Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
capturedorothylight.jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

At long last, I was able to get the 5.05 update to take, and while it really adds a lot to the game (just with the add-a-ball), I've noticed a few bugs.

-Shortly after updating, my screen went blank in the middle of a game. Everything else was working. I had to hard reset and it took 2 resets for it to find the display. All connections are solid.

-If Capture Dorothy is ready, but there is already a ball in the upper playfield lock, the light above the magnet does not turn on

-TNPLH lights are dark after the mode has been started and unsuccessfully completed. Once you hit one target the next time, the lights turn back on

#2 3 years ago

The music was clipping a little tonight. That has never happened before. +1 on the Dorothy light.

#3 3 years ago

No problems here

#4 3 years ago

I dropped all the volumes except main by 10 for the clipping issue.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

No problems here

so you have no issues with the Dorothy lock light?

#6 3 years ago

I have seen the screen go blank when starting a game. Turned power off came back.

#7 3 years ago

I'll hold off on the update until these bugs are fixed. They sound pretty disruptive. Please post when they get fixed.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

so you have no issues with the Dorothy lock light?

Taylor - I haven't noticed any problems with the Dorothy lock light but then again I'm not all that observant.

#9 3 years ago

I am having the Dorothy light issue. Blinks blue when lock is ready but then does not light to show when the ball has been locked. Also if a ball is captured due to an earlier game it does not blink to indicate lock is ready - although game seems to work correctly just a light issue. Also the machine takes significantly longer to boot up as someone else mentioned. After the Jersey Jack splash screen it goes black for quite a while before it initializes and start up. Down load and install went smoothly. Like the addition of the add-a-ball and more extra balls - any help I can get!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from bobbypin:

I am having the Dorothy light issue. Blinks blue when lock is ready but then does not light to show when the ball has been locked. Also if a ball is captured due to an earlier game it does not blink to indicate lock is ready - although game seems to work correctly just a light issue. Also the machine takes significantly longer to boot up as someone else mentioned. After the Jersey Jack splash screen it goes black for quite a while before it initializes and start up. Down load and install went smoothly. Like the addition of the add-a-ball and more extra balls - any help I can get!

The additional boot time is due to the encryption. Not a problem. That's how it's supposed to be. Prevents tampering. It added about 8 seconds which feels like a lifetime but is unavoidable.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The additional boot time is due to the encryption. Not a problem. That's how it's supposed to be. Prevents tampering. It added about 8 seconds which feels like a lifetime but is unavoidable.

Thanks for the explanation and all your hard work on this - great code.

#12 3 years ago

Two issues today that had not happened with previous code.

1.turned game on and booted but when I went to play a ga,e there were no feature lamps on the playfield. Spotlights worked but that was it. Turned game off and on and resolved issue.

2. Started a game and lock lit up dimly with yellow, carried over to new game. Rebooted and it was resolved.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Taylor - I haven't noticed any problems with the Dorothy lock light but then again I'm not all that observant.

Cool, thought maybe it was on my end but I have read people reporting that the lamp is not staying lit as it was described in the code update description. If yours was in fact working that would be interesting.

#13 3 years ago

Taylor I have also seen the feature lamps out.... hard reset it was ok again. I have only seen that once. I feel better its not just my machine.

#14 3 years ago

I am having the same problem with Dorothy light.

Blinks blue when capture is ready. When ball is captured the light is off.

#15 3 years ago

munchkin magnet doesn't come on in ball search mode ( i have a cliffy on the munchkin PF and the Pf protector, one of the screws occasionally catches the ball and the magnet would free it before in ball search, i should file the screw down i guess)

#16 3 years ago

Haven't had any issues since update....Dorothy lock light fine.....no feature lights out ( I actually experienced that on rare occasion before update....just figured everything didn't load quite right...hard reset cured)....only noticeable difference is longer boot time...no biggie...

#17 3 years ago

Agree w others though....would love to be able to disable QR code and Twitter pages....looks a little tacky to me...

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

That's how mine works...thought that was correct?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agree w others though....would love to be able to disable QR code and Twitter pages....looks a little tacky to me...

agreed I could care less about social media, we already don't know what "privacy" is these days

#20 3 years ago

In the past I have had short episodes of the background music stopping, sound effects and call outs continue. Haven't seen it for a while. Yesterday had a rather prolonged period of music outage on 5.05 Less than 10 games on it. Not sure if there is a repeatable sequence that causes it. Used to only see it at the beginning of a ball. This was in the middle of a ball.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Mine does the same.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto please.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

.would love to be able to disable QR code and Twitter pages....looks a little tacky to me...

Please

#24 3 years ago

I downloaded the latest update and followed the steps as per the instructions till the end. Upon updating the machine, I ended losing lights to some of my boards. The scarecrow, Toto, number 8 on the yellow brick road, rainbow target and the hour-glass to name a few. The lights are way dimmer. After the game ended, the balls did not drain down from the play field. I have no idea what happened as it went from working perfectly to all the above issues. Not sure what my next steps to recovery are. Is this a common issue for those that have downloaded the update? What are my next steps?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Capture Dorothy light now blinks when ball will be locked and is solid when
a ball is already locked and will kick out to upper playfield.

