View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).JPG
1456445291092-1358165630_(resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_6469_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-11_at_10.43.14_AM_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago

I posted on the JJP forum but the CB exploit penalty seems really slippery. If I have two balls trapped on the left I can't shoot for the CB from a backhand now?

If I'm in RESCUEMB I'll often get the 3x jackpot by doing this "exploit." Will that then put me into a No hold flippers? How is that different than just shooting the right ramp over and over to collect 3x Jackpots and then just Jackpot it over and over.

I just don't see how the code determines a player's intent to exploit.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

So, does this only apply while battling the witch? If I lose the ability to backhand the crystal ball to collect a CB award, I'll be screwed. I can't hit it from the right to save my life.

if this is the case that would make sense.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Shooting the ramp takes some skill. Backhanding the crystal ball over and over from the two ball cradle takes no skill.

but getting to a two ball cradle takes some skill as well. Seems like you could just force the player to shoot something else before the CB was available to be shot again. This would be similar to the YBR change early on where you could just nail the right ramp over and over and over. The change forced players to cycle between orbits and ramp shots and made it much less repetitive.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

And that's exactly what has been done, forcing you to shoot something else otherwise you'll be punished by the witch. It's all speculation until we see the actual implementation in game. Is it 2 shots in a row? 3 shots? etc...
Part of me wondered how long it would take until some tournament player decided to loop the crystal ball over and over during a match. This stops it dead, makes me very happy even if it kills the easy path to 3x jackpot/melt the witch.

i just think the punishment of playing no hold flippers, if the game reads normal(random) gameplay as an exploit, to be pretty severe. Forcing the player to make a second shot before a second CB shot could be awarded seems like a simple way to kill the exploit. In Rescue MB I think the technique is fair to get to 3x Jackpot but maybe after that force a second shot so a player just doesn't exploit the CB shot for jackpots. In MTW it seems as though the exploit could be killed by not allowing a player to collect consecutive CB shots.

I understand the need to kill the exploit, I'm just not in agreement that creating a penalty like NHF isn't going to lead to more problems than it is trying to solve.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The Crystal Ball punishment is interesting. I don't know of any other games that punish for a style of playing - apart from tilt.
Is it aimed at tournaments? Don't hear of too many WOZ's being played in bigger tournaments.

WOZ was in PAPA and Pinburgh this past year.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I've set mine to kill the pops whenever I want not just when haunted mod is lit

surprised that is an option.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I wish every pin had it. TWD could use it. Ball gets stuck up there forever

but on WOZ that is part of the risk reward for going for Haunted Forest modes. If you can just kill the pops it makes the game so much easier. Pops on TWD are decent(not the exit though) because you can at least try to dump some balls in there during MB to make shots elsewhere.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I only use it when going for haunted or during TNPLH.

Do you get credit for pop hits even if the pops are killed by the flippers?

2 weeks later
#93 8 years ago

any word on 6.0? Don't want to post to the JJP forum asking again as that seems to set off a mandatory 6 day release delay.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Ok, I think it's just about time to see 6.0 released. I have a hunch it will be by this weekend... Just a hunch...and that it might be 6.66!

would like to know the status on the update. It has been a month since Keith said it would be up in a couple of days. I assume it's in Beta but it has been crickets from team JJP.

Really would like to get the Dorothy capture lamp issue sorted out if nothing else.

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I'm wondering if they'll fix the issue where a ball not quite making it through an orbit still triggers the monkey but then the monkey goes back and Dorothy can no longer be captured. Happens all the time on my game.

It's not that Dorothy cannot be captured as much as it is recognizing it as being captured when it wasn't. I agree this should be fixed though. If the game doesn't recognize the switch on the upper playfield being activated you would think the game would know that the ball was not locked.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Burn through the other witch Crystal Ball modes to get to it. It's an annoying mode, though. Better on paper.

Cross your hands and play, it's a fun mode unless it f ups a decent stack. 6.0 is suppose to have a ball save so that you have some time to switch your hands back. Another reason 6.-- needs to drop.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from MiSC90:

The one problem I keep having is the ball getting stuck behind the castle doors just as they are closing. Ball search can't open the doors because it's leaning on the left door itself and not in the hole. Is there a trick to this?

here is a fix someone posted on the JJP forum. A little wire clip using the existing screw. 10c fix. Make sure you have the rubber on that post behind the door as well, mine was missing or broke at some point during play.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-11_at_10.43.14_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-11_at_10.43.14_AM_(resized).png

#126 8 years ago

pretty sure its already been in beta testing for a month now so hopefully they flush out all the bugs.

1 week later
#138 8 years ago

I streamed about 4 hrs of 6.04
Game play tonight on Twitch. Code is nice but still a bug here and there.

#156 8 years ago

posted some video of 6.05 gameplay on my twitch channel.
Some curse words were used during these recordings. There are some bugs seen and a hard crash at the end of the longer video.

http://www.twitch.tv/richmondpinball/profile

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Until it crashed, did you generally like 6.05? I haven't heard too much about how it's different than the previous code. Each code update since I got my WOZ over 2 years ago, I've really enjoyed.

Some new animations for the castle playfield and lighting signals for Glinda are nice. More MB resurrections as well.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Any chance of getting it up to Youtube? Can't get Twitch/anything Flash to run from my PC.

I think I can do that. New to twitch so will post back

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

OK how do we get the 6.05 or even 6.04 download? I still only see 5.05 0n the site ?

It's in beta and still has some bugs.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What kinds of bugs have you found so far? I know you said you did not get a Lock light before Emerald City multiball. I have not had that happen.
Tonight, I did not get a Super Jackpot callout when I made the saucer, but the screen showed Super Jackpot. I believe the witch hurry up may have caused that sound issue.
The new code really took the game to another level to me. The difficulty is just right now. I am enjoying the game more than ever.

Had a system crash during a game, screen freeze up and had ECMB awards carry over from one game to the next.

3 weeks later
#229 8 years ago

Ive had issues when doing a full update if I don't empty the trash with the old code in it. Once the trash is emptied it will fully download.

3 weeks later
#344 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just had the most amazing game ever! 3,987,000!! At the end of while of my super long balls, I had over 1.7 million in bonus! Got to kill the witch twice (but failed both times), forest multiball, flipper frenzy, finished emerald city MB, and got really far in Dorthy (had like 4 or 5 red lights up top at the castle) This code and game is fantastic!!

Well done

#349 8 years ago

had a bug and crappy penalty for hitting the CB too regularly. The bug was during RESCUE MB I was awarded a CB jackpot when starting a CB mode and then was given no hold flippers for hitting the CB from the right 1x and then the left 2x in a row. Penalty for skilled play leading to No hold is bs IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-600-code?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.