image-463.jpg
WOZnado.jpg
image.jpg
trophy1.gif
rent.jpg
image-435.jpg
image-475.jpg
image-256.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#604 10 years ago

People need to recognize that while we are all in the hobby to enjoy the games, some are also excited about the collectibility nature it presents in addition to gameplay. Many of us come from the comic, autograph, baseball card, antique toys or stamp collecting hobbies. It's cool to own a rarity, something unique, and the hunt to acquire is also part of the rush.

As a hobby we need to define what an LE is or should be. Because right now I don't think the manufacturers do. I respect their right to make money - as they should, risk = reward. But some who buy in on an announced LE are also buying in for the gameplay AND the risk = reward of collectibility of something possibly rare and more desired. If all buyers know up front only x LE's will ever be made - or two LE versions will ever be made - and they decide to take the risk/reward and pay more - that's the game and all is fair and just. But when this is not clearly communicated and changes (regardless if its JJP/Stern/SkitB/JPOP/whomever) this rightfully upsets a group of buyers who regardless of right/wrong intentions were misled in their purchase decision. You did just change the definition of an LE - and those buyers likely would have voted differently with their wallet knowing this now.

I do believe start up manufacturers (JPOP, JJP, SkitB, PP) should just focus on getting a solid game in the market, filling orders in a timely fashion, and produce a "bling kit" if you want to make more money. Complicating a production line that is already way behind in production run - be careful biting off more than you can chew. Ford started off with "only black" for a reason. As his business grew, he was proven wrong and the market forced change. But he had a thriving business first.

I wish all the best but this hobby is getting nuts. Bling is cool but get the base products out first please. Pretty please. With sugar on top.

#681 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

People need to recognize that while we are all in the hobby to enjoy the games, some are also excited about the collectibility nature it presents in addition to gameplay. Many of us come from the comic, autograph, baseball card, antique toys or stamp collecting hobbies. It's cool to own a rarity, something unique, and the hunt to acquire is also part of the rush.

As a hobby we need to define what an LE is or should be. Because right now I don't think the manufacturers do. I respect their right to make money - as they should, risk = reward. But some who buy in on an announced LE are also buying in for the gameplay AND the risk = reward of collectibility of something possibly rare and more desired. If all buyers know up front only x LE's will ever be made - or two LE versions will ever be made - and they decide to take the risk/reward and pay more - that's the game and all is fair and just. But when this is not clearly communicated and changes (regardless if its JJP/Stern/SkitB/JPOP/whomever) this rightfully upsets a group of buyers who regardless of right/wrong intentions were misled in their purchase decision. You did just change the definition of an LE - and those buyers likely would have voted differently with their wallet knowing this now.

I do believe start up manufacturers (JPOP, JJP, SkitB, PP) should just focus on getting a solid game in the market, filling orders in a timely fashion, and produce a "bling kit" if you want to make more money. Complicating a production line that is already way behind in production run - be careful biting off more than you can chew. Ford started off with "only black" for a reason. As his business grew, he was proven wrong and the market forced change. But he had a thriving business first.

I wish all the best but this hobby is getting nuts. Bling is cool but get the base products out first please. Pretty please. With sugar on top.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I get the thread is long but some of you slamming those who are upset - recognize where LE buyers are coming from. Rather than preaching rich people shouldn't complain.

#690 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think the people who are most pissed off are the people who have had every intention of flipping their machine

So the collector of an original Picaso painting is just in it for the money. Please brother.

#693 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Absolutely. Because they know they can enjoy it for a few years and most likely sell it for more. I don't think anybody would buy a pricey painting if they thought they'd lose money on it.

A quarter has two sides to it - heads and tails. You're choosing to see one side only to support your argument. Collectors don't always collect to profit. Pen & Teller's, Teller collects Houdini artifacts. All for profit? Try and remove the emotion of your position and understand there are two sides to this situation.

#754 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It looks like the wife and I will get a "America's Most Haunted" pinball from Spooky Pinball Company as my first NIB.

Agree with your entire post. However, if this is the Ben Heck game you are referring to play it first. Was left very unimpressed at Expo. Like Ben, but game was a meh.

#763 10 years ago
Quoted from asg612:

My kids can't wait for their WOZ - lets see JJP work 7 days a week to get the machines that are on order out the Dorr and into the hands of their owners who funded JJP's company. I think if everyone had their games already and this was announced people would be less disturbed by the news. I know I would have been.

You hit part of the nail on the head. The sting of waiting since 2011 for some of us who paid since then is turning into resentment towards an announcement of yet another version. My kids were so excited when we ordered and when JJP started shipping. Now, I'm the joke of the family. "Hey Dad, hear from JJP on your order? Will it be here by XMAS 2015? Are you sure they got your check back in 2011. Can I have some money to buy ___? I will pay you back when you get your WOZ. Hahaha". A family moment has turned into a family joke. I will not mention this Ruby Red version to my family. But here I wait while locals get their standard version they ordered three weeks ago. Distributors get games they ordered after my 2011 order. Now Ruby freakin red.

Collectibility I've said enough on. Manufacturers just don't get it. I just want my game I paid for in full years ago.

#825 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

And in my opinion is a better value + you can own it now.

Obviously you missed my post.

Quoted from teekee:

Exactly and I feel bad for you. I know someone that missed out on an LE and went ahead and bought a Standard because he also thought it was the only option. That's why what JJP did here is so wrong. It sucks for many that made bad buying decisions because there were no other options, or so we thought…

I won't agree with teekee on the dumpster comments at all. But you guys who are attacking him on the above comments are incorrect. He is right on point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-anniversary-le-the-real-le?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.