View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).JPG
1456445291092-1358165630_(resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_6469_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-11_at_10.43.14_AM_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

"+ Crystal Ball backhand exploit penalty." This one caught my eye, very curious to hear details on this.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The exploit is said to be cradling two balls on the left and flipping one up the crystal ball shot. It rolls down the inlane and back on the flipper. Rinse and repeat.
Here is the cool part....The penalty is said to be no hold flippers for the rest of the ball. Now that's an awesome idea right there!

Never mind.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All the Crystal ball modes - no hold flippers, all lights on, all lights off.

Don't forget the reversed flippers - talk about f**king with your head! And it's a pretty difficult mode to get to so, unless you are really good, or you play WOZ a lot you can't really practice it. Great game and great code support!

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

surprised that is an option.

I think they just added that option (kill pops with flippers at any time during the game) in 5.05, but I may be mistaken.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Watching this video just made me feel like a completely inadequate pinball player.

I watched a good chunk of it and went back and tried to a lot of the same moves and had some of the worst games I've ever had (my high score is just south of 1M and I've never made it to SWOTR). I wonder how much of that has to do with the superbands it looks like he has installed on that game, I've never tried them on WOZ but have used them on some other games and they are definitely less bouncy than the black stock ones. The simple explanation though is probably that I'm just not nearly as good as he is.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Standard rubber on my game, no superbands [That's my tutorial video...]

You just couldn't let me have my excuse, could ya'?!?

3 weeks later
#103 8 years ago

The monkey captures Dorothy but doesn't really issue has been around for a long time, certainly not new in 5.5 and I believe it's actually an adjustment of / or a correction to the ball proximity sensor registering when it shouldn't. I've adjusted / moved mine several times and after a while it reverts back to the same problem - the sensor tells the game the ball has been captured by the PF magnet when in fact it hasn't. They address this in code by just having the game proceed as if the ball was captured, the difference being that you still have a live ball instead of a captured one, and when Rescue MB starts it must launch a ball to take the place of the one that should be captured. You also don't immediately have two balls on the upper PF but that's not as big a deal, unless you plan on trying to cradle one up there right away. There is a detailed explanation of this along with a video tutorial on how to "fix" it here:

http://www.pinplay.com/20/winged_monkey_misbehaving_wont_pick_up_the_ball_or_picks_up_nothing.html

1 month later
#213 8 years ago

Sweet! Now if it would just download faster!

#235 8 years ago

Just played a few games on it, things I'm really liking:

Faster startup time, and not just a little faster! The new display information when the ball is on the castle mini PF is great, tells you if you still have to capture Dorothy, how many balls are locked and how many hits to the castle doors are left before they open. New Glinda animations are pretty sweet, although some may complain about all the pink lights. I didn't read through to see if it's a setting but I was also awarded a Rescue lock from the Throne Room before I restored all my settings, that was a cool surprise. Audio clipping sounds to be greatly reduced from 5.05 as well.

Thanks to the JJP for the continued awesome support of this game!

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys I can't seem to get this to work. Each time I download the file, and I walk away and let it go as long as it takes, I can't ever get it to download at the 3.21 gigs that the JJP website says it should be. Tried 2 times last night and it "finished" but was under a gig. THis morning I got a 1.3 gig file. Any suggestions?!?

Have you tried a different browser and / or clearing your browser cache? Also make sure you delete the failed downloads before starting another one.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from WakiMiko:

I would love to see a video of the new castle mode. No WOZ near me

It's not really a new mode, just better graphics and information presented when the ball is on that mini PF. It does have a little animation of an ax striking the door which is kinda cool. I really like that the movie clip and "RESCUE" with the castle in the background animation that starts the first time you put the ball up there is significantly shorter or faster than before too, makes for better flow IMO.

#327 8 years ago

Encountered the first problem yet since upgrading to 6.06 - crystal ball display was stuck on the hardware information screen. Tried going into diagnostics, playing games, etc. had to power cycle the game to get it to work. Other than that everything has been awesome on this build so far!

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd be curious to know if your crystal ball is touching the wire form? Mine was right up against it when I looked closely. I loosened the ball mount and centered it better. Now it doesn't take a whack every time the VUK fires and it has not failed since.

That's a good question / suggestion John. The connector on mine was hitting the wireform but I moved it the first week I had the game so it's clear now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-600-code?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.