(Topic ID: 186623)

WOZ 75th Anniversary: To purchase or Not to purchase?

By thewolks

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by thewolks
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should I pull the trigger on the WOZ 75th or perhaps another title?”

• Wizard of OZ 75th anniversary 83 votes
    76%
  • Medieval Madness (original) 11 votes
    10%
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights 4 votes
    4%
  • White Water 8 votes
    7%
  • Theatre of Magic 3 votes
    3%

(109 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170507_004122 (resized).jpg
20170428_180111 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
wizard75 (resized).png
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

For sure get the RR, I was never a big WoZ fan but more I play it the more I like it, I've played many but the RR is the best edition.

If I had more room and the budget to get it would be mine.

My problem is that I am attached to all my pins, so I have a hard time letting go, I mean I could sell my STLE or AcDc premium and get one Woz but I have a very hard time selling except for my XMLE.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For sure get the RR, I was never a big WoZ fan but more I play it the more I like it, I've played many but the RR is the best edition.
If I had more room and the budget to get it would be mine.
My problem is that I am attached to all my pins, so I have a hard time letting go, I mean I could sell my STLE or AcDc premium and get one Woz but I have a very hard time selling except for my XMLE.

This problem is very real. I need a star wars, but I'd have to sell Metallica. I don't want to let anything go. Op, I will say this. Woz RR will Never leave. It is hands down my favorite. Get woz over mm. Mm is great, but if you have it in home, I feel it could get repetitive. I would still love to own one, but not over woz.

#53 6 years ago

My advice is try and get over the idea that you can't get rid of your other pins to get what you want.

It's really hard, I've finally broken that habit, LOTRLE, SM and now AC/DC premium tomorrow is going out the door.

You can always get them back if you miss then too much. I might regret Ac/dc big time!

As for WOZ, I'd have a little patience and wait until Star Wars gets announced and DI starts shipping. You will see more really good deals on the market.

Woz is a great pin to own and play. However, for me, it is next up on the cut list after 3+ years.

#54 6 years ago

I am considering selling my WOZ Ruby Red if anyone is interested.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

change your balls out as they are probably magnetized

Well that was an absurd non sequitur but I'm assuming youre answering my problem of the monkey not dropping the ball? I'm using pinball life super shinys....magnetism shouldn't be a problem. But I'll try it, thanks!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well that was an absurd non sequitur but I'm assuming youre answering my problem of the monkey not dropping the ball? I'm using pinball life super shinys....magnetism shouldn't be a problem. But I'll try it, thanks!

I wasn't talking about your pinballs

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am considering selling my WOZ Ruby Red if anyone is interested.

PM'd

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

Our new WOZ Ruby Red was delivered Friday from Larry @ FlipNout Pinball. Gorgeous game with a tremendous amount going on! I say go for it!

PM'd

#59 6 years ago

I'm considering selling also my WOZ RR. My daughter won't allow me to do so.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

I'm considering selling also my WOZ RR. My daughter won't allow me to do so.

Smart daughter. Lol.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My advice is try and get over the idea that you can't get rid of your other pins to get what you want.
It's really hard, I've finally broken that habit, LOTRLE, SM and now AC/DC premium tomorrow is going out the door.
You can always get them back if you miss then too much. I might regret Ac/dc big time!
As for WOZ, I'd have a little patience and wait until Star Wars gets announced and DI starts shipping. You will see more really good deals on the market.
Woz is a great pin to own and play. However, for me, it is next up on the cut list after 3+ years.

I am an extreme buy and hold person.

I've had PotC for 9+ years and would be easy to sell that replace with something new. But I have not defeated Potc or any of my pins so it's almost like I feel like I need to beat it before I sell.

My friend is exactly opposite he will sell everything within 6 to 26 months.

I could have traded SM for AS or trade Potc for FG or any number of trades even trade STLE for Woz or TH

But I'm kind of set in my ways, I know it's not the end of the world but if I love Tron or TWD or AcDc I don't see ever selling them.

1 week later
#62 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and input......as I was in this process to purchase the WOZ 75th Ruby, a collector friend of mine through me a curve ball, he texted me one night while at dinner "You interested in my MM?" um Yes Please! It was fully restored back in 2008, playfield done by Playfield Renovations, has Color DMD, LED's in trolls, painted castle, LED's in the dragon eyes and mouth, light behind the wizard, Scoop protectors and new ball trough. So having said all this I purchased it from him instead of buying the WOZ. The story doesn't end here, as this deal was going through I had messaged a fellow pinside her about a deal that he had made and I was just following up to ask him how it worked out for him and as we were talking back and forth about his new pickups he simply states "you have an SS right?" Yes I do! " you want to sell it?" Me No! Then the conversation turns to the fact that he has a WOZ 75th Ruby Edition and he offers it because he really wants another Scared Stiff...... so turns out I got them both an original Medieval Madness and a WOZ 75th Ruby. Win Win!

20170507_004122 (resized).jpg20170507_004122 (resized).jpg

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from thewolks:

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and input......as I was in this process to purchase the WOZ 75th Ruby, a collector friend of mine through me a curve ball, he texted me one night while at dinner "You interested in my MM?" um Yes Please! It was fully restored back in 2008, playfield done by Playfield Renovations, has Color DMD, LED's in trolls, painted castle, LED's in the dragon eyes and mouth, light behind the wizard, Scoop protectors and new ball trough. So having said all this I purchased it from him instead of buying the WOZ. The story doesn't end here, as this deal was going through I had messaged a fellow pinside her about a deal that he had made and I was just following up to ask him how it worked out for him and as we were talking back and forth about his new pickups he simply states "you have an SS right?" Yes I do! " you want to sell it?" Me No! Then the conversation turns to the fact that he has a WOZ 75th Ruby Edition and he offers it because he really wants another Scared Stiff...... so turns out I got them both an original Medieval Madness and a WOZ 75th Ruby. Win Win!

Ok, so now your going to have to let US know what YOU think of the machines side by side!

#64 6 years ago

Great score. Congrats on two greats.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Great score. Congrats on two greats.

Thank you

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Ok, so now your going to have to let US know what YOU think of the machines side by side!

So different, both great, but not getting much play time as my wife has been all over them both!

#67 6 years ago

If I could only have 4 machines, it'd be WOZ, MM, LOTR and TZ. As TAF is a decent TZ replacement, you have a great collection to me!

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

If I could only have 4 machines, it'd be WOZ, MM, LOTR and TZ. As TAF is a decent TZ replacement, you have a great collection to me!

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-anniversary-to-purchase-or-not-to-purchase/page/2?hl=spg101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.