JJP_WOZ_SE.jpg
big-bass-wheel-pro-arcade-prize-redemption-game-baytek-games.jpg
Broke.jpg
image.jpg
loc-joint.jpg
woz_cab.jpg
image.jpg
Downvote.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Pinball isn't an investment

Biggest misconception about pinball, it IS an investment. Not so much for people that stick them in a man cave, but since most of them go into location for play, it is an investment. They even have have a magazine called Play Meter that talks about earnings from arcade equipment, pinball being part of that. Return of Investment is still part of the purchasing decision on arcade games for operators.

Besides MMR, and the pin, when they stop putting coin doors on pinball machines, then they stop being an investment. Even if you exclude operators, tell flippers pins are not an investment. Tell operators that when they sell old equipment, price doesn't matter.

The better terminology should be, pinball is NOT a GOOD investment as there are easier and more reliable ways of making money.

Jack said one of the reasons he picked WOZ as a theme was his WOZ coin pusher was doing incredible on location. The WOZ slot machine was doing great on location. So he figured WOZ pinball would follow suit.

To finish my point on where this is going, for WOZ to have a price increase it can only mean one thing, it MUST BE SELLING. Basic economics. When demand exceeds supply, prices go up. Operators say it is making them money, so maybe they are the ones driving up demand and not the home collector market.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

t's not making any money in my game room. So for me, it's not an investment.

That was not the jest of my post. Operators buy the most pins. Prices went up on a pin. Prices only go up when demand exceeds supply, ergo maybe it is doing well for route owners and people are glossing over that.

I don't have one in my game room, but every pin I do have in there is an investment. When I go to sell or trade a pin, which I have done numerous times, I find it easier to get a new pin if my old pin has appreciated.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

No. Prices go up for a multitude of reasons. Increasing parts costs being one. Financial instability can cause a business to raise prices in an attempt to dig out of a debt hole. So no, is does not definitively indicate demand is outpacing supply.

If prices increase to the point of not making a profit, then the producer will no longer be in business as they run out of capital. So raising prices to get out of a debt hole only works if the product sells. If it doesn't sell, the producer sits on inventory and then has to drop the prices to move it before going out of business, or is liquidated after they are out of business at a reduced price. There is nothing that indicates Jack is sitting on inventory.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

He is sitting on the parts to make WOZ's

How does raising the prices help move those parts if nobody is willing to pay that price for his machine?

Bottom line, pinball manufacturers will keep raising prices as long as people are paying the price they set. Pinside is only a small contingent of the buyers, somebody must be paying these prices or manufacturers would not be raising them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-500-price-increase?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.