Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
capturedorothylight.jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

GREAT notes and it worked on the first try. Have to wait until the morning to play as to not wake up the kids but can't wait! So far REALLY loving this pin!

Awesome! Glad it was clear!

#52 4 years ago

just updated to the latest code (from 4.11 to 5.05). awesome! love the ruby red graphics!

only noticed one minor bug:

in the menus, when you hold down a button to scroll numbers (for example, to enter custom game #932, which requires me to hold the button down for like 20 seconds) the game makes a loud farting noise as the sound effect repeats. i don't think this happened with 4.11.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

just updated to the latest code (from 4.11 to 5.05). awesome! love the ruby red graphics!
only noticed one minor bug:
in the menus, when you hold down a button to scroll numbers (for example, to enter custom game #932, which requires me to hold the button down for like 20 seconds) the game makes a loud farting noise as the sound effect repeats. i don't think this happened with 4.11.

In my experience when working with coders, farts are usually deliberate

#54 4 years ago

I think the standards are supposed to just fart. The Ruby's should fart then say "Oh My!"

#55 4 years ago

Well so there we have it! There are no bugs in v5.05!

#56 4 years ago

Solid update. Dino stopped by and threw the new code in my game and we did not notice any bugs; just had fun playing!
Terry.

#57 4 years ago

I LOVE this pin!! Just picked it up last week, had a rubber break day one that really affected game play so I've only been able to put about 20 games on it. Just had the most insane multiball (think I had several modes going at once) and scored 481 thousand. What a fun fun pin! And without question, the lights on this thing are amazing, better than any pin I've ever seen or played.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

That's pretty much how I intended it to work, although the blue blinking was a copy/paste error.
We will have an update before too long that changes the "Capture Dorothy" lamp to work as follows:
off = unqualified
blinking yellow = qualified, no ball behind gate
blinking yellow/red = qualified, ball behind gate (this is to warn you that the ball will be released)
solid yellow = ball captured

Just put the 5.05 update in tonight. Had the screen go black (except for the LCD's default "no signal" message) on the very first ball of the first game after the update install complete reboot. Kept playing though, and when the ball drained, opened the coin door, which brought the video back. It worked normally for the next two games until I stopped to write this. No reboot required to "fix" it (at least temporarily).

Also, the update also widened/zoomed up my video so about 30-40 pixels are missing (in test mode, about 2/3 of the "esc" button on screen in the lower left is not visible because it's shifted off screen, and the right is probably the same, but there's less there on screen to judge). I tried using the monitor settings in the head, but they only let me shift the display left or right. The options to scale the screen down in the actual WoZ software were greyed out and inaccessible.

When you're tweaking 5.05 to fix the black screen and audio clipping (I noticed this too, using the headphone jack), can you look at adding the score to the high score registration screen? I like knowing I'm #3 or #5 or whatever, but that screen always seemed like it should have the score I just earned to GET ON the high score board. Same thing once the HS name entry is confirmed - that should show the score, too, IMO.

#59 4 years ago

This is the best update ever, an already brilliant game has been transformed.

However, I have noticed two bugs that were both rectified by rebooting. The first occurred when the game fired up as normal, but all GI and other lighting was out (the machine would still play). The second involved the game getting stuck booting up - it would not fire up beyond a blank screen (no play was possible).

As I said, easily fixed and I'm sure JJP will solve in a later minor update. And as I said, what an amazing game...

#60 4 years ago

No bug but this just in from the folks in the gilding the lily department:

Any chance of adding a (extra) ball counter? I always think I have another ball coming when the game ends.
One idea is to have small pinballs across the bottom of the display equal to the number of balls remaining. Earn a ball another gets added. Drain a ball and one disappears.

WOZ is the best!

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

can you look at adding the score to the high score registration screen? I like knowing I'm #3 or #5 or whatever, but that screen always seemed like it should have the score I just earned to GET ON the high score board. Same thing once the HS name entry is confirmed - that should show the score, too, IMO.

seconded! great idea.

#62 4 years ago

I have been having an issue were I will be in mid game and all the sudden the TNPLH animation and sound goes on but the ball is no where near it. I had a feeling it was just a switch that was getting activated in the area but so far I have not been able to track it down. Has anyone noticed this in the new code?

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have been having an issue were I will be in mid game and all the sudden the TNPLH animation and sound goes on but the ball is no where near it. I had a feeling it was just a switch that was getting activated in the area but so far I have not been able to track it down. Has anyone noticed this in the new code?

Hasn't happened to me. All I've had that was negative in 5.05 so far is the black screen (until the coin door was opened), the screen scaling that cuts off the first horse on the left of the display (with no way to adjust it in the settings, which are grayed out), and the audio clipping (which is pretty bad).