I haven't updated yet but I am wondering is it possible the light is only going to light a solid color during a multiplayer game? Since technically the ball isn't going to release during a one player game unless the game needs that ball.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

After the game ended, the balls did not drain down from the play field.

That is a setting. You had it set to drain before, probably because of the oddness a bunch of versions ago. The default in the full load of 5.05 is to hold them.

#27 3 years ago

Dorothy™ capture light blinks when available, goes dark after capture.

I like the blue color better than the yellow.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Dorothy™ capture light blinks when available, goes dark after capture.
code says it should stay lit after capture this is not happening.
I like the blue better.

Code release states: Capture Dorothy light now blinks when ball will be locked and is solid when a ball is already locked and will kick out to upper playfield.

I read this as
* when a ball is not locked on the castle playfield already it will blink to indicate capture dorothy is available and the ball will be locked on the castle playfield once she is captured.
* when a ball is already locked on the castle playfield it will be solidly lit to indicate capture dorothy is available and when she is captured a ball will be released on the castle playfield (rather than served up at the shooter lane).
* the behavior after capturing dorothy remains the same... light becomes unlit

So by my reading the new code implements this correctly... All that stated it would be nice if there were a visual indicator when dorothy has already been captured besides trying to look for the capture dorothy standup targets or capturing a ball and cycling through the status screens.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Code release states: Capture Dorothy light now blinks when ball will be locked and is solid when a ball is already locked and will kick out to upper playfield.
I read this as
* when a ball is not locked on the castle playfield already it will blink to indicate capture dorothy is available and the ball will be locked on the castle playfield once she is captured.
* when a ball is already locked on the castle playfield it will be solidly lit to indicate capture dorothy is available and when she is captured a ball will be released on the castle playfield (rather than served up at the shooter lane).

That's how I read it also, can't try it though, I haven't updated yet. I'm sure someone will post whether or not this is the case.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

I read this as

So this feature of solid lighting the Capture Dorothy insert is for multi-player games (when a previous player locked a ball) or when a ball was left in the castle lock from a previous game?

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So this feature of solid lighting the Capture Dorothy insert is for multi-player games (when a previous player locked a ball) or when a ball was left in the castle lock from a previous game?

That's my take... and probably if you have virtual locks turned on also.

FYI: I have updated and it works exactly as described above for me. Also, I haven't encountered any issues that others have described (knock on wood).

Am loving new code... makes going for HOADC more valuable with extra ball option... and definitely seems like I have a better chance at SOTR.

#32 3 years ago

How does one get the HOADC extra ball?

#33 3 years ago

Successful collection of a 5 quantity hoadc by default

#34 3 years ago

And to think I almost made the mistake of selling my Woz.

Sensational

#35 3 years ago

Still confused on the Dorothy lamp.
If a ball is locked from a previous game on the castle playfield the lamp should be solid?

Mine is only blinking blue when the lock is qualified, nothing at any other time.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto here. Should be an option.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If a ball is locked from a previous game on the castle playfield the lamp should be solid?
Mine is only blinking blue when the lock is qualified, nothing at any other time.

It should be solid only when a ball is already locked on castle playfield (or virtual locks are turned on)... AND you have qualified capture dorothy AND not locked a ball on the castle playfield yourself. Once you capture dorothy yourself then the light will not become unlit.

Here's an attempt at the different logic states:

capturedorothylight.jpg

Would recommend doing a game where you have a ball captured on castle... ending that game... and before the ball gets released from castle starting a new game... then qualifying capture dorothy to see if lit solid yellow... if not, then your game behavior is different than mine.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Hi Taylor,

On my game, for single player, the Dorothy insert light blinks when Dorothy is available for capture. Once she is captured in single player and a ball is locked behind the castle door then the light is not lit solid nor blinking.

I think that what the recent postings are suggesting is for multi-player mode only in that the Dorothy insert will be solid blue meaning that Dorothy is available for the current player to capture and that a ball from another player is already locked behind the castle door.

At this point if Dorothy is captured by the current player the ball already behind the castle door will be released prior to the new ball being dropped behind the castle door and a new ball will not launch from the shooter lane.

I may very well be incorrect in my understanding of how the Dorothy insert light works with regards to single player mode and multi-player mode so please correct me if I am incorrect.

Oh now I see the excellent explanation by 'tiesmasc' in the post above. Go with his chart and information as it seems very well thought out.

Thanks.

Gord

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

It should be solid only when a ball is already locked on castle playfield (or virtual locks are turned on)... AND you have qualified capture dorothy AND not locked a ball on the castle playfield yourself. Once you capture dorothy yourself then the light will not become unlit.
Here's an attempt at the different logic states:
capturedorothylight.jpg
Would recommend doing a game where you have a ball captured on castle... ending that game... and before the ball gets released from castle starting a new game... then qualifying capture dorothy to see if lit solid yellow... if not, then your game behavior is different than mine.

Thanks for the well reasoned response with the nice chart. Makes it easier to follow the logic.

Gord

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

That's pretty much how I intended it to work, although the blue blinking was a copy/paste error.

