Topic Stats

• 378 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ramsfan
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture_(resized).JPG
1456445291092-1358165630_(resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_6469_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-11_at_10.43.14_AM_(resized).png

There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 3 years ago

You could always buy a jukebox ☺

#202 3 years ago

If it wouldn't cause a ton of problems. I'd love to buy a woz and downgrade the OS to the earlier revisions. Play for a week, then upgrade to the next revision. Keep going until you're current. It'd be a great way to relive playing the game as updated were coming and basically seeing the game unfold and develop.

#203 3 years ago

FYI ... version 6.06 is now in beta test mode and Keith hopes it will be the final fix for release after another round of testing. Great support and coding from Keith!

==============================================================================

== Version 6.06 ==

=== OS

* Fix 26" monitor display.

== Version 6.05 ==

=== Game Code

* 27" monitor scaling/offset adjustment effects are now shown in real-time.
* No-Hold Flippers Crystal Ball mode takes effect after the intro effect.
* HSTD 1-8 now on one page.
* Status report now killed at start of TNPLH.
* Toto Escapes timer now extended for trough kicking issues.
* Fix outlane multiball ballsavers from re-enabling after an add-a-ball
resurrection (as opposed to a new multiball resurrection).
* Fix enter initials cursor position after entering.
* Fix ball lock icons after Rescue Multiball starting.
* Toto/TNPLH add-a-balls are now ballsavers instead. This is more fair and
less abusive.

=== Core Code

+ Boot (and boot reason) audits.
* Coil settings now take effect in real-time to make testing devices easier.
* Fixed issue where quick, soft double-plunging would cause the autolaunch
to kick the ball.
* Special audit now chalked correctly.
* Remove HSTD reset suggestion when switching between 3/11 characters.
* Delayed speech calls no longer interrupt each other.
+ Add video adapter info to HW Info.
* Fix calculation of Average Ball Time (reporting low because of incomplete
games).
* Fix rare crash that could occur if you tilted during certain lamp effects.
* Fix ball serve code that could be kept alive for extended periods of time
if balls drained during serving balls.
* Fix settings backup/restore.
+ Dump Stats - creates a file on USB stick with human-readable audits,
adjustments, etc.

=== OS

+ JJP logo.

#204 3 years ago

sounds like we are getting close.

#205 3 years ago

FYI - Keith said the 6.06 version might be released/rolled out for everyone early next week if the beta testing this weekend checks out ok with no major issues.

#206 3 years ago

Great News, thanks for the update.

#207 3 years ago

I played about 10 games on the latest code (6.06) - upgraded from 5. Have had no issues.
Awesome update.
Startup time is reduced!
I liked the enhanced Glinda lighting effects and a bunch of other code changes are appreciated.
Keith mentioned possible release early this week.

#208 3 years ago

New code has just been released by Keith via the JJP google group

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

New code has just been released by Keith via the JJP google group

download link?

#211 3 years ago

We are pleased to announce the full availability of WOZ v6.06!

This is a full installation. It will rewrite everything on your game's SSD. We STRONGLY suggest you backup your settings before proceeding with the installation.

The basics:

Download the WOZ 6.06 iso from this link: http://we.tl/jWu1ZJ7lmn The file is about 3.21G in size.

If you wish to test the file, the md5 checksum is: 9ba0111a76e8b03af0792a8928601d66

The release notes are available at: http://we.tl/WK8Vsr4U7bThis file is about 59K in size.

You will need a program called unetbootin to make the iso into a bootable usb stick. Check the bottom of this page: http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/game-specific-downloads/

More detailed steps:

1. Download unetbootin.
2. Download the iso linked above. Note that this file is NOT zipped. Saves a step from before.
3. Put a minimum 4G usb stick into your computer, preferably clean (no data on it).
4. Start unetbootin.
5. Specify diskimage of type ISO and select the woz iso you downloaded via the "..." button.
6. Make sure unetbootin picked the correct drive that refers to your usb stick.
7. Hit OK. This will start copying onto your stick.
8. Wait. No, seriously, wait a pretty long time. It will look like the process is stuck around 23% or so, but it's copying a gigantic file. It will finish eventually, I promise.
9. After it's done, eject/safely remove your stick.
[This section is OPTIONAL but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! If you don't want to backup, go to #13]
10. Turn on your pinball machine. After the game is loaded, insert the memory stick.
11. Back up your settings. In diagnostics, Utilities->Settings Backup->Settings Backup. Yes, it's ok to use the same stick as the installer is on.
12. After it's done, turn your game off and wait 10s or so. Leave the stick in.
13. If your usb stick isn't in the game yet, put it in now.
14. Turn on your pinball machine.
15. Wait for process to complete.
16. Remove USB stick and turn off your game.
17. Wait a few seconds, turn game back on.
18. [Optional] Restore your settings by putting the stick back in and choosing settings restore similar to above. Remove stick when done.
19. Enjoy 6.06 now!

