image-463.jpg
WOZnado.jpg
image.jpg
trophy1.gif
rent.jpg
image-435.jpg
image-475.jpg
image-256.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fatsquatch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#66 10 years ago

Ya know, it's BAD ENOUGH that new pins cost the ridiculous amounts they do now, but when they start getting the home video treatment*, it's even more absurd.

But then again, too many pinball collectors are crazy enough to buy these overpriced machines TWICE, so as a businessman in a Capitalist environment, I guess Jack can't be blamed for any shenanigans.

* New movie is released on DVD/Bluray, only to be supplanted by a different version with more features a short time later.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

Jack, even though I am not upgrading my WOZECLE, I am hoping to be a preorder on game #3 (any hints on what itll be? Lol)

I'm going in on game #5.

Where should I send my $17,000 payment?

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Perhaps it will introduce pinball to a new group of people. I see that as a good thing.

Sorry, but I am so goddamn tired of reading this type of statement every time this sort of discussion comes up.

At this point, the only new people that are going to come into pinball as a result of a new $9,000+ game are one-percenters looking for something frivolous to buy.

The "average Joe" wants no part of a big ass toy that costs as much, or more, than a nice car.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm in for the next version - the Winged Monkey 3D Edition LE --- only 2000 will be made!!! Glasses-free LCD display replaces the standard LCD...monkeys & fireballs really fly out of the screen at you!!!

Whoa...

That's gonna be tight, yo.

So very tight.

#393 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Him and the other 99% of the hobby, who can afford this shit?

Exactly.

#566 10 years ago

Isn't this whole thing a simple situation where Jack saw (firsthand, as a distributor) how well the Medieval Madness remake sold on DAY 1, and then immediately went into "how can I replicate that?!"

Everybody went crazy with "TAKE MY $8,000 NOW, BLARGH!!!" over MMr, and Jack has to know that there's a shit-ton of profit being made on a game with little-to-no R&D costs; just produce parts, assemble, and PROFIT BIG. The easiest way for him to do that wasn't to develop a new game, of course, it was to use a game that had already been developed...a game where he can make a few small changes and sell at a greater price.

If the bat-shit insane pinball enthusiasts of today will so eagerly spend $8,000 on a remake of a 16-year-old game, then spending $9,000 on "TEH FUTURE OF PINBALL ERMAGHURD!!11!" is a cakewalk. Or at least, he thought it was.

#588 10 years ago
Quoted from rlevin:

We are now taking preorders for this new LE looks like a wonderful game. call us at Chattanooga Pinball and get a Pinside discount

Oh, you nutty retailers. Always actively participating in the hobbyist side of things; adding much value to current discussions and whatnot.

#608 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, at least my Caribbean Cruise LE (only 377 made!) hasn't gone down in value...it's still worth like 200 bucks lol

Nice!

Just add some pointlessly tacky mods to it, and you can QUADRUPLE yer money!

#698 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ is one heck of an amazing pinball machine and after owning it for a week I can say without a doubt that it's the best pinball machine I've ever played.

Might wanna play some more titles.

#785 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

...collection is doing just fine without WOZ.

But...but...what about fighting gravity by using flippers to keep a silver ball in action on a playfield? A playfield that has targets and ramps and toys oh my!

Wait... I didn't do that right....

What I meant to say, is, what about the fit and finish and LCD screen? Jack really thought outside of the box, creating impressive synergy that resulted in a massive paradigm shift. WoZ is absolutely like no other game before or since, and by not having one, you are COMPLETELY missing out.

My god, man...IT'S TEH FUTURE OF PINBALLS!!1!!!

#796 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

and let's not forget, one sale doesn't set the whole market

If the hobby understood that, we wouldn't be in quite the situation we are now.

Someone needs to produce and sell Common Sense - Hyper Limited Edition.

#808 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't feel bad for me. My game is still better than all of yours.

#851 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You mean like amazon does every day for preorders for products like playstation 4 or xbox one?

Poor example to make your case, as both of those devices ARE, and HAVE BEEN, in existence.

#852 10 years ago

rent.jpgrent.jpg

#857 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After owning a WOZECLE for over a week I've been nothing but impressed and from what I've read so is everyone else who own's one. This is easily the best pinball machine I've every owned.

You're still in the "honeymoon phase". Owning a machine for "over a week" isn't even remotely enough time to be proclaiming it anything -- either the best, the worst, or anything in between.

And the fact that you've already rated the game a perfect 10 here on Pinside, illustrates perfectly why the Top 100 SHOULD NOT be the authority on whether a game is good or bad.

#858 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Actually they are not.......PS4 comes out 11/15
And plenty of people pre order video games.....

Sony has a sales embargo on the PS4 until that date, but the systems are very much in existence and sitting in warehouses. Same with the Xbox One and every other console in history.

You think they wait till sales day to start building these things?

#859 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

PS4 and XBox one? Not even shipped yet. Preorders have been going on for a year.

Not shipped, but built, and very much IN EXISTENCE.

*see above*

#862 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

So they have been sitting in a warehouse for 16 months? That's when they went on sale for preorder.
Good to know.

PS4 pre-orders went on sale immediately following the E3 announcement on June 10, 2013.

But whatever. You win. Here's a trophy:

trophy1.giftrophy1.gif

#864 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With that being said I do think that $9k is crazy for a pinball machine.

Well, we certainly both agree on that.

Fatsquatch, out.

#924 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pinball is heading for a crash. We're seeing companies crawling out of the woodwork to make games, with no idea yet on quality (like 1984's videogame crash) and prices skyrocketing up due to demand and "scarcity" (like housing 8 years ago)
And just like homeowners were, "normal" people are being priced out of the market.

This man absolutely speaks the truth.

#925 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Then we have PPS with the MMr @ 8K oh and if you missed out on the LE well you can get the stripped down model for the same price.
I hear the sound of one hand clapping.
There is no competition this is price fixing and I have lost all interest in any of these games.
I am done with this crap and I am not buying any games and I will sit on what I have and play them.
If we stop buying on the HUO market then the NIB guys won't have the funds to buy these NIB games or anywhere to put them.
There is a ripple effect coming so gouge us while you can.

#989 10 years ago

This thread stopped being fun a few pages ago, and is now just annoying.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

#991 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

This thread stopped being fun a few pages ago, and is now just annoying.
Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

I think I just made an unintentional metaphor for the current state of the pinball hobby.

Whoa.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 24.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fatsquatch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-anniversary-le-the-real-le?tu=Fatsquatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.