image-463.jpg
WOZnado.jpg
image.jpg
trophy1.gif
rent.jpg
image-435.jpg
image-475.jpg
image-256.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#242 10 years ago

WTF! Been in meetings all day and have a two hr drive home. So I can text while driving all the way home. JK, have buddy driving.

After looking through all this my first thought was WTF, I just got my Woz Le and this feels like an eye poking. As I read on, and thought in my infinite wisdom "does it really matter"? 1000 was never limited. Neither is 300 or 1500.

I got my Le for 6500 and am thrilled. Would I pay 9k? No.

I do think pinball war is upon us and only the strong will survive.

If Jack can sell 1500 at 9k. I say go get em.

I also understand why some people would be pissed.

The usual agitators with no skin in the game, not so much.

#253 10 years ago

If 1500 people pay 9k for this and 8k for TH and 8k for MMR at another 1500 and 1000 respectively AND Stern tries to float 6 pins in 18 months, all of them won't be left standing because the "market" isn't that big, I don't think.

2014 will be a year to remember!

#262 10 years ago

Another thought, if Jack is done with production sooner than projected and before TH ramps up what is he supposed to do? Have his workers play tiddly winks? When you have a hot product like Woz, go for the jugular, rip the competition a new one and how much the market can really bear.

When Stern jacked up Le totals to 799 and 8k look what happened. A big thud. If Stern can sell 1000 Le's he would do it in a heartbeat. Obviously he can't.

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The red game is not better IMHO I prefer the green with the wood signed apron! I will bolt the Tornado mod on.

Tmezel has one now

#551 10 years ago

I really don't get all the feigned outrage here by the people that don't own a Woz and never planned on owning one....

I get the outrage of anybody that owns a Woz and feels like they have been poked in the eye with the new "LE", they are entitled to their opinion.

I have never bought into the "LE" theory at any number (except MG, a true LE) that's why it doesn't bother me at all, if I didn't have my WozLe yet and had the chance to jump to the red one for another $2500 would I do it? NO WAY....imo that is complete stupidity, but I recognize people have their own motivations for doing things that look crazy as sh*t to me. Thus I could care less other than the possibility of getting some new mods for my Woz

What I am 99.99% sure of is that the market won't bear 1500 of these at 9k. What is the distributor price? I'm sure it was Automated that bought the 125 reds? If you want a "red one", just wait until they put these on clearance.

In my life, I live by the principle that the more that I give back to people, the more rewards I receive in the future. Was the 9k price tag on an additional 1500 pins a good business decision? Time will tell, I think NOT but hey maybe it will work out and Jack is the one that has to live with it. Either way it will be fun to watch!

#556 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

It's hilarious to see Jack reply to these forums so much when he is trying to pimp a new product. But when WoZ owners need him to be straight with them, all they get is Pinchroma (Alex) so Jack can later say "I never said that".

Wake up guys.

At least Jack, Alex and Lloyd actually participate here and the latter two are extremely helpful! I'll take it, it's Stern that better "wake up".....

#560 10 years ago

Love the "shark/pinside tank"! ......there will be a lot of "for that reason I am out" comments now

Sucks that you have to work today Hwawonyu, at least you'll have this thread to keep you entertained

Quoted from MrDo:

What I said had NOTHING to do with comparing pinball companies. There are aspects of each that I agree/disagree with... in fact, I didn't say JJP, I said Jack.

I realize that, and that is why I was comparing pinball companies because you didn't.

#572 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

If the bat-shit insane pinball enthusiasts of today will so eagerly spend $8,000 on a remake of a 16-year-old game, then spending $9,000 on "TEH FUTURE OF PINBALL ERMAGHURD!!11!" is a cakewalk. Or at least, he thought it was.

Bingo...............of course that had to be the thought process. Sometimes we are all guilty of being self absorbed and can't see the forrest through the trees!

#586 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

If they can't sell this newest model, I'd be pretty nervous about the money you have tied up for your THLE.

Thanks for the tip

People are deluding themselves if they really think "LE" means anything with respect to long term value. 300, 500, 799, 1000, 1500 is too many anyhow......and how many "LE's", "SE's" models are coming down the road to further dilute the whole concept.......

It's not just pin specific for LE's, its the entire LE saturation........

#594 10 years ago

What took u so long to reply to my feigned outrage comment?

I don't bash STLE. I had skin in the game and you know and am glad to be out. Where was your outrage when Stern upped the price and LE number to 799. It only lasted a day or two right?

#600 10 years ago

Jack is the one who has to live with his decisions. Some people have already backed out of TH and I'm sure cost himself some loyalty on this one. Do I think it was a good move? Nope, but I don't really care either.

And if someone bought TH thinking 1500 was LE and would be outraged at another 1500 LE run in the future then I really just don't know what to say for you.

Rage on. Feigned or otherwise

#612 10 years ago

Another thought. Could be that Jack knows there is no way he is selling 1500 of these at 9k but figures maybe he could do 250-500? But if he announced another LE run of 250 reds then what?

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

The game is great, The way it is being peddled is not. Lets see an actual good argument against that.

I think you are correct! The "limited to 1500" announcement when the reality is a whole lot less will be made at 9k is quite deceptive. After people snapped up 1000 MMR's in two days like rabid dogs, at 8k.......

#668 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

JJP can't even get 1/2 of the original, paid in full LE orders out the door.

I'm not worried they will suddenly go into high gear and start making too many of something.

But are there cars in the parking lot yet?

#719 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Lets see how WOZ and JJP fare a year or two from this date.

That's what Blackberry said about the iPhone when it was released!

Btw, some of you guys should take a thread break, Thor was a fantastic movie, go see it

#723 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

We can no longer afford to see movies,now that pinball is getting close to 10K shipped !

No shit! Gas and groceries next?

#760 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think JJP is absolutely crazy to think they can sell 1500 @ 9k ...

I don't think Jack is crazy, I think he figures he will sell at least a few hundred or maybe several hundred but had to say the quantity would be "limited to 1500" so it didn't look like it was a direct eye poking to the original LE owners.....

The red will end up being a whole lot more "limited" imo........

#854 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Poor example to make your case, as both of those devices ARE, and HAVE BEEN, in existence.

Actually they are not.......PS4 comes out 11/15

And plenty of people pre order video games.....

Just like those games you always have two choices:

1) Pre order on the payment plan, some people like that option

2) Wait until it comes out, play it, see if you like it, more people are starting to adopt that option

It's a just a choice for people to make, simple as that........

#916 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Stern has no reason to try to knock out JJP yet, they are riding this nice price wave JJP has created.

As long as JJP keeps doing market research for them in terms of game technology and pricing, Stern can just sit in the background and enjoy the benefits.

Not being cruel to JJP, but there really isn't a scenario where JJP dethrones Stern overnight. It would be a gradual process that would be Stern's to lose.

Exactly right, riding the wave, this is def not "price fixing" by any stretch, these guys have zero ability to peg pricing at any level......consumers will and already have bailed at certain higher price points

I can see a future where Stern is the pro/premium model king and JJP makes the cadillac version for the higher end consumer.....that said, at some point I can see JJP dipping down into that market as well...i.e. the Iphone C

Stern might be wise to adopt that model now of just pro/premium and maybe 250-500 LE but with JJP in the mix now they won't be selling 799 LE's at that price.......imho

#949 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

When he set that 10k price tag years ago it was definitely higher than most but by todays standards of what you're getting from JJP / Stern for the same 8-9k price tag, I'll take a custom JPop creation any day....

Seems like a bargain today doesn't it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-anniversary-le-the-real-le?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.