We will have an update before too long that changes the "Capture Dorothy" lamp to work as follows:

off = unqualified
blinking yellow = qualified, no ball behind gate
blinking yellow/red = qualified, ball behind gate (this is to warn you that the ball will be released)
solid yellow = ball captured

#41 3 years ago

Alright, just played a couple games.

Qualified Dorothy with no ball locked=blinking blue.

If restarting a game with ball locked and then qualifying in a new game= no light.

#42 3 years ago

Also, if tilting while TNPLH animation is going the Tilt animation never comes on.

#43 3 years ago

I am getting a WOZLE today that I know doesn't have the latest software update. Is this as easy to update as a Stern pin? Any reason NOT to update the latest code?

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I am getting a WOZLE today that I know doesn't have the latest software update. Is this as easy to update as a Stern pin? Any reason NOT to update the latest code?

I'm a computer idiot and I got it done thanks in large part to the help of others on pinside. Make sure you have a 8gb or better flash drive or equivalent. Download 2 files from JJP - one is the update, the other the thingy to transfer it (as I understand it). Unetbootin (the transfer thingy) was the tricky part for me but really easy once you do it. Click on Unetbootin to open it up then scroll down and check "disk image" and click in the 3 dots "..." which will open up a screen to select the WOZ update file - once selected it's transferred to the flash drive which you plug in near the back of the cash box in WOZ. Cut your WOZ on and that should be it but if not you can use the WOZ utilities menu. It took me about 20 minutes for each transfer of the WOZ file so be patient - the transfer will appear stuck at times then progress.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Alright, just played a couple games.
Qualified Dorothy with no ball locked=blinking blue.
If restarting a game with ball locked and then qualifying in a new game= no light.

I just checked and get the exact same thing. Looks like it will be changed in the next update. No big deal and as usual JJP seems happy to fix it and keep updating the software. Now if we could only get someone to fix the bugs in 90's B/W games this easy.

#46 3 years ago

Can someone who has downloaded from JJP maybe give me a walk through over the phone. I know, I'm a short bus rider, but not sure about this and sure don't want to make a mistake or screw anything up.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can someone who has downloaded from JJP maybe give me a walk through over the phone. I know, I'm a short bus rider, but not sure about this and sure don't want to make a mistake or screw anything up.

Mac or PC?

#48 3 years ago

I can help with a PC, not sure Ill get to it tonight but I could call if you really need help

#49 3 years ago

The simplest method for you to do an update would be to get a USB with all the necessary files on it and skip to Part 3 and proceed from there.

If you want to do it all yourself then here are the steps. All of which assume you are on windows.

PART 1: Very Easy
1. Download the update file --> http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso
2. Download the MD5 Checksum --> http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso.checksum.txt
3. Download unetbootin.exe --> http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/utilities/unetbootin-win.exe
4. Obtain an 8 GB USB Drive (or larger) which has no files on it you need to keep

PART 2: Not as Easy... but not really difficult...
5. Format an the USB Drive as Fat32 --> See http://www.wikihow.com/Format-FAT32
Basically you figure out what drive letter it is (for this example assume it is G
Get a cmd prompt
and type this at the cmd prompt and then press enter "format /fs:fat32 g:"
then wait for it to be done and ask you for a volume name and just press enter.
Note: This could take some time.
6. Check the MD5 Checksum of the ISO file you downloaded versus that contained in the MD5 checksum you downloaded
Again... get to a cmd prompt
Then change to the directory where that file is located
At the cmd prompt type this and press enter "CertUtil -hashfile C:\TEMP\MyDataFile.img MD5"
You should get the following result:
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.
8a4a45aa5e73bc6b6c0060228f88b41c WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso
If this doesn't match the file you downloaded is incorrect in some way
7. Use Unetbootin to put the right files on your USB
Double-click on Unetbootin.exe to get it to run
Near the bottom of that window...
Click on the radio button to the left of Disk Image,
make sure the box to the right of that says ISO
and then click on the box with three dots (...)
Then select your WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso file
at the actual bottom of the window
Then make sure the Type says USB Drive, Drive letter selected is your USB Drive (G: in this example) and click OK.
When it is complete it will give you a window that asks you to "Reboot Now". DO NOT DO THIS... Just click exit instead.
Then take out your USB Drive (as it is now ready)

PART 3: Upgrade your machine... very easy (if you did the above correctly)
Make sure machine is off
Plug this USB drive into your WOZ
Turn on the machine
Wait... the game will autoupdate... and could take some time
When done the machine will tell you.
Then Turn off the machine
Remove the USB stick
You are done with the install

PART 4: Enjoy
Turn on the machine (it will take slightly longer to boot)
Play and enjoy

Note: If needed I could take a call as well but I'm hopeful the above is enough (and if not that some google searching for things like "how do I open a cmd prompt on windows 7" or something would get you past any stalling blocks )

#50 3 years ago

GREAT notes and it worked on the first try. Have to wait until the morning to play as to not wake up the kids but can't wait! So far REALLY loving this pin!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11,500.00
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 279.95
$ 11,500.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside