JJP_WOZ_SE.jpg
big-bass-wheel-pro-arcade-prize-redemption-game-baytek-games.jpg
Broke.jpg
image.jpg
loc-joint.jpg
woz_cab.jpg
image.jpg
Downvote.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

WOZ is super fun but I could never see myself paying anything close to that for one.

I couldn't see myself paying that much for it either, and I own a WOZ. I love this freaking hobby, but not at those prices. I will never join the 10k club. I don't know what causes the psychological barrier that exists at 8k, but I'm not crossing it.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Kiss LE is a ~$9k pin shipped...

Is it really? Ouch. That is an even bigger jump over the shark.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Stern Pros are getting more and more attractive each day.

Really?? Judging by the newer ones I've played, they are getting cheaper and cheaper feeling. They are also getting repetitious (hey, let's put two ramps in this one with a fan layout!). And don't look, but the pro will be crossing the 5k price barrier soon (not list, for reals). They are taking more out and charging more. Nah, not looking more appealing than their own games from a few years ago.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Bingo. Just look at Kiss pro compared to MET pro. No comparison. One of those titles is cheaper to build then the other and therefore has a higher profit margin.
Stern can definitely keep making pro's that will be much cheaper then LE's, same with premiums, but they can also keep stripping down features which is a hidden price hike.

My pinball soul died a little when I played Wrestlemania LE.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

so when is JJP throwing in the towel?

When are you?

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

how could you downvote my post?

Downvote.jpgDownvote.jpg

#249 8 years ago

I'm more concerned about the build quality of this thread. This is summer TV that is nothing but reruns. Same people on their same sides, including the butt hole typing this.

(I can't get a thread eject for not being nice to myself, can I?)

#296 8 years ago

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said Jack could go out of business while I was waiting for my WOZ. I'd probably have enough to buy... Another WOZ.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The LOTR is a much more epic story to be honest. The Hobbit is much more simplistic and rather boring at times. Heck, Jackson actually had to take 'artistic license' and spruce it up a bit. If he didn't it would have been much more of let down than it already was.

That's because he stretched it into 3 long movies. The smaller story could have been great with just one movie. And I wouldn't have had to sit through what felt like 20 minutes of dwarves washing dishes.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Has Stern EVER increased their price throughout production?

Yes, yes they have. They do it through their distributors. If a machine is a hot seller, the price will go up. If there are not many of that particular machine left, the price goes up. If they are not selling, the price goes down a bit. I'm talking the street price, not the MSRP. The actual price you pay changes all the time with Stern depending on market conditions.

I don't mind people making comparisons between the two manufacturers, but at least make them correct comparisons.

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Just because distributors increase there price does not mean Stern has increased there price . The distributors will dump games or squeeze margins.There is a thread on distributors pricing running now. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-doesnt-stern-have-transparent-pricing

Actually, they do it themselves by forcing distributors to take a bad machine with a good one. For instance, you want a KISS LE to sell? Well you have to take this nice WWE LE to sell as well. Stern does it in a way that isn't as easy to see, but they do it. It is a system that has matured over the years.

In other words, why doesn't Stern have transparent pricing? Because people would complain about the pricing if they knew exactly how it all worked. Much easier to hide it under a veil. That way people like you can't see the bigger system. You can get ticked off at a specific distributor, you can go to another car dealership to help you feel better... oh, I meant distributor.

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

But you don't buy Big Bass Wheel for the home arcade.

I'm trying to figure out how I could use it in the gameroom... Pick your pizza topping on the Big Bass Wheel! Pick your desired chips from the cupboard on the Big Bass Wheel! Or pick your craft beer on the Big Bass Wheel... nope, you're right, I'm not got to buy a Big Bass Wheel for my home arcade.

BBWP.jpgBBWP.jpg

#459 8 years ago
Quoted from chad:

any word on his pin??

Only this... Hi Pat!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-500-price-increase?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.