View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).JPG
1456445291092-1358165630_(resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_6469_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-11_at_10.43.14_AM_(resized).png
There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You need to research abi compatibility and then you wouldn't be so worried. And we would rather have to slightly modify to stay current then have a board set for a decade and miss out on important features and capabilities.
Also clock speed doesn't play into much any longer as long as a minimum is met. Faster clocks don't cause issues like they used to 15 years ago.

I'll take your word for it and trust that the instability introduced in the software for the last two months is happening for other reasons. As for dedicated systems vs open systems I will agree to disagree. In my industry it is better to control hardware, operating system and application software in house. When I win powerball and start my own Pinball company, someone is going to have to make a good case for me not to go that way.

#152 8 years ago

Just installed 6.04 and very happy from the 4.11 I had. Huge improvements. Haven't had a lot of time with it to complain of anything but game keeps getting better and was already great.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just installed 6.04 and very happy from the 4.11 I had. Huge improvements. Haven't had a lot of time with it to complain of anything but game keeps getting better and was already great.

I just checked JJP and the latest update available for download there is 5.05. Where did you find 6.04?

ED

#154 8 years ago

People were invited to Beta test it on the owners forum.

#155 8 years ago

THANK YOU!

Running 5.05 myself, waiting eagerly.

Ed

#156 8 years ago

posted some video of 6.05 gameplay on my twitch channel.
Some curse words were used during these recordings. There are some bugs seen and a hard crash at the end of the longer video.

http://www.twitch.tv/richmondpinball/profile

#157 8 years ago

Until it crashed, did you generally like 6.05? I haven't heard too much about how it's different than the previous code. Each code update since I got my WOZ over 2 years ago, I've really enjoyed.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Until it crashed, did you generally like 6.05? I haven't heard too much about how it's different than the previous code. Each code update since I got my WOZ over 2 years ago, I've really enjoyed.

Some new animations for the castle playfield and lighting signals for Glinda are nice. More MB resurrections as well.

#159 8 years ago

Any chance of getting it up to Youtube? Can't get Twitch/anything Flash to run from my PC.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Any chance of getting it up to Youtube? Can't get Twitch/anything Flash to run from my PC.

I think I can do that. New to twitch so will post back

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think I can do that. New to twitch so will post back

Twitch has a feature from your archived footage to be directly exported to Youtube, no extra work on your end. It's pretty nice, give that a shot when you get the chance.

#162 8 years ago

Just got the 6.04 beta installed and the immediate best new feature is a "Lower" option for LED brightness that's now below "Low".

#163 8 years ago

OK how do we get the 6.05 or even 6.04 download? I still only see 5.05 0n the site ?

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

OK how do we get the 6.05 or even 6.04 download? I still only see 5.05 0n the site ?

Keith had asked for volunteers to beta test the code. I think it was about 2 weeks ago or so.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Email JJP and ask for an invite to their google group, then request it in the thread there announcing the beta.

Reading through the thread, there are still a smattering of reports of random game lockups, so there'll probably be a few more minor revisions before public 6.xx release (my guess, based on bug posts there, this hasn't been stated).

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It's in beta and still has some bugs.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's in beta and still has some bugs.

What kinds of bugs have you found so far? I know you said you did not get a Lock light before Emerald City multiball. I have not had that happen.
Tonight, I did not get a Super Jackpot callout when I made the saucer, but the screen showed Super Jackpot. I believe the witch hurry up may have caused that sound issue.

The new code really took the game to another level to me. The difficulty is just right now. I am enjoying the game more than ever.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What kinds of bugs have you found so far? I know you said you did not get a Lock light before Emerald City multiball. I have not had that happen.
Tonight, I did not get a Super Jackpot callout when I made the saucer, but the screen showed Super Jackpot. I believe the witch hurry up may have caused that sound issue.
The new code really took the game to another level to me. The difficulty is just right now. I am enjoying the game more than ever.

Had a system crash during a game, screen freeze up and had ECMB awards carry over from one game to the next.

#169 8 years ago

I am testing the 6.04 code. It is definitely better than the 4.10 code that I previously had. They just have to wrap up some bugs before adding new or changing something (IMO). I only saw a few minor hiccups with the code on my machine that did not affect the play of the game - just some effect and call out conflicts mostly. Others have seen bigger issues - like TaylorVA. When the new code comes out, make sure you save your settings before upgrading. I had to change some solenoid strength settings from the default with the new code and that will vary from one machine to the next. Maybe try the new codes default settings first. The settings are not super hard to change, so if nothing else, write down what the solenoid strength and sound level settings were as a reference - or take photos of those setup screens before updating when it is available. Just a suggestion ...

#170 8 years ago

Thanks guys an happy testing! Keith, I can't wait to get this perfected and downloaded. You never cease to amaze, Cheers

#171 8 years ago

Ok, so first of all a huge thank you to Keith for hooking me up with 6.04.

It's hard for me to point out the differences apart from the fact my family seem to find it more fun... like really really great to play. Now I don't know if this is down to point balancing or change in some ruses but the game times seem a little longer and it's even more fun to play than 5.05.

The jukebox option is particularly awesome as i love thw soundtrack Chris and Rob have done.

Thanks Jack,Keith,Alex and everyone at JJP... we love our woz even more now!

#172 8 years ago

Tell me more about jukebox?!! Sounds cool.

#173 8 years ago

I have a weird problem with TNPLH screen activating when no TNPLH switches are touched. I have gone into switch matrix and tried to isolate the problem but nothing shows up when play testing. Anybody notice anything like this.
I am going to start a ticket with JJP but want to make sure it is not a software bug.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have a weird problem with TNPLH screen activating when no TNPLH switches are touched. I have gone into switch matrix and tried to isolate the problem but nothing shows up when play testing. Anybody notice anything like this.
I am going to start a ticket with JJP but want to make sure it is not a software bug.

I've had this too. Happens so frequently I thought it was normal since I'm usually looking down and didn't realize it was the tnplh mode by the sound alone. I have the latest code installed. (Not the beta code)

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

i noticed with mine that the saucer plate on the pop was sent really sensitive (which is great when the ball hits it) and it would register during the gameplay. i adjusted the switch for the pop and it doesn't false register anymore. I had the same thing with a toto rollover also.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Also check the leaf switch to the right of the balloon bumper as that will activate TNPLH as well.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Also check the leaf switch to the right of the balloon bumper as that will activate TNPLH as well.

Yep I checked that and adjusted it. The weird thing was I literally hammered (with my fist) around the area and no switches triggered in the Switch Matrix test screen.
I will recheck things when I get home tonight.

Quoted from KingPinGames:i noticed with mine that the saucer plate on the pop was sent really sensitive (which is great when the ball hits it) and it would register during the gameplay. i adjusted the switch for the pop and it doesn't false register anymore. I had the same thing with a toto rollover also.

Thanks Chris. I will check that switch out.

#178 8 years ago

Whoa. A Tilt screen that shows how much bonus you just lost. BRILLIANT! Every modern pin should do this.
It would be awesome to throw in a special call-out mocking the player if the tilted-away bonus was above a certain threshold (similar to how some pins have call-outs for when your collected bonus is above thresholds).

And sophisticated code that can accurately detect when a player is using an unintended exploit? Wow.
Good stuff, Keefer!

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yep I checked that and adjusted it. The weird thing was I literally hammered (with my fist) around the area and no switches triggered in the Switch Matrix test screen.
I will recheck things when I get home tonight.

Thanks Chris. I will check that switch out.

Tom, there is also a switch next to the pop (on the top side of the playfield) between the posts that might be a little flaky.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Tom, there is also a switch next to the pop (on the top side of the playfield) between the posts that might be a little flaky.

Yep, I opened the gap up on that one. The weird thing is the problem appears the first few games and disappears. I suspected a switch but when I rattled things in switch matrix nothing triggered that section.
I'll do some more investigating.

#181 8 years ago

Any new news? Updates if you got em!!!

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Any new news? Updates if you got em!!!

6.04 is still testing and there have been a few reports of random lockups/crashes. I'm thinking there will be at least one more revision before release.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

6.04 is still testing and there have been a few reports of random lockups/crashes. I'm thinking there will be at least one more revision before release.

Thanks, I love this pin! And it's support.

#184 8 years ago

I wonder what gremlins made it into the code to cause so many problems.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Keith made a LOT of improvements over 5.05, even, and that was a huge jump from 4.11. For me, the instability (lockups/crashes) started with 5.05. 6.04 is better, but still has a few of those random issues. It will just take time to polish it out (without adding more features that could cause more problems).

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Lot's of updates, latest version of ubuntu distro = bugs are to be expected during testing. Can't wait to try it once they get it sorted out.

#187 8 years ago

My family & I are testing the 6.04 code on my WOZECLE. We upgraded from 4.10 and the excitement of finding new features is almost like we have a new machine. The code updates and new features are great and worth the update when the final tweaks are made and ready for everyone to download. Keith is doing a great job. WOZ'ers will be happy!

#188 8 years ago

Any testers of the new code, I'm wondering what effect it has had on the apron lcd mod. I've been waiting till the new code comes out and is stabilized before I add my second monitor. I understand it stopped working for some people when a code update came. Anyone have advice for a guy who is eager to get his mod on?

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any testers of the new code, I'm wondering what effect it has had on the apron lcd mod. I've been waiting till the new code comes out and is stabilized before I add my second monitor. I understand it stopped working for some people when a code update came. Anyone have advice for a guy who is eager to get his mod on?

I have the apron mod and running 6.04. I don't think it did anything out of the ordinary, then again I think that plus all the added play field spotlights are simply wired to the aux power at the coin door so code shouldn't affect anything.

#190 8 years ago

Off topic, but do you own a tesla? I just configured my model x last week!!

#191 8 years ago

Apparently there was a code update that made some of the apron lcds not play correctly if they weren't the same native resolution or something.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Off topic, but do you own a tesla? I just configured my model x last week!!

Yes sir ! I've had a P85 and now have a P85D. It's a blast- drives itself on the freeway, and super quick. Definitely an awesome daily driver. You will love your Model X- congrats!

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Didn't fix the issues 5.05 created. Still the same...
Don't think it's going to be fixed but I cannot really be upset about it as the other changes are far better then the apron mod.
If there could be some dream secario where both worked that would be great

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My family & I are testing the 6.04 code on my WOZECLE. We upgraded from 4.10 and the excitement of finding new features is almost like we have a new machine. The code updates and new features are great and worth the update when the final tweaks are made and ready for everyone to download. Keith is doing a great job. WOZ'ers will be happy!

Great to hear! The code support for WOZ is the best in pinball and really offers a sense of value when you buy one of their games. Looking forward to loading up the latest code update when its released.

#195 8 years ago

I'm curious about the jukebox.. Care to elaborate?

#196 8 years ago

Sexy garage with pins and a tesla!!

So the apron mod problem was based on not having a 1080p apron lcd? Is that right? So I should be ok with a hdmi 1080 p monitor?

And I'm curious about jukebox.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Sexy garage with pins and a tesla!!
So the apron mod problem was based on not having a 1080p apron lcd? Is that right? So I should be ok with a hdmi 1080 p monitor?
And I'm curious about jukebox.

I believe after much testing, that you need to buy an apron monitor that has a matching resolution as your backbox monitor

#198 8 years ago

My backbox monitor says 1080p when booting, I believe. So buy something that matches?

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm curious about the jukebox.. Care to elaborate?

If you turn on Jukebox it will play all of the different game over music selections automatically and continuously while in attract mode. It may also included some of the other in game music too, I don't recall specifically and I don't have it turned on since my game sits next to my living room and it would be annoying fast. You can have them play in order or randomly. I believe this was suggested by one or more owners and Keith made it happen. Keith is just awesome and I wish he felt like posting here again.

#200 8 years ago

It would be really cool if you could load your own mp3's for playback in the jukebox mode and take advantage of the great sound system. Love to blast some 80's tunes from it in my arcade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-600-code/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.