ECLE owner, I'm obviously out.

Not only that, but I think I'm out of the NIB pinball game entirely. It's just too much money.

And the companies are raising the price with every release, every time you turn around. Adding LE models, hyping LE models, jacking up the prices on LE models, seeing how far collectors can be bent before they break... At some point, you have to say "Ok, that's enough! I'm out!"

I'll go back to buying used machines again, for a small fraction of the cost. $7000- $8000 - $9000 ? Nah.... that's just a ridiculous amount of money for a pinball machine. Don't want to do it anymore, I'd rather just buy and play many of the used machines I've always wanted and still haven't owned, and stare at thousands more dollars in the bank instead.

I thank the announcement of the $9,000.00 75LE for snapping me out of it! Thanks again!

#75 10 years ago

Factoring in three years of marketing and all the existing buyers of WOZLE & WOZ--you'd suspect that the majority of people who wanted a new one already pulled the trigger (add to that: existing position sales/Ebay sales, etc.)

If I had to guess: it seems like it would be quite a challenge to surpass the sales of the 1000 Emerald City LEs--let alone get to the 1500 number.

Adding to that: the record-level price tag of $9,000 for NIB...

...no thanks, I'll stick to used pins & fix 'em up.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Not only that, but I think I'm out of the NIB pinball game entirely. It's just too much money.
And the companies are raising the price with every release, every time you turn around. Adding LE models, hyping LE models, jacking up the prices on LE models, seeing how far collectors can be bent before they break... At some point, you have to say "Ok, that's enough! I'm out!"
I'll go back to buying used machines again, for a small fraction of the cost. $7000- $8000 - $9000 ? Nah.... that's just a ridiculous amount of money for a pinball machine. Don't want to do it anymore, I'd rather just buy and play many of the used machines I've always wanted and still haven't owned, and stare at thousands more dollars in the bank instead.
I thank the announcement of the $9,000.00 75LE for snapping me out of it! Thanks again!

I said that when NIB games topped 5 grand.
LOTS of good , no great titles for way less.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Adding to that: the record-level price tag of $9,000 for NIB...

Nah, MG and BHZA are still higher. And at least you know what you're getting with WOZ.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Nah, MG and BHZA are still higher. And at least you know what you're getting with WOZ.

I think that is an invalid comparison since those pins have not been released, nobody knows when they are coming, they are extremely limited in quantity (complete opposite of WOZ standard, ECLE, and Ruby Red versions), and are "boutique" pins.

The $9k price tag for the Ruby WOZ is indeed the new record for a pin that will be made in large numbers.

#79 10 years ago

$9k....crazy

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I know this is going to sound a bit hypocritical since I have STLE coming, but...I agree with you completely. Things have really become crazy.

I hereby take the oath: I will *not* be pre-ordering any NIB pin in 2014 that costs $7k or more. I will leave a small window open for pins that are less than that, including offerings from the likes of Spooky Pinball, but even then, I am strongly leaning towards ruling out any NIB pins in 2014 altogether. I like my current collection, but when I decide I'm tired of one of my pins and I want to try something different, I am more than willing to go back to some more of the "bang for the buck" pins that are out there that I have yet to own (T3, WPT, RBION etc).

There is still a whole world of pins out there that I have yet to have the pleasure of owning, including pins from the 80's. I still want to own pins like Embryon, Space Shuttle, Whirlwind, Fathom, Centaur etc. I know that some of those aren't cheap, but compared to $8k and $9k price tags...they are.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hereby take the oath: I will *not* be pre-ordering any NIB pin in 2014 that costs $7k or more. I will leave a small window open for pins that are less than that,

Joining the club eh? We have to stop fueling the beast and I was very guilty. We created the monster we hate. Its obvious its way past cost vs product and all about us tripping over ourselves.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yes, a distributor did buy 125. But as we all know, they aren't truly 'sold' until collectors and ops buy them from the dist's.
I remember all too well Sterns crap about 'sold out' pins, only to find out the dists were squatting on them forever.

Money in JJP hands from a distributor is sold regardless of who pays. The distributor could end up owning 125 and selling them for less, or they could end up with 125 of the only red LEs and selling them for more. Only time will tell.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hereby take the oath: I will *not* be pre-ordering any NIB pin in 2014 that costs $7k or more.

I'm going to take it a step further. I will not be buying any pins on pre-order ever again. Money = pin in box on its way to my house.

#84 10 years ago

Let me say that I'm also complicit in creating this hype...well small token but I cancelled my MMR order, I feel the same way, we can stop this unhealthy trend, if not then at least we choose not to participate. I hereby take the oath: I will not buy NIB till the prices are some what sane again, what is sane? 5-6K prices, if not then as many of you already stated there are so many titles out there 1.5k-4k (SM, AC/DC,FG POTC, STTNG, NF, FT, RBION and IJ to name a few) that will keep me busy for a decade.

#85 10 years ago

The hype created by the companies is great marketing, but this whole pre-order unfinished NIB LE thing, at ever increasing quantities and price, will come to a halt soon.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Let me say that I'm also complicit in creating this hype...well small token but I cancelled my MMR order, I feel the same way, we can stop this unhealthy trend, if not then at least we choose not to participate. I hereby take the oath: I will not buy NIB till the prices are some what sane again, what is sane? 5-6K prices, if not then as many of you already stated there are so many titles out there 1.5k-4k (SM, AC/DC,FG POTC, STTNG, NF, FT, RBION and IJ to name a few) that will keep me busy for a decade.

SM for 4k tops? or did your forget a "B" after the "SM"?

#87 10 years ago

I won't be buying any nib over 7k. Even then it must have mostly complete code and I'll never do another pre-order that is years out.

#88 10 years ago

2014 is an exciting year for titles but I think I'm going to be sitting on the sidelines and letting everyone else fight it out over this new batch of machines. $8K STLE, $8K MMR, $8K WOZ std, $8K Hobbit and now $9K WOZ Ruby Red means that I'm officially priced out of NIB.-well I guess Stern Pro is still an option. Sounds like a good year to just enjoy the machines I already have and feel fortunate that I was able to build up a decent collection before pinball pricing "jumped the shark"...

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

SM for 4k tops? or did your forget a "B" after the "SM"?

They come up for ale in FL every now and again 4K is good. How much did you sell yours for?

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=163687

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Didn't feel Boutique pins were really applicable to the discussion--but your point is noted.

#91 10 years ago

There are some things being posted in this thread that's making me feel like...just maybe...our hobby isn't yet too far gone.

It seems like the tide might be starting to turn, and that a considerable amount of people are starting to wake up and get it.

If this can actually happen on Pinside, it can happen anywhere.

*sniff* *sniff*

I love you guys!

grinch.jpggrinch.jpg

#92 10 years ago

I hearby take the pledge - no more pre-orders, no more NIB pins over $7k
Now everyone else do it.
We on Pinside are a small portion of the market, but we are vocal.
Change the system!

#93 10 years ago

Where might one find this alleged Warner Bros. Catalog?

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Joining the club eh? We have to stop fueling the beast and I was very guilty. We created the monster we hate. Its obvious its way past cost vs product and all about us tripping over ourselves.

Yep. I wasn't that bad, actually, because I have only pre-ordered two pins ever: XMen LE and now STLE. But I admit that I have still got caught up in the hype in the past, but these new price points make it really crazy to pre-order a pin you haven't played, especially when we know code will not be complete.

I was a good boy on MET. Didn't pre-order. Waited to play it. Loved it. Ordered a Premium (almost went Pro).

Quoted from PEN:

I'm going to take it a step further. I will not be buying any pins on pre-order ever again. Money = pin in box on its way to my house.

Yes, actually I should have said this instead of limiting it to no pre-orders of anything at $7k or above. Since that pretty much rules out any JJP pins and any LE from Stern going forward...there is zero reason to pre-order a pro or premium version of a Stern as they will be available later.

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

There are some things being posted in thread that's making me feel like...just maybe...our hobby isn't yet too far gone.
It seems like the tide might be starting to turn, and that a considerable amount of people are starting to wake up and get it.
If this can actually happen on Pinside, it can happen anywhere.
*sniff* *sniff*
I love you guys!

grinch.jpg 45 KB

Seriously though, I know that you have been frustrated (rightly so) with the way things have been going in the hobby to the point of considering getting out altogether. I'm glad that you are sticking with it, at least for now, to see how things pan out.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously though, I know that you have been frustrated (rightly so) with the way things have been going in the hobby to the point of considering getting out altogether. I'm glad that you are sticking with it, at least for now, to see how things pan out.

Thank you, sir.

I'm hoping that in 2014, the hobby is a lot less stupid, a lot less greedy, and a lot more accessible to the people who really get pinball.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Where might one find this alleged Warner Bros. Catalog?

Hasn't been printed yet.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

They come up for ale in FL every now and again 4K is good. How much did you sell yours for?
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=163687

you are stuck in 2010?

#99 10 years ago

I don't really understand so much questioning about the pricing of a new game.

Sure a lot of you won't be buying one. But I don't see these driving pricing of existing games down. If anything, maybe up. How is that bad for old timers?

I don't know if building a higher level, higher priced "toy" is a ticket to success. We don't know what content or production cost is. But if I was running this business and saw a chance to put myself in the black this early I sure would do it.

We all know about these games, not too many others do. I can easily see how somebody with a higher end entertainment area in their home could purchase one of these. Getting them to see these is the key. It would kill me personally to see it happen but if Oprah had this as "one her favorite things" it might just be enough a "placement" that could sell many more. (wow would that piss me off) And I not going to under estimate Jack's drive to promote this. Lots of you swore it was never going to get this far.

Sorry if I ranted or became devil's advocate.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's the thing, you don't have to. They are on Ebay for less then that and at least one distributor is accepting best offers… so what does that mean? Will they sell them off Ebay for $8800? $8500? Name your price soon.

Good point! I know of a NIB LE that sold on Ebay today for $6900 but it wasn't a JJP game (STLE)
Pretty big discount! like you say....Just name your price!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-le-buyers-list/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.