Let us know if you have any questions or issues!

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

We are pleased to announce the full availability of WOZ v6.06!
This is a full installation. It will rewrite everything on your game's SSD. We STRONGLY suggest you backup your settings before proceeding with the installation.
The basics:
Download the WOZ 6.06 iso from this link: http://we.tl/jWu1ZJ7lmn The file is about 3.21G in size.
If you wish to test the file, the md5 checksum is: 9ba0111a76e8b03af0792a8928601d66
The release notes are available at: http://we.tl/WK8Vsr4U7bThis file is about 59K in size.
You will need a program called unetbootin to make the iso into a bootable usb stick. Check the bottom of this page: http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/game-specific-downloads/
More detailed steps:
1. Download unetbootin.
2. Download the iso linked above. Note that this file is NOT zipped. Saves a step from before.
3. Put a minimum 4G usb stick into your computer, preferably clean (no data on it).
4. Start unetbootin.
5. Specify diskimage of type ISO and select the woz iso you downloaded via the "..." button.
6. Make sure unetbootin picked the correct drive that refers to your usb stick.
7. Hit OK. This will start copying onto your stick.
8. Wait. No, seriously, wait a pretty long time. It will look like the process is stuck around 23% or so, but it's copying a gigantic file. It will finish eventually, I promise.
9. After it's done, eject/safely remove your stick.
[This section is OPTIONAL but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! If you don't want to backup, go to #13]
10. Turn on your pinball machine. After the game is loaded, insert the memory stick.
11. Back up your settings. In diagnostics, Utilities->Settings Backup->Settings Backup. Yes, it's ok to use the same stick as the installer is on.
12. After it's done, turn your game off and wait 10s or so. Leave the stick in.
13. If your usb stick isn't in the game yet, put it in now.
14. Turn on your pinball machine.
15. Wait for process to complete.
16. Remove USB stick and turn off your game.
17. Wait a few seconds, turn game back on.
18. [Optional] Restore your settings by putting the stick back in and choosing settings restore similar to above. Remove stick when done.
19. Enjoy 6.06 now!
Let us know if you have any questions or issues!

Thanks Jen!
Glad to have you still around

#213 3 years ago

Sweet! Now if it would just download faster!

#214 3 years ago

blocks here even before update starts... What to do?
tried 2 different usb sticks
IMG_6469_(resized).JPG

#215 3 years ago

Well worth the wait!!! It's a whole new game since 4.x. Thanks Kieth and JJP.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

IMG_6469_(resized).JPG

Believe there's a few of those. You should see this soon unless of course this is after you did the update?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

#217 3 years ago

seems like it's stuck... I don't see any activity on the usb stick led and the screen on my picture stays...
how long should the update take normally?

#218 3 years ago

Ahhhhhh! I just left for vacation. Now I have to wait til next week to update. Why couldn't you wait 1 week to release it???

Seriously though, thanks to everyone at JJP for this! The game keeps getting better and better.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

tried 2 different usb sticks

Corrupt or incomplete download? Verify the ISO md5 checksum is: 9ba0111a76e8b03af0792a8928601d66.

#220 3 years ago

The update itself usually 5 mins or so I believe.

#221 3 years ago

Any release log?

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Corrupt or incomplete download? Verify the ISO md5 checksum is: 9ba0111a76e8b03af0792a8928601d66.

I've run the uneboottin, selected the WOZ file, installed to the proper drive.

I'm not sure if it fully installed onto my USB stick.

How can I check this?

I did a properties check on the thumb drive,

It says 3,448,520,704 bytes.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm not sure if it fully installed onto my USB stick.

How can I check this?

On Windows, go to Computer, look if there is 3.12gb on the USB drive.

LTG : )

#224 3 years ago

Installed without issue!

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

On Windows, go to Computer, look if there is 3.12gb on the USB drive.

Mine is showing it has 3.21 GB

#226 3 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. It was indeed a corrupted download. I checked the file with winmd5free,
that could be found here http://www.winmd5.com/
The checksum should be 9ba0111a76e8b03af0792a8928601d66

#227 3 years ago

My power is out. Ugh!!!!

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Mine is showing it has 3.21 GB

You got it, throw it in the game.

#229 3 years ago

Ive had issues when doing a full update if I don't empty the trash with the old code in it. Once the trash is emptied it will fully download.

#230 3 years ago

Just installed the update.

I went from version 4 software to 6.00

Before playing a game, I re-installed my settings, then went into utilities and changed the high score settings to accept 11 characters.

Played a game...got high score #8...put in my name...then noticed that the high score screen showing my name isn't centered...the left side was cut off.

Never noticed that before using version 4 w/ the 3 character setting.

#231 3 years ago

Code, won't fully download from WeTransfer. Craps out at around 269MB. Tried emptying trash, but still won't download fully. Any ideas?

-Steve

#232 3 years ago

I had trouble going to the 5.05 code my solution was the buying the updated stick from Rob Anthony. I'm not even going to try the kids couldn't do it.

#233 3 years ago

Worked 1st time for me. Download took about 12 minutes. Putting it onto the USB with unetbootin took a little longer but all good and it up and running on the game.

#234 3 years ago

Trying to download the update now. I am using a mac. About halfway through the install i get a message saying the stick wont work on a mac and try again on a pc. Any way to fix this?

#235 3 years ago

Just played a few games on it, things I'm really liking:

Faster startup time, and not just a little faster! The new display information when the ball is on the castle mini PF is great, tells you if you still have to capture Dorothy, how many balls are locked and how many hits to the castle doors are left before they open. New Glinda animations are pretty sweet, although some may complain about all the pink lights. I didn't read through to see if it's a setting but I was also awarded a Rescue lock from the Throne Room before I restored all my settings, that was a cool surprise. Audio clipping sounds to be greatly reduced from 5.05 as well.

Thanks to the JJP for the continued awesome support of this game!

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just played a few games on it, things I'm really liking:
Faster startup time, and not just a little faster! The new display information when the ball is on the castle mini PF is great, tells you if you still have to capture Dorothy, how many balls are locked and how many hits to the castle doors are left before they open. New Glinda animations are pretty sweet, although some may complain about all the pink lights. I didn't read through to see if it's a setting but I was also awarded a Rescue lock from the Throne Room before I restored all my settings, that was a cool surprise. Audio clipping sounds to be greatly reduced from 5.05 as well.
Thanks to the JJP for the continued awesome support of this game!

Agreed, way faster startup.

#237 3 years ago

Finally downloaded fully (4th times the charm). Love the new castle animations, though only one castle door is opening for me. It looks like the right door is trying to open but won't, even hitting it with the ball won't nudge it open. Anyone else having this problem?

-Steve

#238 3 years ago

Download is excruciating. 5th failure and downloading at about 80Kbps even though my cable speed is 17Mbps. Must be too much traffic. I'll wait a few days until the crowd disperses. Maybe rent some space on Amazon servers?

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Download is excruciating. 5th failure and downloading at about 80Kbps even though my cable speed is 17Mbps. Must be too much traffic. I'll wait a few days until the crowd disperses. Maybe rent some space on Amazon servers?

I had the same issues. And I got it in beta... So nothing to do with traffic. I might see if I can rehost it for you but would take a while to upload
Not sure why it's not hosted with them

#240 3 years ago

Timing was perfect...got my RR yesterday and played it for a bit with the 4.11 installed code and noticed this on the website. Took about 30 mins to download, but other than that the install went smoothly. Played well into the night...with what little play I had before, I can tell the new code is going to be sooooooooo much better. Thanks

#241 3 years ago

Alright...got the code installed. I'm speechless...this game is so polished...so awesome... the subtle touches added to the lighting experience is superb...especially the effects associated with the rainbow letters.

If you haven't played WOZ recently, this new code is going to rock your little pinball world.

A+ stuff, JJP. Well done.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Agreed. Why does it feel like I'm trying to download a pirated game from one of those sketchy download services?

#243 3 years ago

IF Hobbit gets the same love and attention that Woz gets, I think a lot of people are going to have to eat some HUGE plates of crow.

#244 3 years ago

My download went fine. Thanks JJP!

#245 3 years ago

Guys I can't seem to get this to work. Each time I download the file, and I walk away and let it go as long as it takes, I can't ever get it to download at the 3.21 gigs that the JJP website says it should be. Tried 2 times last night and it "finished" but was under a gig. THis morning I got a 1.3 gig file. Any suggestions?!?

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys I can't seem to get this to work. Each time I download the file, and I walk away and let it go as long as it takes, I can't ever get it to download at the 3.21 gigs that the JJP website says it should be. Tried 2 times last night and it "finished" but was under a gig. THis morning I got a 1.3 gig file. Any suggestions?!?

Have you tried a different browser and / or clearing your browser cache? Also make sure you delete the failed downloads before starting another one.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think it's just hit and miss. I was able to download the previous (5.05?) with no issues, but this one I've tried from both home and work and get the same kind of results. I'm up to 1.0GB on my current attempt. Good luck.

#248 3 years ago

Tried using IE after it not working with firefox several times. same result.

#249 3 years ago

Not sure why downloads are failing so bad. You can get a pre-imaged USB stick from the Products page of my site, with the latest code...

www.LockWhenLit.com/Products.htm

Keep trying to get the download on your own, because it does work, but if you just can't, there is another option.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#250 3 years ago

My "other option" will be to stop by DCFAN's house on the way home from work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 28.00
There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside