• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Whitey1 (resized).jpeg
whitey2 (resized).jpeg
woz-boards (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 5 years ago

Man this seems like a huge pain to upgrade to 2.0. Kinda makes me want to just buy a machine that already has 2.0. So many horror stories about dead boards.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Games with 5.0 unbuffered boards are those that have been prone to issues. A vast majority of owners of games with 5.5v buffered, and 7.5v unbuffered / buffered have thankfully never had an issue. My WOZ ECLE has 7.5 unbuffered boards and I've never had an issue in over 5 years of owning the game.

I’ve seen enough people with 7.5 or even buffered boards though that had problems to worry me. I’m even considering buying a used one that has a bad board. Not looking forward to the time sink of an upgrade though. Hmm

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I have newer 7.5 boards (some with the daughter board, some integrated) and I can tell you first hand they will fail. I have replace 7-8 of them since I bought the game new in 2015? I just bought five for the discount with the intension of keeping two as spares but I ended up having to use them all. Ironically I seem to lose boards right at an update, every single time. Lucky for me so far all failed boards have been the smaller ones but as soon as a larger board goes I'm out on this older system.

It seems that once one fails that one or other boards will continue failing. Doesn’t stop until you upgrade to 2.0. The non 2.0 buffered can work solid for a long time, until they don’t. Then it’s just downhill it seems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75-buffer-boards?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.