Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by maddog14
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150724_215224.jpg
20150724_215232.jpg
20150807_195058.jpg
20150807_195122.jpg
20150807_200456.jpg
20150807_200442.jpg
20150807_212027.jpg
BBWP.jpg
JJP_WOZ_SE.jpg
big-bass-wheel-pro-arcade-prize-redemption-game-baytek-games.jpg
Broke.jpg
image.jpg
loc-joint.jpg
woz_cab.jpg
image.jpg
Downvote.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Huh, interesting move. With HUO WOZLEs listed at $7500, and HUO WOZ Standards at $6700, it's hard to imagine they're going to move a lot of NIB Standards at $8500. Maybe they're calculating that used prices are already enough of an anchor that their primary sales for WOZ going forward will be to affluent newcomers to pinball, who either won't notice or won't care about the increased price differential? Or maybe it's just an illusory bump in MSRP so that dealers can maintain prices but trumpet a larger discount from "retail"?
Still can't say it makes a ton of sense to me.

But you get that warranty, play field not included

#226 4 years ago

Anyone who says Jjp has a higher quality build has forever lost all credibility in my eyes.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Where exactly is the BUILD quality of WOZ **far greater** than any other modern pin?

They pre-paid and waited forever for the "innovative" WOZ to get delivered hence the nonstop higher build quality rhetoric. Its quite laughable.

Quoted from hillbilly:

How about the MMR which is being manufactured by Stern?

They are assembling it, they put it together with the instructions Chicago Gaming supplies them, your implications are misdirected.

Quoted from jgentry:

The main problem was with lots of new innovation they introduced a ton of unknowns that were not properly QC'ed and tested long term.

Like what? Color changing LED inserts that AC/DC already had or the operating system that I see a thread every few days that their game won't boot?

edit--Oh you meant the innovation of not using washers under the screws to secure ramps, my bad.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Widebody and better constructed cabinets.

I cant count how many times I've been carrying Stern cabinets down my stairwell and it completely fell apart in my hands. Big thanks to JJP for correcting that issue and being highly innovative.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

No, Stern is assembling it due to Chicago Gaming not being able to manufacturer the pin. They are overseeing the production but Stern is assembling the pin. So they are manufacturing. What don't you understand?

If you sent me one of your games completely unassembled, I put it together....that means I manufactured it?

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

I responded to your idiotic post

Is this how you speak to people at your fortune 100 company?

#248 4 years ago

Hillbilly at dinner with family.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Well...maybe not. At least not quite. Like the clip though.

What kind of gas mileage do you get with your Stratus?

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Does it have some problems, yes. Would I trust it to be running in 20 years like most sterns will be, probably not but that certainly has not been proven yet.

Probably why the warranty isn't transferrable.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Don't own a dodge. How bout your yugo?

Its a sweet hatchback so at least I can fit a pin in it!

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

and I'm sure you wouldn't be working there either?

Correct, Ill stay happy owning/operating my sole proprietor business that Ive been doing the past 12 years.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yep, the LOTR I play on-route here in Denver has a "blurry" look to the text and images, like they were misaligned just a bit during printing. One reason I thought a LOTR VE would be nice (though it sounds like there are some originals with perfectly printed play fields).

The LOTR I had you could tell where they just took a sharpie around the inserts to make it look centered more, Ha! No biggie, didn't make the game any less fun.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Really??? Both of those games feel clunky as hell. TSPP feels like it might fall apart when you play it. Both decent games but they do not feel solid to play.

Spidey is one of the most buttery smooth pins I've ever played

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I am so dissappointed I always just figured anywhere he would go Centerflank would just use his Light Bike....

The light trail the bike emitted kept splitting all the pins in half I towed on a trailer so I had to stop using it.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

were they splitting just the poorly made sterns apart or did that include all pins?

Just Jjp cabs, I bought 8 woz's and that split those half ass cabs in half, superior build quality my ass.

#367 4 years ago

Anyone know what their current production numbers are, as in how many they can make/ship per week?

I don't know why that sort of info fascinates me but it does, hoping they are getting it all together so the Hobbit roll out goes fast&furious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside