View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).JPG
1456445291092-1358165630_(resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_6469_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-11_at_10.43.14_AM_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I especially like the "Tilt screen now shows bonus lost." code addition. I envision the Witch saying "Ha Ha!" impersonating Nelson from Simpson's. Also WoZ be the first game to let a player know how many points lost from a tilt, AWESOME!!

Keith already had it in mind, but I formally requested this a couple months ago after tilting what was probably close to a million in bonus. Can't wait for the first tournament where someone tilts their ball 3 and sees they had enough bonus to catch their opponent anyway...

Next formal request is the ability to pause (or just leave up longer) the math screens calculating bonus. I had another mega ball that I did NOT tilt... at end, I saw "End of ball bonus" screen, then two quick screens filled with calculations, followed by a 740K total screen. With all the ways one can earn, add and multiply bonus, let me see those calculations a bit longer so I know WTH I got the points.

Beautiful release, BTW. Crazy amount of support JJP is giving this game.

#43 8 years ago

Tilt warnings were given as awards in Dr Dude.

Punishing the player for exploiting the crystal ball fits perfectly with the theme. The crystal ball belongs to the Witch. It's normal modes already handicap the player. F*ck with the Witch at your own peril. Maybe hitting Glinda enough times (somewhat dangerous shot) could dispel the no-hold curse...

These are all the related situations I can remember, but none go as far as WOZ code:

NGG and SWep1 will raise gofers/droptargets to stop incessant ramp looping. DE Batman did the same thing, dumping loopers off with a diverter. A bug in NGG makes raising Bud more of a punishment than blocker, since it takes some work to get him to stay down afterward.

Jolly Park (possibly other Spinball games) will shut power off to a flipper if it is held up for ~15 seconds. Player punishment, or compensation for crummy electronics? Who knows....

Capcom firmware on all their games will disable power to a flipper if it sees the cabinet switch flutter at a fast enough frequency for enough time. Punishment for bad post-passers, or failsafe to protect flipper assy from bad optos? Maybe Pfutz can answer...

1 month later
#143 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Who knows what slight changes in CPU boards they are using for TH combined with changes in Ubuntu will do when applied to WOZ? Hopefully these guys have a handle on things at this point, because as time rolls on the boards and operating system will only continue changing from the original revisions that WOZ was developed on.

This makes no sense. Is Windows buggier on a Celeron vs an I5 vs AMD64? Of course not. The new WOZ bugs are a result of new game features being added or tweaked. The bug fixes in the Ubuntu OS provide a more stable platform for the WOZ code itself. The amount of features added in each numerical WOZ release ensure there will be bugs cropping up until the code is thoroughly tested. Hence the small army of testers that are being recruited...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-600-code?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.