Also, my son was awarded two extra balls at once in the throne saucer - the lit one and a random award (we think?). The interesting thing is it played the "Extra Ball" callout TWICE ON TOP OF EACH OTHER, kind of shifted, so it sounded like a monster truck rally for a second. Unintentionally hilarious.

#64 4 years ago

For some reason I keep having balls drain simultaneously during MBs killing the chance of a truly monster game. If that could be fixed by code Id really appreciate it.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

For some reason I keep having balls drain simultaneously during MBs killing the chance of a truly monster game. If that could be fixed by code Id really appreciate it.

yeah all of my games have that same bug. why haven't the coders fixed this???

#66 4 years ago

We have just updated to the latest code on WOZ.
But we have a problem that the game accepts coins but doesn't award credits.
Any ideas very welcome!
Many thanks

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah all of my games have that same bug. why haven't the coders fixed this???

This isn't a bug it is a feature.

#68 4 years ago

Was able to get the screen scaling fixed by using the "RECALL" option on the monitor's menu accessible from the panel in the head. JJP is working on the black screen and the clipping/loud pops.

#69 4 years ago

I haven't had any of the issues stated so far, no black screen, no sound clipping, no resolution issues and it's played perfect since the update. Weird how some have these issues and others do not. Could it be a currupt download or installation causing this? Would a reinstall of the new code fix these issues? Hmmm...

#70 4 years ago

Found another bug, this time with the font system in 5.05. Not sure if it existed in the prior versions (anyone with 4.xx installed care to check?).

The font that’s outlined with the gold that appears on the bonus screens after each ball (and ONLY this font) has a problem where some of the letters/numbers have an antialiasing problem or are just too close to the texture or sprite edge and are missing gold pixels on the left sides.

Letters/numbers I've noticed with gold outline missing on the furthest left side (on the curve):
O C 9 6 0

Kerning pair issues:
Some kerning pairs are off. Very noticeable in BO in "Bonus" and if you have 9 and 6 together like "96." The "O" encroaches on the "B" more than it should, same story with the 6 overlapping onto the 9 in "96." I believe 30 is also kerned too tight, to the point of overlapping. I'm sure there are others, but these demonstrate the issue.

#71 4 years ago

Note that JJP "Keith" is working on some 5.05 fixes (he has stated on Google groups). So keep posting any issues for him to look at while we have his attention.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

During some of my MBs the code actually does help me with saves. Occasionally when I see that light on I use that code "feature" to let balls drain when there are too many balls clustered at the bottom. It gets a ball or two back up into the forest without any effort. Watch for it - the "Shoot Again" light during first part of MBs ... at least when no extra balls are in the queue. Don't take that code "help" away ...

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I haven't had any of the issues stated so far, no black screen, no sound clipping, no resolution issues and it's played perfect since the update. Weird how some have these issues and others do not. Could it be a currupt download or installation causing this? Would a reinstall of the new code fix these issues? Hmmm...

Nah. More likely minor differences in hardware or audio settings. If the download were corrupt it wouldn't even be able to unpack itself and the image creation step would fail.

#74 4 years ago

I finally updated mine and had the screen go black in the middle of my first game as was described above. I turned it off and restarted which seems to have resolved it. I've played several more games without issue but will update if I have any more issues. I did backup and restore my settings which seemed to work perfectly.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

I finally updated mine and had the screen go black in the middle of my first game as was described above. I turned it off and restarted which seems to have resolved it. I've played several more games without issue but will update if I have any more issues. I did backup and restore my settings which seemed to work perfectly.

If this black screen during play happens to anyone else, try opening the coin door instead of rebooting to see if that works for everyone. It worked for me. As soon as I opened the coin door, the video came back, no reboot required.

#76 4 years ago

I had the playfield LEDs go dead on the first game after the upgrade. Rebooted and all was well for several days and then it happened again once this week. Again, a reboot fixed it and it has been OK since. I have audio clipping too.

#77 4 years ago

Update: Using the "RECALL" button on the monitor's menu only works until the game is rebooted, so that's not a solution to adjusting for the zooming in the 5.05 update.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

During some of my MBs the code actually does help me with saves. Occasionally when I see that light on I use that code "feature" to let balls drain when there are too many balls clustered at the bottom. It gets a ball or two back up into the forest without any effort. Watch for it - the "Shoot Again" light during first part of MBs ... at least when no extra balls are in the queue. Don't take that code "help" away ...

When starting ECMB with twister qualified I always shoot the first ball back to the Munchkin playfield and let the others drain so no, I don't want to lose that.

#79 4 years ago

I have an issue where the screen goes blank after about 10 minutes if I turn it on and don't start a game. I have never had it go off while playing though. Opening get the coin door did not fix the problem for me. I needed to do a powercycle.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from mbt:

I have an issue where the screen goes blank after about 10 minutes if I turn it on and don't start a game. I have never had it go off while playing though. Opening get the coin door did not fix the problem for me. I needed to do a powercycle.

Did you check the monitor cable connections to make sure they were fully connected?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did you check the monitor cable connections to make sure they were fully connected?

Yes I did. I also connected a computer monitor to the vga output, and that one also goes blank at the same the main one does. I have a ticket open with JJP. The problem also went away when I downgraded back to 4.11.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Two issues today that had not happened with previous code.
1.turned game on and booted but when I went to play a ga,e there were no feature lamps on the playfield. Spotlights worked but that was it. Turned game off and on and resolved issue.
2. Started a game and lock lit up dimly with yellow, carried over to new game. Rebooted and it was resolved.

Cool, thought maybe it was on my end but I have read people reporting that the lamp is not staying lit as it was described in the code update description. If yours was in fact working that would be interesting.

Ok, my first issue so far, last night I had your #1, started a game and no feature lamps, reboot fixed it. That's a definite bug there...

#83 4 years ago

Just got a reply from JJP. They are shooting to have a patch this week. It will be another full install.

#84 4 years ago

Wonder what the common thread is with this issue. You would have to guess that they had slight differences with hardware with how long the production cycle was.

#85 4 years ago

Had another bug today in 5.05. Was in "lights-on" multiball, stacked with one or two other multiball modes, and the right side insert lights from the "R" in Rainbow on down froze in multi-colored mode. It was about 1/3 of the overall insert lights. No mode changes (including all-green Wicked Witch mode and lights out) would reset them. Stayed that way until the machine was powered off and rebooted.

#86 4 years ago

I had another bug today. I turned the machine on and zero lighting. After turning it off then back on it worked fine.

#87 3 years ago

I'm having serious audio clipping with 5.05: eventually, with multiple callouts and fanfare, all sounds are muffled and low, replace by a loud clicking from the speakers. Fixed only with a reboot. New machine, upgraded from 4.11

Chris

#88 3 years ago

You can adjust the volume in the menus. I had to reduce mine due to clipping as well.

#89 3 years ago

I've updates some of my friends machines and they reported sometimes when starting the game the playfield leds don't turn on. I've seen it myself too. After rebooting they work again...

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

You can adjust the volume in the menus. I had to reduce mine due to clipping as well.

You can still hear the clipping occasionally in 5.05 with the sound levels turned down.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

I had another bug today. I turned the machine on and zero lighting. After turning it off then back on it worked fine.

That has happened twice to mine.

#92 3 years ago

I noticed today the machine froze a few times during attract mode..

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just got a reply from JJP. They are shooting to have a patch this week. It will be another full install.

The full installs scare me but if that's what it takes...

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It has been over a week ... hopefully we can get it before Thanksgiving when family comes over ... please JJP???

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It has been over a week ... hopefully we can get it before Thanksgiving when family comes over ... please JJP???

Yeah, maybe they found the fixes for the audio clipping, intermittent black screen, no lights, and locked lights more challenging than expected. They probably have multiple computer mainboards, so testing across all the revisions is probably a pain.

#96 3 years ago

Lets not rush things.. Software testing takes time. I would rather have one more patch that works right than to keep patching the code.

#97 3 years ago

Had another of what I think is a bug, but maybe it's a feature. It seems wrong. When you have stacked multiball modes and lose all the balls except one, then hit Ginda within the grace period, it restarts the multiball stack, but the witch mode is not the one that was active. I had Rescue, ECM, and Lights On Witch, and when Glinda gave it back, it was Rescue, ECM, and Lights OFF Witch.

#98 3 years ago

Another (maybe) bug. Collected 5 horses. Hit crystal ball and got lights on witch mode. Then, when that ball was kicked out of the crystal ball VUK, flipped it over to the shooter lane to collect the horses. Did not get the horses. Acted like I didn't make the shot at all.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Another (maybe) bug. Collected 5 horses. Hit crystal ball and got lights on witch mode. Then, when that ball was kicked out of the crystal ball VUK, flipped it over to the shooter lane to collect the horses. Did not get the horses. Acted like I didn't make the shot at all.

Perhaps your switch behind the flipper did not activate?

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Perhaps your switch behind the flipper did not activate?

Possible, but unlikely. It's never failed to register before, and has worked fine since. I guess I can do a glass-off test to see if it's this mode combination that's a problem (bug).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside